Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 7:26:45 PM EST
. . . when they think about what an incredible priviledge it is to live in this nation?

Tonight I was out and about with my wifey. As my habit, I was packing my XD-9 and a couple of off-side mags. When I got home it hit me . . . while most nation restrict the right to even own a handgun, here I am LEGALLY carrying one concealed. With reciprocity and a little out-of-state license finangling, I could carry in 35 states. How many nations would even consider trusting their folks anough to allow that?

I also just put the finishing touches on a AMD-65 build (AKM variant). I LEGALLY created the receiver myself and assembled it using a parts kit I bought for cash at a gun show. There is literally no record of this weapon on any federal or state register, yet it is fully legal. Most folks in the world can't even OWN an EBR, much less build one at home.

While we've got problems here in the ol' USA, it is still by far the finest place to live on God's good Earth. We've still got some fighting to do (NFA, 922 reg, etc), but I just swell up with pride when I think of living in the land of the free and the home of the brave.

God bless the USA.

_Disconnector_
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:29:25 PM EST
Only every freaking day. In America, you can always find a party. In Russia, party finds you!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:29:46 PM EST
Absolutely.

Especially when i here a patriotic song.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:30:42 PM EST
BTW. this needed to be said.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:30:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/22/2004 7:31:46 PM EST by ar50troll]
What gives me the other shivers is the generation of kids in high school and college who are so self absorbed and know nothing of love of country. The libs are polluting the minds of our children in todays school system. Not to mention TV, Film...on and on.
Freewill is dying and that shit really scares me.

But I do get the good one you speak of at every gun show and every range visit. I live near a chopper base too and it alwys feels good to see those birds hum by.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:31:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By raven:
Only every freaking day

... + whatever
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:34:36 PM EST
I am taking an American History class here at the U. We are in the revolutionary period. I just read the Declaration of Independance and I am half way through reading the Constitution. I love this country.

P.S. My professor is actually a pretty alright guy, he actually respects the Constitution!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:39:27 PM EST
yeah...freedom means begging for a permit (and paying too)
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:42:53 PM EST
I didn't beg . . . ever heard of SHALL ISSUE?

$50 isn't breaking the bank either. If your state is dramatically higher, then get to work and vote the bastards out.

_Disconnector_
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:43:33 PM EST

Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
I also just put the finishing touches on a AMD-65 build (AKM variant). I LEGALLY created the receiver myself and assembled it using a parts kit I bought for cash at a gun show. There is literally no record of this weapon on any federal or state register, yet it is fully legal. Most folks in the world can't even OWN an EBR, much less build one at home.
God bless the USA.

_Disconnector_

No record until now! Way to go ASSHAT!

J/k

CH
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:45:02 PM EST

Originally Posted By Cape_hunter:

Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
God bless the USA.

_Disconnector_

No record until now! Way to go ASSHAT!

J/k

CH

Nope, he just lost it in a terrible biking accident.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:47:13 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:48:46 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/22/2004 7:48:58 PM EST by Spitfire75]
I dunno. What's it like to live in America?

<----------------------
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:55:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By Spitfire75:

<----------------------

Move to montana, and i'll show you.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:04:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By Spitfire75:

<----------------------

Yeah move to Montana...got enuff Kalifornicas here!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:16:25 PM EST

VA ain't too bad either '. . .

_Disconnector_
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:23:00 PM EST
Way too many people from cali come to az. Stay in that shithole if it's so cool that you have to wear socal and norcal shit all the time.

Most people are idiots and have never traveled outside of the us. If they have, they went to regular tourist destinations and have never seen how truly shitty the rest of the world is.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:26:23 PM EST
I too love being able to legally carry a concealed handgun. And I love having the freedom to build an AK clone.

Oh wait, for a second there I thought I lived in the USA.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:34:37 PM EST
Occasionally. The latest time that really stood out was when I went to the Arkansas-Texas game on Sept. 11 this year. We had an over flight of 4 F-16's, at about 800ft AGL. Yeah. And I was in the nosebleeds.

The national anthem was playing, and I couldn't help myself but woot and holler and all that when they lit up the after burners over the feild. It was so goddamned cool, I get the shivers (and teary eyed) just typing it. It was the whole ceremony that led up to that.

That and I always wanted to be a pilot. Goddamned Navy and their idiotic beaurocrats retiring all the decent planes like the A-6 and the . And they wouldnt let me fly anyway, because I would probably be wearing those damned BC's.
Top Top