Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 6:05:44 AM EST
I've tried and tried, I don't know how many times. I guess I lose my temper with it. I'm holding on the target, I'm at the top or bottom of the breath cycle, I shoot and miss. What am I doing wrong?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:47:42 AM EST
Took me awhile, the DEVs even admit the accuracy is a little off. In practice, find the spot on the target that makes em got down, sometimes its dead center, sometimes a little low left, just try different places in practice. Always use Ironsights. Shoot inbetween breathing, IMO after breathing out is better. I reccomend using a key on the keyboard for shoot/fire (Ctrl is default) so when you fire your mouse doesnt move. Set your resolution to 800x600. the higher the res, the smaller the targets are i believe. You gotta get 20/20 prone. 1 shot per target, if you miss, DONT fire again. 40 targets, 40 rounds. You can miss 4 targets and get it, 36/40. Hope that helped. Jus keep tryin.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:48:24 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/26/2004 8:51:01 AM EST by Bushrag]
Try using one hand to fire with the keyboard. I've gotten to the point where I can qualify expert on the first try. I use a trick that works every time when prone, seriously. Go prone and then wait for a target. When it pops up, place the reticle on the target. Then quickly zomm to ironsights and fire immediatley after. Works like a charm.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:33:08 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/26/2004 10:41:16 AM EST by USNvet]
What OD says is right. Aim just a little low and to the left for distant targets. Up close, aim for the heart! Back in the early days of AA (a couple years ago), the earliest releases of AA were a little easier to qualify with. The trick was to load one of the early versions, qualify with it and let it log on the server to save your score, then load the latest version. Don't know if the older versions will still save to the server, but worth checking into if you still can't get 36+!

In thinking back, there was only one version that was easier than the rest but I can't remember which is was. Possibly v1.2
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:54:56 PM EST
Yea, i did all my training that was there in Recon, the first AA release, the Airborne training took a few tries, but it wasnt that hard. i tried it again a few releases ago, 1.9 or 2.0 and it was 10x harder. i would land in the circle, wasnt good enough, i even got a perfect landing in the circle, still wasnt good enough. I think it has gotten harder.

If you havnt done SF E&E, good luck, make sure you have plenty of time :)
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:04:17 PM EST
I've done everything but the sniper training.
Airborne was a cakewalk.
E&E took about 3 hours.
Qualify expert....never.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:58:09 AM EST
Just keep trying. Thats what I had to do. You'll get expert, just be patient.

Prib

"We the Willing, Led by the Unknowing, Do what is Necessary, For the Ungrateful"
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:22:41 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2004 7:36:50 AM EST by steenkybastage]
It's kinda cheap but....

on the first 20 shots, squat down.

You'll notice you can't see the targets... BUT... if you walk backwards, your head raises just past the ground level, and you can see targets.

You'll have to back into either the left or right corner, (depending on what target you're aiming for), so that you ARE NOT MOVING (but still walking backwards). This raises your accuracy quite a bit. Oh, and don't forget to use your irons, too.

However, if you're moving, you'll not be very accurate... I think there are 2 or 3 targets you need to switch sides for, all the rest you can just stay in the back left (I think it was left) corner, and keep crouching backwards for more accuracy.

That helped me a LOT.

Then prone shouldn't be a problem.

I had a hard time with it when I re-started playing on 2.1 (quit since like 1.5). I think once I figured this out, I managed to hit 18/20 giving me 38 for expert.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:59:50 PM EST
I keep the iron sights zoomed in, and lower the rifle (still zoomed) to scan for targets. This saves a bit of time zooming and unzooming for the shots.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:04:02 PM EST
I managed to do that, Airborne training I keep screwing up
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:47:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/16/2004 3:47:45 PM EST by metroplex]
Find the latest copy of AAO Manager and give your M16 an ACOG along with better accuracy. That will solve the problem. :)

Think outside the box.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:47:45 AM EST
whats AAO manager? i didnt know you have the acog at the rifle range.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:33:00 PM EST
It just takes time.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:54:49 PM EST
Betting it's a cheat. You shouldn't have the acog at the range.

Originally Posted By Andy_P23:
whats AAO manager? i didnt know you have the acog at the rifle range.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:25:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/24/2004 1:29:39 PM EST by metroplex]
Be creative.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:47:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By metroplex:
Find the latest copy of AAO Manager and give your M16 an ACOG along with better accuracy. That will solve the problem. :)

Think outside the box.

Or just do it how you are supposed to, and not cheat. I hate cheaters. It really not that hard if you wait till you stop breathing then shoot while using ironsights. Key is to make sure you get every target prone, because prone i a lot easier.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:04:21 PM EST
pb_kick metroplex

Damn, didn't work.

Originally Posted By metroplex:

Think outside the box.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:35:18 PM EST
doug_h is right. watch your breathing and get into a rhythm.

it's better to learn the hard way then to cheat. cheaters will always be a weaker opponent when you take away their cheats...
Top Top