BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 9:08:39 PM EDT
I have a bid on one at EBAY.

Not this one...

I had so much fun with these.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:10:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I loved those. I actiually saw them in Target not too long ago, might have been a different name though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#2]
i found out at summer camp they even drove under water, i dont know how bad it hurt their life span i lost them in about 2 weeks as a kid
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I miss the ones you got in the McD's happy meals
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#4]
my brother and I used to build pull sleds out of legos for them.
I had 3 or 4 of them back in the day,but they didn't last going down the stairs too many times..
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#5]
We used to have organized "Stomper Pulls" in junior high, with a mini weight sled etc. for our intramural activities. I had a whole stable of modified ones. I still have some stuff laying around, but none of them work anymore, unfortunately. Burned all the motors up.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I LOVED those things growing up!

I still keep an eye out for them, hoping to find them at the store one fine day...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:30:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I remember those too..
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn, I had forgotten about them.  I had two.  I did the water drive thing with one of them, and about a week later it was dead.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:31:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Stompers Info

I still have a couple in a box somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I liked the "rough riders" too
they were the kinda lower rent version

link
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:37:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Damn, I had forgotten about them.  I had two.  I did the water drive thing with one of them, and about a week later it was dead.  

yeah the big tire floating ones
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I think I started thread on this a year or so ago.

I had 3 or 4 of them, iirc. It was cool because you could put the battery in backwards and it would go in reverse.

Do they make stomper sized trucks that are remote controlled? Now that would be cool.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:44:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Do they make stomper sized trucks that are remote controlled? Now that would be cool.

Actually even smaller than Stompers
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I think I started thread on this a year or so ago.

I had 3 or 4 of them, iirc. It was cool because you could put the battery in backwards and it would go in reverse.

yep
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I was about 7 when they were giving those out- I still have a few.
My favorite was the orange and yellow Jeep CJ. Its on my desk at home, safely out of harms way.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, but I don't want one that small.

Stompers were the perfect 'mini' sized trucks.

Ah, the hours spend building ramps with books and boards and God knows what else.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I still have one, I think. I liked running them in the snow.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#18]
it was amazing the amount of torque they had
I wonder what they gear ratio was 100to1?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:01:44 PM EDT
[#19]
One year for Christmas myself, my brother and two cousins all got stompers. Well someone decided to run it over their head promptly getting it stuck in their hair. Pretty soon all four of us had one entwined in our hair. Our parents were none to happy and began trying to remove them without much luck. Out came the scissors and they got halfway through us when someone discovered the battery backwards trick.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:03:28 PM EDT
[#20]
this was the one I had I liked the best:
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:03:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Are these the trucks that you push real fast on the floor and they keep going? Those things kicked so much ass! I think I still have one alteast somewhere. Those things climbed anything
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:04:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, but I don't want one that small.

Stompers were the perfect 'mini' sized trucks.

Ah, the hours spend building ramps with books and boards and God knows what else.

Both by Kyosho

For size reference
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I had a van body for mine that I could fit in a 9-volt. without it being seen.  Pops soldered in a 9-volt connector.  Talk about speed
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Are these the trucks that you push real fast on the floor and they keep going? Those things kicked so much ass! I think I still have one alteast somewhere. Those things climbed anything

No, they were (are) powered by a single AA battery. Just a simple on/off switch on the bottom.

IIRC there was also a general steering alignment lever for the front tires located on the bottom of the stomper - - although I may be mixing it up with one of the remote control cars I had.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Oh ok, I still want one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:11:23 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been itching to buy a remote controlled desktop tank, which is stomper sized and powered by a CR123 battery.

ThinkGeek (see link above) doesn't appear to have them now, I've emailed to see if they are d/c or if they will be back.

Jameco seems to have them.  Jameco is a good electronics supplier, I've bought from them before.

Jim
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:13:05 AM EDT
[#27]
I seem to recall some like this with swappable tires.  Hard rubber tires and soft foam tires for different terrain.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:16:34 AM EDT
[#28]
they came out a little too late for me but they were fun
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:20:37 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
IIRC there was also a general steering alignment lever for the front tires located on the bottom of the stomper - - although I may be mixing it up with one of the remote control cars I had.

Nope. The front wheels on the Stomper toys were set to go dead ahead. Not necessarily aligned in any way, but they had no steering mechanisms.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:28:45 AM EDT
[#30]
damn, those were awfully cool.  i played with those a lot, but never modded them.  maybe i was too young in the 80's lol.

i had the black chevy van stomper 2, i think the stomper 1 eagle car, and some truck (don't remember which one).

those were so cool.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:06:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Stompers ate batteries. I remember they would drain an AA battery in like 25 minutes......
~
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:26:21 AM EDT
[#32]
I had about a dozen of those..  most don't work now,  but I dug them out over the summer so I err I meen my boy could play with them
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:39:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Had a few back then also.  Favorites were the Suburu Brat, VW Baja bug & Jeep Honcho truck.
Killed most by "off roading" them down stairs, off the coffee table & other general abuse.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:16:55 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Those are the only ones that I ever had, I liked those.

Quoted:

IIRC those were the ones from the McDonalds happy meals.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:31:45 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Oh ok, I still want one.

OH NO!!!

I hope I dint create a run on these this at Ebay.

I remember buying my first one.  I as a little kid had no money so I had to put it on layaway.  That was the longest 2 weeks or so.  What did they cost back in the 80's like $10.00?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I seem to recall some like this with swappable tires.  Hard rubber tires and soft foam tires for different terrain.

Yep. I still have my Bronco, and the outdoor tires
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#37]
I found some of mine in a box in my basement a few months ago.

I put batteries in them and gave them to my son to play with and they worked like new.

I even found a Kenworth.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:17:54 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

The first pair I had were like that. They had a saw tooth patter and indoor foam tires and outdoor rubber tires. We used the rubber tires all the time. The only reason for the difference that I can think of would be that the foam tires would've been non marking. Can't piss mom off by getting black marks all over the floor.

Later models had larger rubber tires with air gaps. Like a recoil pad.

I used to have a Stomper Pinzy.
And I had a sweet pick-em up truck with a PTO, winch and the bed cover could be swapped between a camper shell and a roll bar with tonneu cover.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh ok, I still want one.

OH NO!!!

I hope I dint create a run on these this at Ebay.

I remember buying my first one.  I as a little kid had no money so I had to put it on layaway.  That was the longest 2 weeks or so.  What did they cost back in the 80's like $10.00?

I don't even think they were that much  $7 seems to stick in my mind and i bought a ton of those with my allowance
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top