Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2003 5:55:51 PM EDT
The neighborhood lit up tonight, and for th 11th year running, I realized that I live next door to Griswold.

For the 11th year running, I prayed that some airliner headed to PGH doesn't get blown off course and land in my back yard.

10 years ago, I bought blackout curtains for the west side of the house, so I really don't care. But still, it's enough to drive you nuttier than a cukoo clock factory at midnight!
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I am the Griswalds, so bite me, ya Grinch. LoL.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#2]
90% of the people in my neighborhood don't put out the flag when they should, let alone Christmas lights. These friggin' killjoys have no spirit at all.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:13:57 PM EDT
[#3]
need some pics to see if they are tge Griswold
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#4]
My wife has this place pulling enough watts to tax the Hoover dam.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The neighborhood lit up tonight, and for th 11th year running, I realized that I live next door to Griswold.

For the 11th year running, I prayed that some airliner headed to PGH doesn't get blown off course and land in my back yard.

10 years ago, I bought blackout curtains for the west side of the house, so I really don't care. [blue]But still, it's enough to drive you nuttier than a cukoo clock factory at midnight![/blue]
View Quote

We have finally found the true reason behind [b]piccolo's[/b] level of sanity...have you chased this particular neighbor with the chainsaw?[:D]

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Just go down the street and tell the psycho chainsaw bitch that they insulted her!
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw a light display last night that trumped any of Griswold's efforts.

My friend (an electrician) took myself and our wives to this residential area in a neighboring town. I cannot begin to describe the display, other than to say there were a lot of animations, including a full size piper cub suspended over a runway. The owners had two donation boxes posted out front to help pay the electric bill. A barn would not store all the stuff these people had on display.

We discussed it and decided the owner had a completely seperate service (a second one) installed on the property, and a 200 amp panel was probably fully taxed by the lights he was running.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:28:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Female version across the street.

Have to wear a welding helmet to look out the front window at night.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:29:46 PM EDT
[#9]
my neighbor is the redneck griswald, i helped him weld a rebar archway all the way down his sidewalk so people could walk under lights, used the crane on his truck to make a christmas tree out of lights, etc............
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#10]
My neighbors make up for their lack of creative holiday lighting by leaving their simple xmas lights up till June.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:06:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just go down the street and tell the psycho chainsaw bitch that they insulted her!
View Quote

First of all, the chainsaw lady is good people, she just borrowed my chainsaw once for good reason.

second, Griswold is Neighbor Bob whom I could foggive for a lot. It's just this 2 weeks/yr that drives me nuts. The remaining 50 weeks Bob is the best neighbor in the world.

Still, for 2 weeks/ year I come close to turning myself in to the Booby Hatch.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:28:35 AM EDT
[#12]
We have a lady in our subdivision who lights her house up for EVERY holiday with lights.
Orange ones for Halloween and Thanksgiving, White ones for Christmas, Colored ones for Easter, red white and blue ones for Labor day, Indepenence day and Memorial day.

I'm not talking just a few lights...I talking the full nine yards. Litteraly thousands of lights on her house, her trees, her bushes. She has those ugly plastic snowmen, Santas, Easter bunny, and pumpkin lawn ornaments...they have a three car garage, and the third bay is shelf after shelf of these things.

I don't know her name...I just call her "the crazy lady" and people know who I am talking about.

I'll see if I can snag a digital camera from work and take a picture of her house.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My neighbors make up for their lack of creative holiday lighting by leaving their simple xmas lights up till June.
View Quote

Even though I'm a total scrooge when it comes to Christmas I've thought about doing the year round Christmas lights just for the neighborhood annoyance factor.....[}:D]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I could tell the Christmas season was officially upon us when my neighbor put an 8-foot tall Homer Simpson in a Santa costume in his front yard.

Who says Americans don't have culture?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#15]
"Holiday roooooooooooooooooad"
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:26:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Even though I'm a total scrooge when it comes to Christmas I've thought about doing the year round Christmas lights just for the neighborhood annoyance factor.....[}:D]
View Quote

lol...I said June cause I got drunk one night bbq'ing with some buddies, and executed a successful recon mission.

They ended up buying more lights though, we'll see what happens come spring, I may have to have another 'neighborhood improvement' party.[:D]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They ended up buying more lights though, we'll see what happens come spring, I may have to have another 'neighborhood improvement' party.[:D]
View Quote

Just replace a few bulbs with burnt out ones...or better yet, switch a couple to those "blinking" style bulbs...that should drive them nuts.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#18]
"It was an ugly tree anyway Gris."
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#19]
As Bart Simposon once said:  "It's craptacular."
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Just replace a few bulbs with burnt out ones...or better yet, switch a couple to those "blinking" style bulbs...that should drive them nuts.
View Quote

Yeah I wish, it'd drive ME nuts cause they wouldn't touch em, because it would involve effort.  It's hard enough to get them to mow the grass more than 3 times a year, much less take the xmas lights down.

No, I'm the regulator on my street.  These same folks stockpiled 41 bags of household trash outside for 4 months - after I spoke with the code enforcement the garbage disappeared.  They had a barking german shepard that had no attention and barked all day long.  One day he 'disappeared' and from what I'm told, lives happily with a guy down the street.  This past Thanksgiving morning they drove on my backyard once and did donuts.  I kicked open his kitchen door and passionately threatened his life.  His entire family came out that afternoon and fixed the damage while offering a variety of excuses.

These neighbors suck, they're trash, I hate them, they're too apathetic to hate me back.  I'll be moving in another year or two, when my equity is where I want it.  Till then...

I just tolerate a certain degree of bullshit and when it gets too much, I deal with it.  LEO's can't really do too much in situations like that.  But I can.[:D]

But anyway, the lights might have to come down!  Hell, they still have pumpkins on their porch from Halloween!  I love the winter up here though, especially when it snows and covers everything up.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 12:00:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Hokie,

They must be related to my old neighbors. The pumpkins would be nothing more than a stain on their porch in the spring time.
He came home one night and ran our fence post over...his quick attempt to fix it failed. His truck bore a new scratch that I was able to prove his guilt.

Fucking prick never apologized or anything. He just handed me 25.00 and didn't say a word.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 12:35:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

lol...I said June cause I got drunk one night bbq'ing with some buddies, and executed a successful recon mission.

View Quote

Then you probably don't want to hear of my ideas Re plastic pink flamingo lawn ornaments.......[;D]  There is a difference between purposely doing tacky things to drive the little old biddy up the street nuts & doing tacky things out of genuine lack of taste.  Maybe I should move next door to Raven [}:D]  I'm sure I could find a scooter.......  
My desire for obnoxious annoying neighbor behavior is counteracted by my desire to stay "below radar" so far.  The recent thread about the "Calvin & Hobbes" comic strip & the recent snowfall does give me some ideas for "neighborhood improvement"....but I'm a bit too old to be outside making snowmen.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:01:23 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll entertain your flamingo ideas...whatcha got?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Build a nice big snowman.  Mix some food color with water and give him some color.  Decorate him up so he looks kinda tacky (like the neighbors).  Build him out by the road.  Build him over a fire hydrant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top