Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2016 4:52:38 PM EDT
I'm in Switzerland now and from what I can tell a K31 goes for around $100. If I can get one to the US for under $300, I'd be pretty interested.

Has anyone done something like this? Do I just get a US gun shop to fill out a form 6?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 5:33:54 PM EDT
[#1]
IN.  

OP you might want to post in FFL section too.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#2]
OST and bring me one. I will Paypal.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 5:35:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I think you need someone in the US with an import license.

I looked into some British shotguns years ago, and I seem to remember that being the case.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IN.  

View Quote

Where's that?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Man I really wish I could bring back an SIG510. They're like $250 here.  :(
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Read this

http://www.simpsonltd.com/information.php?info_id=4

The short of it is it is not going to be cost effective.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Read this

http://www.simpsonltd.com/information.php?info_id=4

The short of it is it is not going to be cost effective.
View Quote

God damn.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm in Switzerland now and from what I can tell a K31 goes for around $100. If I can get one to the US for under $300, I'd be pretty interested.

Has anyone done something like this? Do I just get a US gun shop to fill out a form 6?
View Quote

Beoing that you are from CA, doesn't the gun you purchase have to be on the approved list ?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:09:52 PM EDT
[#10]
when I was in the army I bought several guns,  from the rod and gun club. ( basically the army), and shipped it home with my house hold goods.

no clue how it works thru the normal world though.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Beoing that you are from CA, doesn't the gun you purchase have to be on the approved list ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

K31 is a straight pull rifle, should be good to go.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I looked into some British shotguns years ago, and I seem to remember that being the case.
View Quote

I thought every FFL holder = "import license" holder?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#13]
IN. FedEx overnight everything
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a non-NFA bolt rifle, it's approved.

CA's "Approved list" is called the roster and it only applies to handguns. Everything else just has to be CA compliant.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:46:01 PM EDT
[#16]
You'll definitely need the service over a dealer since you are here. I brought a few guns back from Germany on a form 6 and it was a fairly simple process from over there.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:51:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You'll definitely need the service over a dealer since you are here. I brought a few guns back from Germany on a form 6 and it was a fairly simple process from over there.
View Quote

What did you use on the US end? How much was it?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:15:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't use anything. Brought the guns with me and declared them to customs. They signed the paperwork and I was on my way.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:43:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. You have to elect and pay for that class. Then you still have to know how to fill out the complicated customs forms. I usually use Simpson's LTD since they are set up to do the engraving and everything.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#20]
According to this ATF Document, A regular FFL can import the occasional firearm for personal use or for a specific customer on request without becoming a licensed importer, ie; if you have a friendly FFL, he can do it.

Buut, it gets confusing talking about importing military arms or relics, not sure if you could import a K-31....

ETA: Maybe....Surplus Military Firearms
A surplus military firearm is any firearm which has ever been possessed by a regular or
irregular military force. Surplus military firearms are prohibited from importation under 18
U.S.C. § 925(d)(3); however, § 925(e) authorizes licensed importers (FFL type 08 or 11)
to import surplus military rifles and shotguns classified as curios or relics; and handguns
classified as curios or relics which meet the sporting criteria. In order to qualify for
importation the firearms must be in their original military configuration and cannot have
been sporterized. Further, under the AECA, the importation of U.S.-origin surplus military
firearms is generally prohibited without retransfer authorization from the Department of
State. 27 CFR § 447.57.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 9:53:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Where's that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IN.  

Where's that?

Here, you go. looking forward to this process. Would be great if a tutorial could be written up and stickied

FFL Discussions
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#22]
OP you need a Type 08 FFL to handle this.  I would recommend Hanson Brothers in VA.
http://www.ar15.com/member/member.html?id=398162
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 10:20:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm a licensed customs broker and I've handled firearms imports for collectors.

Several folks have had their C&R. A couple didn't.

The overseas dealer arranged air freight to ORD. I moved it to my bonded warehouse where it sat it our locked air freight cage. Meanwhile I transmitted the customs entry electronically and sent the ATF paperwork down to Customs to get signed off. Once CBP had signed off on the paperwork, I shipped the firearm overnight via Fedex or UPS to the FFL, who then handled the transfer to the importer. That's for the folks who didn't have their C&R. I sent it directly to the C&R folks.

ETA: You have to get a Form 6 from ATF and that can take some months.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top