Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2004 4:55:41 PM EST
Damn, I'm getting pumped watchin' the fire fights. Got the 27a1 Thompson out, kickin' some kraut ass. This stuff gets my blood moving.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:00:19 PM EST
Nope, got it on DVD

Remember that guy in Iraq that was posted about a day or two ago, who drove the humvee directly at enemy positions and then cleared some trenches of enemy forces by himself? Wait until you get the the part where Dick Winters clears the 88's firing on the beaches of Normandy. That totally reminded me of that part of the movie. Dick Winters is one hell of a guy and so is that Marine who did a similar thing in Iraq.

I would have to say that BOB is the most well adapted movie/miniseries to a book ever done. I still liked the book better for the other little tid bits you don't get in the series, but the series was awsome!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:01:07 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:02:46 PM EST
I've got the series on tape, I watched it once but I'm too lazy to pop in the tapes and watch it again,LOL. And since it was on anyway I just figured I'd watch it. It really does help having "props" when you watch.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:06:00 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:07:59 PM EST
I remember watching the last episode where they talk about where they live and what they did after the war. Winters lives in Hershey, PA and if I knew about that sooner, I should have paid him a visit. I have an uncle who is a WW2 vet and maybe he knows where he lives. That visit would make an interesting story to post here, what do you think?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:09:02 PM EST
"Why I ought ta.", LOL I didn't have a DVD at the time so I went with tapes. Now I have a DVD so I'll be getting it on DVD when I can afford it. Need more Thompson mags, 45ACP ammo, want to pick up a Nagant pistol and a couple Mosin/Nagant 91/30's on my C&R first. Grandpa, as a matter of fact I do have 4 grandkids,LOL.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:09:02 PM EST
not now, but I did watch it when they showed them all in 1 week a few weeks ago
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:13:52 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:17:25 PM EST
I picked up a DVD/VCR about 3 months ago. Cost all of $98.00 bucks at Wal-Mart. I really wanted one that would record DVD's but they're still about $800 bucks. I just have the get the BoB set on DVD.
Top Top