Scozzafava drops out!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:52:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Was she naked?!?
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#2]
in before the haters and humpers.

oh wait, I'm a leg humper so never mind

btw, your description of what happened sucks. how about some details.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:55:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Was she naked?!?

You mean scozzafava?

DO NOT WANT.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:55:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Scozzafava Dropped out of the race Hoffman embraced by the Rep party
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 9:02:01 AM EDT
[#5]
What does Sara Palin got anything to do with this?
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 10:01:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Earlier this week, she publicly endorsed hoffmann––––who is running as an independent––––instead of scozzafava––––who is/was running as a GOPer.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 10:03:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Earlier this week, she publicly endorsed hoffmann––––who is running as an independent––––instead of scozzafava––––who is/was running as a GOPer.

Hoffman = actual republican
Scazzava = rino
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#8]
This was in New York, right?  Is this a good thing?
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 10:06:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Awesome!!!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 10:09:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This was in New York, right?  Is this a good thing?

As one of the Czar's would probably quote from their favorite philospher

"The journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step."

Actually, this may be bad, since she would be getting a lot the of the ACORN support voters, who will now go to the dem.  A split tix between the to liberals was the best way to get that seat.

Woo Hooo though
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:26:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Sweet Jesus, I still love America!  
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:28:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hoffman = actual republican

Scazzava = rino

It's obvious that the RNC asked \ persuaded Scozzafava to bail.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:29:57 AM EDT
[#14]

thank god

ive been praying for this to happen

ETA: jeez don't any of you watch the news and pay attention to whats going on?  

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Wonder how Sarah is going to mount this RINO head on her wall?
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:35:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Well well...
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#17]
And Newt Gingrich comes out of this with egg on his face.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:39:51 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

He's a fucking toolbag of the highest order, anyway.  Good for him.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Good.  

That pansy dumbass Gingrich won the vote in 1994 embracing the very principles he betrayed.  He was sent to D.C. to kick some ass and he flaked out.

He deserves egg on his f#$%ing face.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.  

That pansy dumbass Gingrich won the vote in 1994 embracing the very principles he betrayed.  He was sent to D.C. to kick some ass and he flaked out.

His climate change commercial with Pelosi was absolutely gobsmacking.  I still can't believe he did that.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.  

His climate change commercial with Pelosi was absolutely gobsmacking.  I still can't believe he did that.

Just another has-been politician dabbling in the all-things-to-all-people routine.  He's spent all his socio-political currency on a bombed-out casue that never was.  The 1994 turnover was a potential defining moment for the R-party & they utterly fumbled the ball inside the 10 yd line.  I sat there watching repubs lose every damned battle before & during Bush II's tenure & kept asking myself when they were going to pull out the stops, but they never did.  No conviction, no guts, no game.  They couldn't touch anything they claimed after getting into office.  They didn't have the guts to push any reform or agenda, unlike their counterparts in power now.

A 3rd party needs to pick up the conservative reigns, seeing as how no one else is carrying them, & drop the religious-right along the way.  Politics & religion are a bad mix, each diluting the other.  A lot of people got turned off by GHWB's re-election campaign convention, myself included.  He handed the job to Clinton w/ that.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 12:43:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.  

Just another has-been politician dabbling in the all-things-to-all-people routine.  He's spent all his socio-political currency on a bombed-out casue that never was.  The 1994 turnover was a potential defining moment for the R-party & they utterly fumbled the ball inside the 10 yd line.  I sat there watching repubs lose every damned battle before & during Bush II's tenure & kept asking myself when they were going to pull out the stops, but they never did.  No conviction, no guts, no game.  They couldn't touch anything they claimed after getting into office.  They didn't have the guts to push any reform or agenda, unlike their counterparts in power now.

A 3rd party needs to pick up the conservative reigns, seeing as how no one else is carrying them, & drop the religious-right along the way. Politics & religion are a bad mix, each diluting the other.  A lot of people got turned off by GHWB's re-election campaign convention, myself included.  He handed the job to Clinton w/ that.

Nice try.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 1:09:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.  

A 3rd party needs to pick up the conservative reigns, seeing as how no one else is carrying them, & drop the religious-right along the way. Politics & religion are a bad mix, each diluting the other.  A lot of people got turned off by GHWB's re-election campaign convention, myself included.  He handed the job to Clinton w/ that.

Nice try.

Who's trying?

Overt courting of religion in politics is a bad plan.  It's always OK when it's your religion.  Maybe if they courted a different belief you'd have a different opinion.  It's a double edged sword, not to mention, it has the effect of respecting a particular religous establishment.  Bad policy.

Your church has you buffalo'ed if you think it's OK to blur the line.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sweet Jesus, I still love America!  

Amen!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#26]
this is fantastic! maybe they are getting the message.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.  

Nice try.

Who's trying?

Overt courting of religion in politics is a bad plan.  It's always OK when it's your religion.  Maybe if they courted a different belief you'd have a different opinion.  It's a double edged sword, not to mention, it has the effect of respecting a particular religous establishment.  Bad policy.

you have absolutley no idea what you are talking about .You need to get your ass out of the liberal side of the state and get your mind right.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.  

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:24:11 PM EDT
[#29]

Mmmmmmmmm - mmmmmmmmmm! Palin PIE!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

She didn't drop out of shit. She was TOLD to drop out.

The GOP better learn from this, learn from their past mistakes, and learn to use what they've learned REALLY DAMN FAST!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:25:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Sarah is doing, exactly, what she said she would.  Put herself behind conservative voices, regardless of parties.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:27:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes and this is huge Palin needs to take her rightful place as head of the Republican Party !!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:33:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.  

Nice try.

you have absolutley no idea what you are talking about .You need to get your ass out of the liberal side of the state and get your mind right.

No.  The religious right does not need to be a part of this.  This is not a religious issue.   The RR just got dumped on in the past by the repubs after they were pandered to prior to elections.  It actually hurts whatever your "cause" is.  The truth is that your causes are the same as the non-religious right.  Both group's needs are compatible and can be addressed simultaneously.  The religious right is nothing more than buzzword for mobilizing the largely white, middle-class conservative voters involved in bible-belt churches.  If you enjoy getting shit on after the election is over, then buy into all of the same crap campaigning and pandering that Bush put into his first election.  Secularize the movement.  Our own individual faiths will see us through.  Trying to label all of us the same will lead us to looking like the lowest common denominator.

I'll pray for you

<––––––Very Catholic.  I take my religious orders from the Bishop of Rome, not some politician or political party hack.  My morals, I take from my parents, my God, and myself.  I can separate politics from religion.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:39:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.  

Nice try.

Who's trying?

Nobody said the candidate has to perform full-immersion Baptisms on the stump... but that's not what you said.  You said "drop the religious right."

If you're going to kick Christians and evangelicals out of the party, you're going to find that there aren't nearly enough atheist anarcho-liberatarians to staff your phone banks, go door-to-door, and participate in GOTV efforts.  If you think there are enough Ron Paul voters out there to replace the Christian "values voters," you need to re-examine your math.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Newt and his gang better get it together and figure out what is happening.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:45:40 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:47:34 PM EDT
[#37]
green shoots
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.  

Nice try.

Who's trying?

Nobody said the candidate has to perform full-immersion Baptisms on the stump... but that's not what you said.  You said "drop the religious right."

If you're going to kick Christians and evangelicals out of the party, you're going to find that there aren't nearly enough atheist anarcho-liberatarians to staff your phone banks, go door-to-door, and participate in GOTV efforts.  If you think there are enough Ron Paul voters out there to replace the Christian "values voters," you need to re-examine your math.

YOUR values are OUR values!  The whole religious right banner is pandering propaganda.  You should know better than that!  

Do you really need someone waving a flag with a cross on it so that you know who to vote for?
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:49:41 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good.  

OH SNAP.

Good luck on this board.

You didn't see the clause in the Constitution that gives the fedgov the power to tell you how many babies to have.

Good luck with that shit.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:03:58 PM EDT
[#40]
As a proud Conservative and Tea Party supporter, I was EXTREMELY happy to hear
about this. This is good news on a lot of levels.

Doug Kauffman is a true American, non-career politician who is fed up with the B.S.
in Washington and in the Republican Party. Not only will this send a clear message
to the Republicans, it cannot but encourage other true Conservatives to run in the
future. Good for Mr. Kauffman, and Hurray for us!

The "professional" Republicans have egg on their faces, as was so accurately
described before in this thread. They backed a loser who happened to have an
"R" next to her name. That's ALL she had seperating her from the run-of-the mill
Democrat. That kind of bullshit needs to stop right the fuck now, and hopefully
this is both a message and a loud and clear wake-up call.

Real Conservatives like Sarah Palin and Mike Pawlenty endorsed Mr. Kauffman
EARLY, when it was seen as a VERY risky move by the professional Republicans.
They have been vindicated, and rightly so. This turn of events can, and will, help
both of them, especially Sarah.

A good deal, and Thank God, I say.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#41]
All the religion bashing here is pathetic.

I have not seen a report on this yet so I am waiting for confirmation. Hope its true.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

She didn't drop out of shit. She was TOLD to drop out.

The GOP better learn from this, learn from their past mistakes, and learn to use what they've learned REALLY DAMN FAST!!

By whom?

I'm not arguing, but FOX news says she (or rather her campaign team) says differently. From the article on FOX now....

Scozzafava's team pulled the plug on the campaign after viewing the Siena poll, sources told Fox News, adding that there was no pressure from the National Republican Congressional Committee or the Republican National Committee.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:19:05 PM EDT
[#43]
its not on drudge. Where did they get this story?

story on fox
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:23:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Very nice.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding!  I haven't heard any news today––thanks for the post.  I'm going to go check this out...
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#46]
The two political parties are just alike and the people have no power.

Don't you all remember that?
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.  

Yes.  All of this.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:31:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes and this is huge Palin needs to take her rightful place as head of the Republican Party !!

You know, I hadn't thought of that, but Palin would make a nice replacement for Michael Steele...
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:48:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know, I hadn't thought of that, but Palin would make a nice replacement for Michael Steele...

If Hoffman wins, she very well may become the de facto head of the NEW Republican party.  She may be in any case.  And the fringe groups who call themselves conservatives are not needed.  Who are they going to vote for?  A third party?  Good, they will have no vote.  Some people need to revisit the Reagan victories and stop whining about their problems.  Nobody cares.  A new conservative party has no need for a big tent to win.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:54:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

YOUR values are OUR values!  The whole religious right banner is pandering propaganda.  You should know better than that!  

Do you really need someone waving a flag with a cross on it so that you know who to vote for?

If you insist on being a sarcastic a**hole, I don't think your new party is going to become very large.

I'm not the one talking about dropping the religious right.  Care to explain yourself further?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top