Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/2/2015 10:23:43 AM EDT
Apparently The Blaze is cancelling their email program, "so that they can concentrate on providing better video", or some bullshit like that.

But good news!  We can pay $20 to continue to use it the rest of the year, and only $40 next year!  YAY!

Fucking cocksuckers.  I switched EVERYTHING to that email address.  I don't mind paying, but just don't tell me that it's included with the subscription and than ask me to pay more so that I can continue to use it.  

Unbelievable.  

First he cancels the Wilkow show and Real News without any notice whatsoever, and now he pulls the email service out from under us after going on and on about how it was included in the yearly subscription.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:25:53 AM EDT
[#1]
real men have their own domain name and exchange.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:25:58 AM EDT
[#2]
You Glen Beck'd
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I am a technology caveman (for the most part).

Very simply, without taking a bunch of your time, how would I go about setting this up?

Edit:  I already own a website (myname.com) through GoDaddy.  Could I set something up through that?

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:27:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Apparently The Blaze is cancelling their email program, "so that they can concentrate on providing better video", or some bullshit like that.

But good news!  We can pay $20 to continue to use it the rest of the year, and only $60 next year!  YAY!

Fucking cocksuckers.  I switched EVERYTHING to that email address.  I don't mind paying, but just don't tell me that it's included with the subscription and than ask me to pay more so that I can continue to use it.  

Unbelievable.  
View Quote

What?  1791.com hawks chick jeans.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:28:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Apparently The Blaze is cancelling their email program
View Quote

that's all i needed to read.  best of luck to you.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#6]
lol, Gmail is still free.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I've had two email servers do this to me.

Fuck that shit. One went to $60 a year, and one wanted $6 a month or something.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:33:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

"Free."

Fuck Google.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:35:23 AM EDT
[#9]
What they meant to say is that they couldn't figure out a way to monetize your email contents, so they're closing it down

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:36:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

What they meant to say is that they couldn't figure out a way to monetize your email contents, so they're closing it down

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote
Bingo!

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:37:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

"Free."

Fuck Google.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Free."

Fuck Google.

ProtonMail is free.  And encrypted.  And servers are physically stored in Switzerland.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#12]
You switched everything over to an email service operated by The Blaze?

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:50:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

ProtonMail is free.  And encrypted.  And servers are physically stored in Switzerland.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Free."

Fuck Google.

Is it legit? I see it's still in the beta stage and it takes a few weeks to actually get it up going.

To set up an account, go to ProtonMail's main webpage and click on "Create Account."  You will be prompted to check availability for your desired user name and to enter a current email address for notification. ProtonMail is in beta and they are adding new users gradually over time.  You'll likely be waiting a number of weeks to proceed past this point.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#14]
lol..I knew from the start it was going to be a gaggle and a money grab.

Should have bought gold from goldline instead.

Sorry, OP.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:54:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Free."

Fuck Google.

Great, thanks.

I signed myself up for an invitation.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:55:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Youdontsay.gif

Use a damn reputable email service. Sure some may sell or use your info but let's be real if you have any sort of social media or have ever bought anything online your info is already out there.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:59:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

lol..I knew from the start it was going to be a gaggle and a money grab.

Should have bought gold from goldline instead.

Sorry, OP.

View Quote

I used to just pay to watch the GB show, but I signed up for the yearly account when he offered the email a year ago or so.

I like the service, and I don't mind paying for email that isn't Google or Microsoft - just don't pull the rug out from under me after I've spent hours switching everything over to that specific address.

I recently discovered that I can listen to just about everything I want via podcast, so now that he's turned tail on the email service, I have no reason to be a paid member any longer.

I'll make sure they know that when I cancel later on today.  

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#18]
You got   BLAZED
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

But good news!  We can pay $20 to continue to use it the rest of the year, and only $60 next year!  YAY!

Unbelievable.  
View Quote
Rant 0-10. Not enough beck style crying.  

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Great, thanks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Free."

Fuck Google.

Great, thanks.

I did too.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm not opposed to continuing to pay for my 1791.com email address, provided I am satisfied that the new 1791.com email service provider has no affiliation with The Blaze or Glenn Beck.

I am absolutely done giving that fucking asshole Beck any money.

First he fired Wilkow and cancelled the show without any notice, and than he did the same to Real News.  Now he's cancelled the email service after making a huge deal about how private and secure it was going to be.

What's funny is that I actually got an email from them about a month ago saying that they had shut down the email service - effective immediately - and I sent an email in voicing my displeasure at how this was being handled.  They replied back and said that (paraphrasing) nothing was wrong and that the email I received was sent in error.  

Bullshit.  Here we are a month later and it's now being cancelled after I specifically signed up just so that I could access the email service, and now I either need to pay an addition fee to continue to use the service, or find another email service and switch everything over.

Fuck Glenn Beck.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Is it legit? I see it's still in the beta stage and it takes a few weeks to actually get it up going.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Free."

Fuck Google.

To set up an account, go to ProtonMail's main webpage and click on "Create Account."  You will be prompted to check availability for your desired user name and to enter a current email address for notification. ProtonMail is in beta and they are adding new users gradually over time.  You'll likely be waiting a number of weeks to proceed past this point.

Yup, it's legit.  The initial release took a few months to process requests because they were inundated with people signing up.  They're adding servers much faster now - I think it's about a 2-week turnaround.  I'm slowly migrating all my accounts to them.  I have two active so far.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:10:50 PM EDT
[#23]
In the same boat as OP. Not happy.

ETA: let's turn this into an email thread. Suggest me some emails to flip to that are trustwortjy. Should I use my isp email? Any other good paid enails? Fuck google, yahoo, and Microsoft.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Yup, it's legit.  The initial release took a few months to process requests because they were inundated with people signing up.  They're adding servers much faster now - I think it's about a 2-week turnaround.  I'm slowly migrating all my accounts to them.  I have two active so far.
View Quote

Are you forwarding all your old emails to the new one?
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:16:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

And Hillery is proof.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:17:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No, there's really nothing I care to keep that I haven't saved locally as a text file.

I'm also using it as an opportunity to weed out people I don't want to hear from anymore .  All the annoying relatives and only-when-they-need-a-favor friends can keep sending things to Yahoo.  I'll check in once a month or so.  Folks I actually keep in touch with will get the PM account.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:18:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Should I use my isp email?
View Quote

no.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:19:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

But good news!  We can pay $20 to continue to use it the rest of the year, and only $40 next year!  YAY!

Unbelievable.  

First he cancels the Wilkow show and Real News without any notice whatsoever, and now he pulls the email service out from under us after going on and on about how it was included in the yearly subscription.

View Quote

Don't forget Cain & Cupp
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Unbelievable.  

View Quote

You got huckstered by a huckster?

Unbelievable!  

Didn't one of the Reagan kids have an email service for a while?  You could try that to stick it to the man...
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:23:53 PM EDT
[#30]
At this time Protonmail does not integrate with third party email clients on iOS due to the technology ProtonMail utilizes within web browsers to encrypt and decrypt your messages. We apologize for the inconvenience.
View Quote

So does this mean it won't work on an iphone the same way you can set up a gmail account or you can't view proton mail in safari?
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:23:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Don't you even Hillary Clinton, bro??!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:25:23 PM EDT
[#32]
You could just upgrade to a gold membership and use the arfcom email.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:26:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

So does this mean it won't work on an iphone the same way you can set up a gmail account or you can't view proton mail in safari?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
At this time Protonmail does not integrate with third party email clients on iOS due to the technology ProtonMail utilizes within web browsers to encrypt and decrypt your messages. We apologize for the inconvenience.

That one, unfortunately, I do not know.  I don't have an iPhone so I can't verify it.  I've got Safari on a Mac here at work and can try to log in there but I don't know if that's the same (pretty Mac-ignorant).
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:27:13 PM EDT
[#34]
sucker born every minute
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:29:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

should work in safari.  will not work in the ios "Mail" app.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:30:40 PM EDT
[#36]
If you asked me, I would have told you not to do this.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:31:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Remind me again how beck isn't a carnival barker?
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:33:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Guess there's always the @hoser.com domain?

OMG.  Hyperventilating.  Didn't think that domain would be legit.

http://www.hoser.com/
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ok thanks.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Buy a domain for about 10 bucks a year.  Then you can make your email address [email protected].   Setting up your own mail server doesn't sound like it would be your cup of tea.  Just host the site at some large company like 1&1 and VOILA!... email.

Add it to outlook, check their web based email, add it to your ipad/phone, or check through web2mail.com.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:53:49 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm really confused here -- www.1791.com is for a denim company.  What does this have to do with Glen Beck's email service?
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:56:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Fuck google, yahoo, and Microsoft.
View Quote

Yes, these big companies scan your email and provide relevant ads.  Or setup appointments on your calender.  Or add contacts to your address book.  All of this is automated, not viewed by a human being.  And they are up front about it.

Find any small company you want to host your email from you.  Keep in mind that all of it travels and is stored somewhere as plain text; there is no such thing as "secure email" unless you are encrypting and decrypting it locally (on your email reading device).

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yes, these big companies scan your email and provide relevant ads.  Or setup appointments on your calender.  Or add contacts to your address book.  All of this is automated, not viewed by a human being.  And they are up front about it.

Find any small company you want to host your email from you.  Keep in mind that all of it travels and is stored somewhere as plain text; there is no such thing as "secure email" unless you are encrypting and decrypting it locally (on your email reading device).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck google, yahoo, and Microsoft.

that and you don't ever send any email
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:10:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Glenn beck. Lol

Should have gotten a Ron Paul email address too
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:15:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm really confused here -- www.1791.com is for a denim company.  What does this have to do with Glen Beck's email service?
View Quote

It's his denim company.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Remind me again how beck isn't a carnival barker?
View Quote

His charade is coming to an end IMO.

Also, have you ever seen the amount of datamining/tracking that his website does?

"Mr Internet privacy" has more trackers on his website then most porn sites, I would imagine his email service was equally as secure.

My bet is he is looking for one more big score before he pulls a Dave Chapelle and drops off the face of the planet.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:19:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Glenn beck. Lol

Should have gotten a Ron Paul email address too
View Quote

You've been able to get a reagan.com email address for a while, too. Same deal - you pay for it, but it's ad-free.

And I'd still tell you "Yeah...don't", if you asked.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Edit:  I already own a website (myname.com) through GoDaddy.  Could I set something up through that?

View Quote

If you plan on keeping that domain for any length of time, just switch over to email hosted by them. Probably around $5 a month.

Or switch to gmail or microsoft. Others come and go.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:24:59 PM EDT
[#50]
lol

Glenn Beck branded shit?

lol

So are OP's tears as "real" as Beck's?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top