Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2016 10:02:02 AM EST
I'm 52, 266 pounds and 6 foot tall. Yes I am out of shape and over weight. Trying to begin to work on that. Take a couple meds for BP. I realize the meds might do it as well as some foods. Crappy diet can cause all kinds of things. But when it is real hot and humid out I stay drenched in sweat. Anyone else and what have you done or changed that has helped you. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:09:59 AM EST
I'm six foot, 55 years, 205 pounds, and in fairly good shape. I sweat a lot and always have.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:11:00 AM EST
My feet sweat a lot. Drives me nuts sometimes.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:11:40 AM EST
Marco Rubio?
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:12:43 AM EST
If you are sweating in your sleep it could be Diabetes.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:16:41 AM EST
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:17:58 AM EST
Not sweating in my sleep just MORE sweat than is normal for my exertion. I see other guys around me with sweaty faces maybe arounf the neck of their shirt and underarms. My shirt is absolutely wringing wet completely!
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:18:39 AM EST
I sweat buckets at the drop of a hat.

I stay indoors.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:19:26 AM EST
One word. Drysol.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:22:26 AM EST
No. I only sweat when doing something very strenuous for long periods of time. Time to drop a bunch of weight man. Your body is trying to tell you something is wrong.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:24:48 AM EST
I don't sweat much. I'm thin.

Probably is your weight. You're working on that, so you'll be able to test this theory by comparing current sweat levels with post-weight loss sweat levels.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:34:07 AM EST
If you're trying to get rid of pit sweat, there's a product called Maxim you can buy on Amazon that you put on before you go to bed. It will make you want to claw your armpits out after a few minutes, but if you can resist that it works like magic.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:35:31 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By needmorebacon:
One word. Drysol.
View Quote
What is this? (I will google). I have never heard of this. I do not sweat a lot at all, but I do know this.

If you do sweat, not much will make you smell worse than drinking coffe.. It seems to
sweat out of the body with that nasty BO stench.

Fact (at least for me).

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:36:09 AM EST
This mostly happens with obese people and Rubio.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:36:30 AM EST
Could be the meds for all I know, but the extra insulation you're carrying around isn't helping.

When I was 50 pounds over my normal weight, I did the South Beach diet and started exercising again. I took me a year, but I got rid of the extra weight and felt a lot better.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:36:42 AM EST
I'm in the same boat. When I'm skinny or when I'm carrying a few extra pounds it's the same.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:36:47 AM EST
I don't perspire.
I don't sweat.
I frigging leak water.
When I worked out, I carried 3 Tshirts + towels with me to keep changed into a somewhat of a dry state.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:36:49 AM EST
Ya but I'm in Florida.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:37:25 AM EST
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:
No. I only sweat when doing something very strenuous for long periods of time. Time to drop a bunch of weight man. Your body is trying to tell you something is wrong.
View Quote

I dunno man, I am 6'2" and about 193 currently and I sweat like a whore in church.

Not saying he doesn't need to drop some weight, he does and it may well help with the sweating but some people just seem to sweat a lot.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:39:08 AM EST
You have diabetes! I'm not kidding . Insulin regulates your body temperature. You will run a few degrees cooler in body temp but sweat your balls off especially at night. Go get an A1C test asap.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:41:06 AM EST
Originally Posted By jmftexas:

I dunno man, I am 6'2" and about 193 currently and I sweat like a whore in church.

Not saying he doesn't need to drop some weight, he does and it may well help with the sweating but some people just seem to sweat a lot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I get that. But OP is 80 lbs heavier than you. I bet it helps. Maybe I'll just say get rid of the weight whether it stops the sweating or not.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:42:25 AM EST

I get that. But OP is 80 lbs heavier than you. I bet it helps. Maybe I'll just say get rid of the weight whether it stops the sweating or not.
View All Quotes

Agreed 100%

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:42:37 AM EST
I sweat a lot. I have ever since I was about 12.

My pits are constantly sweaty and I often sweet down my chest/stomach and back when exerting myself a little bit or in a stressful situation. I also get swamp ass a lot. My bald spot on my head will sweat when I eat spicy foods.

I'm overweight, balding, hairy like an ape, and I sweat profusely. No wonder I'm single, lol.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:42:49 AM EST
I used to have the issue, sweated through everything I owned, ruined shirts in one wearing kinda sweat.....

One day I said screw it and figured I would switch to just deodorant instead of antiperspirant, figured it would save my shirts from getting destroyed with sweat rings.

It was like magic, when I quit using antiperspirant I quit sweating. Not sure what the correlation is but I never looked back.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:43:27 AM EST
Originally Posted By TheCreep:
What is this? (I will google). I have never heard of this.I do not sweat a lot at all, but I do know this.

If you do sweat, not much will make you smell worse than drinking coffe.. It seems to

Fact (at least for me).

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheCreep:
Originally Posted By needmorebacon:
One word. Drysol.
What is this? (I will google). I have never heard of this.I do not sweat a lot at all, but I do know this.

Fact (at least for me).

Aluminum Chloride. You use it before sleep in the areas you sweat. It works.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:48:00 AM EST
Yes I will be working to drop the weight. I've known for a long time its not good. Need to cut carbs, sugar, start walking my ass off literally! I'm tired of feeling like shit and sweating.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:49:44 AM EST
Originally Posted By Proto3:
My feet sweat a lot. Drives me nuts sometimes.
View Quote

My solution is sandals, for as long as possible.

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:50:36 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/26/2016 10:50:46 AM EST by Black-Tiger]

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:50:45 AM EST
I'm in my 20s 6 foot 4 or 5 depending on the day and around 240 lbs. I sweat profusely and always have eventhough im in pretty good shape, something you get used to and adapt to over time
I always have a wash cloth to wipe away perspiration in my suit jackets
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:51:43 AM EST
Originally Posted By supermo:
Yes I will be working to drop the weight. I've known for a long time its not good. Need to cut carbs, sugar, start walking my ass off literally! I'm tired of feeling like shit and sweating.
View Quote

Go hang out in the Self Defence and Fitness forum. There are a bunch of guys in there working on dropping weight.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:53:57 AM EST
Originally Posted By BigMan74:
I'm in my 20s 6 foot 4 or 5 depending on the day and around 240 lbs. I sweat profusely and always have eventhough im in pretty good shape, something you get used to and adapt to over time
I always have a wash cloth to wipe away perspiration in my suit jackets
View Quote

Body fat %? 6'4 and 240lbs isn't what I'd call pretty good shape unless you're mostly muscle.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:57:36 AM EST
I'm a fatty now, but when I was in high school and playing soccer everyday, in the best shape of my life, I sweat my balls off! Even when it got near the end of the season and it was in the forties I would still be drenched, been like that my whole life.

I do run hot too, as in my normal temperature is closer to 99.7-100 most of the time. It's just how I operate, chicks dig it though because I'm always warm.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:03:34 AM EST
View Quote

Not always. People sweat at different rates. I sweat heavily. I remember in basic training being asked by a Colonel if I was OK during an inspection because I was soaking my BDUs while others weren't.

When I am hiking in warm weather (over 50 degrees F) I can judge my exertion by how many drops of sweat per minute drip off the brim of my cap.

Even in a cool operating room you'll find some surgeons who sweat like crazy, and some who don't.

I wouldn't be too concerned unless it represents a significant change.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:09:00 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/26/2016 11:11:43 AM EST by gODZOOKIE]
I get it from dad..... I sweat a lot

I'm in shape and within my BMI but as soon as it hits the mid 70's outside, I'm dripping wet
Gold Bond powder is my friend

That's partly the reason I'm more a cold weather guy. I loathe those humid 90 degree months
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:10:52 AM EST

I sweat a lot, mainly from the head and neck area

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:15:10 AM EST
Yes, profusely.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:16:37 AM EST
I don't seat much at all even when running...
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:17:42 AM EST
Only when I'm holding a fart in while in public.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:19:25 AM EST
I'm 6' and in good shape 185-200 throughout my adult life . My face has sweated my entire life . Especially eyebrows , forehead & upper lip .
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:20:20 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/26/2016 11:23:37 AM EST by blueheeler66]
Where I live humid is the norm.
I work in close proximity to equipment that is 200'F-500'F regularly and it's not uncommon to end up walking over 6 miles in a 12 hour shift.
I sweat like a horse.
In the late spring/early summer it's not uncommon to be soaking wet within an hour of being at work.
You might try to wear something like UrderArmor HeatGear (probably the loose fit shirts/underwear).
I'm using some Patagonia synthetic tee-shirts under the Nomex (which is hot in the summer and cold in the winter) and while I'm still wet, it seems to pull a lot of the moisture away from the skin.
Mainly I just embrace the suck, and drink lots of water.
I understand the Wally World carries a generic version of Under Armor gear.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:21:33 AM EST
Like a black man writing a check
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:24:49 AM EST
My buddy used to soak shirts. He was skinny too. Started using these, no more problem http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002PQ8BQM/ref=pd_aw_sim_194_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=51gLEf18gtL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL100_SR100%2C100_&refRID=1S629N1N7PN2FPKW4AMG

It was pretty crazy
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:30:09 AM EST
I don't sweat much even when I am doing an intense workout, but the damn palms of my hands are sweaty almost the entire day at the office. I leave sweat pools on the table if my hands are resting there, my mouse is wet, keyboard can get wet, etc.

Might be caffeine/stress related I suppose.

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:33:30 AM EST
I only sweat alot when I have to wait in line at Golden Corral and there's a crowd around the cheese fountain. I smell the cheese, I see the melted cheese, but I can't reach the fuckin cheese, it makes me real sweaty. Almost as sweaty as I get when me and my 400lbs life partner bump uglies.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:43:25 AM EST
Originally Posted By Ben_Shockley:
Marco Rubio?
View Quote

...came here to post this
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:49:12 AM EST
I was on blood pressure meds for a bit and they made me sweat more than I normally would.

Once I stopped taking the pills I went back to normal.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:01:50 PM EST
Any extra weight you have makes your body work more that = more sweat.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:02:28 PM EST
I moved to CO.

Hardly sweat at all now.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:03:13 PM EST
sometimes.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:13:11 PM EST
I am 5' 11" at 185 and 59 years old.
I consider myself to be in pretty good shape.

When I ride my bike I sweat like a pig in a butcher shop.
I always have but I don't know why.

I have read up on it and they only think I found was a vitamin D deficiency.
I am in the sun quite a bit and I drink milk upon occasion so it ain't that.

I got nothing other than this OP.
Top Top