Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/3/2015 11:28:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2015 11:30:16 PM EDT by PA452]
Recently I somehow came across a Youtube clip of an episode. Ended up going back on History Channel's website and watching a couple seasons.

I thought it was a great show, very entertaining, that for the most part showed the shooting sports in a good light. And despite what everyone thought about the drama, it kept people tuned in who otherwise probably wouldn't have.

ETA: Now with moar poll.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:29:56 PM EDT
I loved that show

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:31:20 PM EDT
It was one of the few shows involving shooting that my wife actually LIKED.

Except when douchebag contestants tried psychologically "gaming" the other competitors.  That pissed her off.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:31:23 PM EDT
I loved the shooting segments, but the drama was lame.

Plus here was always that one douche that would make it painful to watch.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:34:23 PM EDT
Loved that show, but some of the "antics" were a bit hard to watch, even accepting that it was reality TV.

The tall dude-Greg, I believe-that always, always, said, "mornin, Colb', like they'd been working together for years at the same truck stop was fucking hilarious though.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:35:17 PM EDT
It was fun for the most part.  I would have loved to shoot those guns and perform those challenges.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:38:26 PM EDT
Only season I really didn't like was Season 2. There was a whole pile of douches in that season, very unsportsmanlike.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:39:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2015 11:41:20 PM EDT by ch3no2]
I couldn't get through one episode.
All the drama/theatrics really turned me off

If it was wind reading, ballistics, and trigonometry I'd have loved it
That content probably wouldn't get very high ratings however
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:40:07 PM EDT
Season 2.  

Ran into Brian Zins at Youngstown Rifle and Pistol Club a year or two ago.  Very cool individual, no ego.......heck there were a lot of really cool people on all the seasons.

Wife even watched it, and that's saying a lot!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:41:04 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By adavis:
Loved that show, but some of the "antics" were a bit hard to watch, even accepting that it was reality TV.

The tall dude-Greg, I believe-that always, always, said, "mornin, Colb', like they'd been working together for years at the same truck stop was fucking hilarious though.
View Quote

I couldn't stand him in general, but his antics made for some decent entertainment.

One of my favorite moments was the pirate ship challenge with the flintlock pistol.

Augie: "While Littlejohn was up there, I left, had a steak dinner, came back and he was still up there holding that weapon in the air. At this point, I don't know what's going on, it was crazy..."
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:44:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Houseofmoto:
Season 2.  

Ran into Brian Zins at Youngstown Rifle and Pistol Club a year or two ago.  Very cool individual, no ego.......heck there were a lot of really cool people on all the seasons.

Wife even watched it, and that's saying a lot!
View Quote

Zins gets good reviews from people. I don't remember the specifics, but I remember him taking part in some very unsportsmanlike antics in Season 2 though.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:46:24 PM EDT
Thought it was kind of dumb.  History, Discovery, and NatGeo have made shows so basic I can't take watching much of them anymore.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:48:28 PM EDT
I enjoyed the show.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:49:24 PM EDT
They should have made

Celebrity Top Shot and Top Shot: Average Joes.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:51:34 PM EDT
I found a couple seasons at a yard sale.  I'll watch eventually.  Kind of turned off by the news that it was rigged.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:55:00 PM EDT
Never cared much for the show. The whole phony John Wayne accent thing was a deal breaker.   The shooting was interesting, but a lot of derp too - IIRC they were given guns without opportunity to sight them in, brief familiarity training with the design, but not much chance to to understand the platform.  

Good that someone tried to show competitive shooting in a format that was more exciting than watching paint dry or grass grow. But, a little on the melodramatic side for my tastes.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:56:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Mopseydocks6014:
I found a couple seasons at a yard sale.  I'll watch eventually. Kind of turned off by the news that it was rigged.
View Quote

Hadn't heard that claim.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:24:01 AM EDT
morning bump
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:27:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2015 7:27:45 AM EDT by pale_pony]
Meh...I always thought the show came off more like a dick measuring contest...thanks mostly to the ass hole participants.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:27:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AssaultRifler:

I loved that show

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:31:03 AM EDT
Loved it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:32:38 AM EDT
It was good, but for my daughter, it was GREAT! She is 12 now, but she became interested in it in season 2 and we watched every episode together.

Then she wanted the DVD set. I think she memorized the whole thing. She came to love shooting and every night we say good night with a hi five.. "Shooting is Awesome!!"

So, yeah, I miss it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:38:52 AM EDT
So is top shot ever coming back?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:44:16 AM EDT
It is a shame political anti gun pressure killed the show (this is an assumption on my part, could have just been ratings and money).

My daughters and I really enjoyed it.  We liked the all star season the best.  No interpersonal BS, just a bunch of buddies trying to out shoot each other.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:00:13 AM EDT
I enjoyed all the seasons but really hated when one of the seasons' casts did their best to make it a military -only competition. That bugged me.

Other than that - and the same season IIRC had a guy deliberately tank a shot so another guy everyone liked would end up winning - it was a real fun show.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:24:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By macman37:
I enjoyed all the seasons but really hated when one of the seasons' casts did their best to make it a military -only competition. That bugged me.

Other than that - and the same season IIRC had a guy deliberately tank a shot so another guy everyone liked would end up winning - it was a real fun show.
View Quote

Agreed, that was Season 2.

I'm still not 100% convinced he entirely threw that shot on purpose. If you want to throw a shot you don't come that close to hitting it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:26:08 AM EDT
Peter Palma is hilarious.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:26:36 AM EDT
I liked it and would like to see new shows.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:27:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:28:23 AM EDT
I didn't care for the drama but I enjoyed the shooting portions.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:29:06 AM EDT
I used to record it so I could skip through everything but the actual challenges.

That made it watchable.

Mostly.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:30:21 AM EDT
I enjoyed it, but it was starting to getting repetitive as far as the challenges and firearms used.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:32:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:41:54 AM EDT
I enjoyed watching the show and wish they'd bring it back.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:45:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2015 9:50:36 AM EDT by SS109]
Originally Posted By KBaker:
It was one of the few shows involving shooting that my wife actually LIKED.

Except when douchebag contestants tried psychologically "gaming" the other competitors.  That pissed her off.
View Quote

Yep, my wife liked it as much as I did, she wanted to buy those exploding plates.

I still follow some of the shooters on Facebook like Gabby and Dustin.

Sometimes the wife did have to mute Colby's comments during the shooting competitions.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:48:03 AM EDT
I miss that show. However I was starting to wonder if they were running out of ideas for challenges.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:58:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2015 9:59:20 AM EDT by basp2005]
Would have made a fantastic YouTube series, as a purely shooting show, no drama, cut the worst shooter.

I would fast forward through most of it, whole show could have been 15 min.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:58:21 AM EDT
I enjoyed it.  My co-worker and I would discuss it the day after.  He's not a big gun person but he's not anti-gun, either.  So he would ask a bunch of questions about the guns they shot and the courses of fire.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:08:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By PA452:
Only season I really didn't like was Season 2. There was a whole pile of douches in that season, very unsportsmanlike.
View Quote

Which one was season 2?

With the AFCC guy, the AF security forces "Sniper" and the Navy SAR swimmer?

Which season was Jake the pussy SEAL in?

It was a fun show but I cut my Direct TV back on the All Stars season and didn't watch that one. It was a fun show.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:10:45 AM EDT
I thought it was a pretty good show and I HATE reality shows. I only watched for the shooting, read the news or anything else during the "drama" parts. What about the one show that they had to throw rocks to hit the target? Um...What?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:30:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2015 10:31:11 AM EDT by EBR666]
It was basically an old survivor show.  Not a top shot show.  The show should have been an elimination type show where all would shoot a course of fire with the lowest getting kicked off.

But that being said I enjoyed the shooting part and not the drama part.

EBR666
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:31:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By BillyDoubleU:

Which one was season 2?

It was a fun show but I cut my Direct TV back on the All Stars season and didn't watch that one. It was a fun show.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BillyDoubleU:
Originally Posted By PA452:

Which one was season 2?

Yep, that was Season 2. That was also the one where they were trying to get rid of anyone who wasn't military.

Jake the pussy was in Season 3.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:34:21 AM EDT
I liked the general concept of the show, but I didn't like the "survivor" aspect of it with the who gets voted off  part at the end, even if determined by points.  Having everyone sit in a circle and complain was irritating to watch.
I mostly couldn't stand the host for all his screaming like he's calling a horse race.  That made it unwatchable to me.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:35:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:39:43 AM EDT
I liked it.

Not sure which season I liked better though.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:41:53 AM EDT
I wish they'd bring it back, but without any retarded drama. That part really turned me off.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:46:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:47:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Deadmeat3344:

Peter Palma is hilarious.
View Quote
He was. His Captain America pants were funny.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:50:45 AM EDT
That was a great show for the DVR. Fast forward through everything but the shooting. Lasts about 20 minutes that way.

Fuck all the manufactured drama bs.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:53:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Mopseydocks6014:
I found a couple seasons at a yard sale.  I'll watch eventually.  Kind of turned off by the news that it was rigged.
View Quote

Wait what...rigged.....

I've never heard this claim.....
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:53:19 AM EDT
Even my "morally opposed to guns" mom liked that show.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top