BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/17/2008 3:47:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 3:50:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Hah, that's impressive.

I broke my ribs in a fight once. Doctor just told me to take a lot of ibuprofen every day. Took years to heal, hurt like fucking hell every time I would breath in for about a year, and to this day it still gives me some pains. Pretty shitty.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 3:51:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I broke mine when I was in High School playing soccer.  Took a nasty slide tackle right on my tail bone.  I didn't walk straight for a month.  It took a pretty long time to heal.  Of course I was still playing soccer in the mean time.  

Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 3:51:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Ugh.  That sucks.  I might have broken mine once during a mountain bike ride.  The trail was really leafy and kinda on a sidehill.  My tires both went sideways at the same time and I sat directly down on a rock at speed.  Without a doubt the most painful mtn bike experience of my life, almost beyond words.  It passed in a few days, though, not weeks.  Hang in there...
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 3:52:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I worked with a girl who broke hers falling on her butt during a hike.

She had to be immoble the first couple weeks, and it took a long time to recover.

Good luck with the healing.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#5]
3 times. Pain goes away eventually.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#6]
please post pics of yourself so I can decide?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:02:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I broke my tailbone in the Marines by doing too many situps (300+ at a time nearly every day).  It has never healed.  It doesn't hurt unless I sit for long hours (8+ hours).
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:18:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Broke mine after a severe motorcycle wreck.
MRI's were taken of head\neck, not lower back.
A few weeks after I woke up and was able to move a bit, well, pain was severe.
A deep, dull pain, way inside the body.
Went away after a few months, hope yours goes away soon; not like you have rest time available!
WHAT DID YOU HAVE! AND NAME. ETC!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I did the exact same thing 7 years ago!!

Can't sit for extended periods-hurts with weather change etc..  But it took almost a year to feel "normal" again.. As normal as you can feel after that I guess..
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:24:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Broke mine in the 5th grade when someone jumped off of the see-saw while I was at the top. It hurt on and off for a good 6 months.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:25:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Ouch!  Did you get the "donut" to sit on?

ETA: Colton was a big feller, huh?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#12]
OUCHHHHHHHHHHH I hope you feel better soon.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes, once.

Both cheeks solid blue/black for weeks.

Much pain.

Danny
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:37:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It has never healed.  It doesn't hurt unless I sit for long hours (8+ hours).

Same here. Feet came out from under me and caught the tail bone on the edge of a stair. The shooting pain up the spinal column was a rush..until the pain set it. This was about 15 years ago. Not a damn thing they can do for it, other than surgery, which in many cases makes it worse. Starts to hurt after a few hours, depending on how I'm sitting.

Sorry I don't have better news.

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Yup your going to hurt for a bit, mine gave me problems for months.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:43:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes.

I was butt-hurt for a while with it too.

I had been squatting way, way down low trimming a rose bush.  And I just fell over for no good reason -- right on the tip of the tailbone.

Talk about feeling DUMB.

Nothing much to do for it.  Alternate ice and heat.

One thing that did help is I got one of those rolling-massage cushion thingies with the built in heating pad and would lay on it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:43:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:46:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I somehow managed to break mine during delivery a few weeks ago.  Doc said there was nothing she could do about it, just have to wait for it to heal.  Well, it's been 3 weeks and it feels worse than it did in the beginning.  Doc said thing today...just takes time.

Yeah well, how MUCH freaking time are we talking here?  I just want to be able to sit down in a chair again.

took me over six weeks before it wasn't bothering me constantly.

ETA- judging by some of your responses, I got off easy.

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I hope you get to felling better.  My wife broke her tail bone tubing on the river a month ago and is still feeling pain, so am I.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Never broke it but I did hurt it once trying to roller blade. It hurt like a bitch for a week
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:49:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Slipped on some ice when I was 12 and really farking slammed down hard on my tail bone.  Good God did that hurt for a while.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#22]
The closest I ever came to something like that is when I "break" wind.

jj

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:51:04 PM EDT
[#23]
YES!

6 years ago and it still bothers me.

Damn woman how did you do THAT doing THAT??!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Wife says 2 years before she was reasonably comfortable sitting in certain chairs but the blunt of the pain went away after a few months. Still bothers her some even today.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:54:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ouch!  Did you get the "donut" to sit on?

ETA: Colton was a big feller, huh?
Yeah, got the donut.  Worked alright for the first week, now it just irritates and hurts.  

I'd do it all over again just to have this little man in my life, but dang, he's got a big ol' head, just like his daddy.

Thanks for all the replies, folks.  I think I'll go lay in the corner and cry now.  I was really praying someone could offer some glimmer of hope for me.  *sniff*

It's worse getting up than sittind down though.  I did mine in baseball and it took 2 months or more to heal.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:54:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Yep.  I broke mine about 15 years ago.  As I recall, it took months to get better.

I finally figured out what you were talking about when you said delivery. Congrats.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Broke mine as a kid when I fell off a bike.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I somehow managed to break mine during delivery a few weeks ago.  Doc said there was nothing she could do about it, just have to wait for it to heal.  Well, it's been 3 weeks and it feels worse than it did in the beginning.  Doc said thing today...just takes time.

Yeah well, how MUCH freaking time are we talking here?  I just want to be able to sit down in a chair again.

If it does not resolve after a couple of weeks, find yourself a good pain Doc, fellowship trained with an anesthesia background, and ask about a ganglion of Impar and coccygeal nerve block and ablation. I see it fairly commonly in parturients.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

When I was about fourteen I broke mine, it hurt bad for weeks, then I re-broke it while roughhousing.

I don't think it healed exactly right because it bothered me on and off for years, the worst thing was the crappy seating in movie theaters, I was always sore after an hour or so.

Fortunately it stopped giving me problems by the time I was 30, now I can sit around and do nothing all day long with no issues at all.

Edited to add: Being the dense person I am, I thought "delivery" meant you got hurt working for UPS.

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Broke mine in college.  We were practicing birling (you know, that game loggers play where 2 get on a log in the water and they try to roll the other off the log) in preparation for an upcoming competition.  We had that log rolling pretty good, I was keeping my balance, when my "sparring partner" managed to stop the roll dead.  I ended up horizontal 3 feet in the air over the log.  Crashed down smack on my tailbone.

Busted that sucker right up.  Nothing could be done.  Pain was, well, indescribable.

At least it was back in college, where there were plenty of 'alternative" pain medications

So, the next time someone says "that was as easy as falling off a log", you'll know different!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:10:57 PM EDT
[#31]
My Wife broke hers years ago  when she slipped and fell on ice...............The doctors completely missed it , now she has a fucked up ass/lower back...............you can feel pumps and the lowest part is pushed off to one side.

Get it fixed now!!!!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#32]
My wife broke hers when we were first dating about 5 years ago. I want to say it was 3 months.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#33]
My wife did, it was a very painful experience for her. Luckily she didn't perforate her colon when she broke it. She had to site on rubber tube for over 3 months for it to heal.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Mine is bent slighty to the right after  fall when I was 14 or so, Horrible pains.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:04:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Sp sorry to hear of the injury.  I bruised mine bad once playing hockey.  It literally hurt for 6 months.  I have a pretty high tolerance for pain and it was really getting on my nerves around month 4...  I hope yours goes away quicker...
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Takes time, it was about a month before I could get comfortable in a chair.

Now breaking bones in delivery, thats what husbands are for.

Friend of mine made the mistake of holding his wife's hands during delivery. Yep 2 broken hands. Found him in the hospital room trying to open a can of soda with his teeth with out calling a nurse. Tought him to stay in the waiting room on their next rug rat.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:33:54 PM EDT
[#37]
I broke my mom's when I was born.  She was numbed up from the shot they give you in the back prior to birth but she said after it wore off she was in a mess of pain.  

She knew I was gonna be a shit the moment my big head popped out.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Mine was broek all the way through high school from playing hockey. Ended up taking a little over year before it healed (because I kept breaking it) It only hurt to sit on the hard school chairs.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:52:13 AM EDT
[#39]
My wife broke her tailbone a few years back.  She was hanging curtains in our living room, standing on a chair.  She leaned over a bit too far to get the last curtain hook...and fell off the chair.

Through a  glass-topped coffee table.  Kind of like Chris Farley used to do on SNL about once a week.he
So she was laying there (I was at work) and she thought she'd busted her pelvis or her hip, it hurt so bad.  She couldn't get up.

Our daughter was two at the time.  My wife got my daughter to bring her the phone, and she called my in-laws--who lived six houses down on the same street as us at the time.

My fatehr-in-law--her own father--answered the phone.  She told him she'd fallen and that she couldn't get up (I thought that was the hilarious part of the story) and she thought she'd broken her pelvis.

My father-in-law paused and said (I'm not making this up):  "We're eating dinner right now.  Can you call back in half an hour ?"

he
Now my wife is in tears from the pain and her father's own callous asshattery.  So she calls me at the gun range where I was working a Sporting Clays tournement.  I'm two hours away.  So she tells me what the dickhead just said to her about 'calling back in half an hour'.  I go ballistic and call their house.  My mother -in-law answers.  I tell her what just happened with her husband.

The asshole didn't even tell her that my wife had gotten hurt.  He just went back and sat down for dinner like nothing had happened.

My MIL went fucking nuts.  Called my FIL every name in the book and hauled ass over to my house and called an ambulance for the wife (oh yeah, remember her ?hort,
But the good thing was:

A:  We moved out of state not soon after--fuck you, Dad !

and

B:  I got to hear her say 'Coccyx' about ten times a day for six weeks.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#41]
My wife broke hers giving birth to our daughter.  She had an epideral and she didn't feel it but we all heard a loud "pop".  She had to use a cane to walk, and donut to sit on, and I had to build steps for her to get in the bed.  I was Mr. Mom for the first three months.  She was in horrible pain for about three months, and it took a good 9 months to heal, was still uncomfortable for a good year.   Probably one of the worst injuries you could get.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:47:08 PM EDT
[#43]
just think.... when he is older you get to blame for it and bring it up an the worst times
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
.doc just looked up and said 'Nope, she broke her hoo ha'.  

I bet Karma just about passed out at that point

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:52:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:53:09 PM EDT
[#47]
4-6 months before you stop feeling it. A lifetime of never being able to sit quite right.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:58:09 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Are you sure it is your tailbone or could it be from your epidural if you had one?  I believe I told you my epidural horror story where I ended up with a ruptured disc and spinal fusion from it.  

I hope you get to feeling better real soon!
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
YES!

Yeah, I had no idea that was even possible during delivery.  All I know is that I was pushing, he was stuck, and all of a sudden there was a loud 'CRACK!!!', the table shook, and through 2 epidurals I still felt it snap.  The Mr. thought it was the baby's neck or something else majorly wrong...doc just looked up and said 'Nope, she broke her hoo ha'.  

Next time I'm opting for a C section.

Maybe this might make you smile.  

A couple of weeks ago I was talking with a retiring teacher about what she was going to do in her spare time.  She talks about how she will miss teaching and how she has considered going to work part-time for another school, but explained that she would be limited to those kids.  At that point she held her mouth open in a silent scream and acted like she was twirling something in her hand.  I asked her where she got that expression from and she explained that she had received this picture of a retarded person in an email with the caption "OMG IT SPINS!"

Apparently, your husband has become the unofficial mascot for special ed teachers.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 2:02:44 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
YES!

Yeah, I had no idea that was even possible during delivery.  All I know is that I was pushing, he was stuck, and all of a sudden there was a loud 'CRACK!!!', the table shook, and through 2 epidurals I still felt it snap.  The Mr. thought it was the baby's neck or something else majorly wrong...doc just looked up and said 'Nope, she broke her hoo ha'.  

Next time I'm opting for a C section.

Maybe this might make you smile.  

A couple of weeks ago I was talking with a retiring teacher about what she was going to do in her spare time.  She talks about how she will miss teaching and how she has considered going to work part-time for another school, but explained that she would be limited to those kids.  At that point she held her mouth open in a silent scream and acted like she was twirling something in her hand.  I asked her where she got that expression from and she explained that she had received this picture of a retarded person in an email with the caption "OMG IT SPINS!"

Apparently, your husband has become the unofficial mascot for special ed teachers.  

For the all time epic win!!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top