Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 4/24/2013 4:09:35 PM EDT
I have now for a long time. When it comes on I think I am going to die it gets that bad after a two or three days I am better again, its been happening for close to 20 years .  I have been to the doctor multiple times both private practice and VA. Always the same thing . No one can find anything, around 96 I had received a letter from the Army saying I had been exposed to nerve agents in the gulf and I should be treated so I do not know if it is that  or if it is my time at Ft McClellan which I hear glows in the dark from all the chemical waste. I just know this happens all the time and there is never a reason for it. It sucks

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:11:36 PM EDT
I get sick every time the season changes... Like clockwork

Spring, summer, fall, and winter

I wonder if it'd still happen to me if I lived where theres only one season... like Cali
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:11:53 PM EDT
My wife is like that, gets sick without any apparent cause or reason.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:13:10 PM EDT
sure you don't have seasonal depression?
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:13:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By slowkota1:

I wonder if it'd still happen to me if I lived where theres only one season... like Cali

Do not Fo to find out.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:14:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By fla556guy:

Does that include puking your guts out, having fever, the chills , sometimes the runs ?   aches and pains like the flu except with no flu ?
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:15:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sharpshooter:

I have now for a long time. When it comes on I think I am going to die it gets that bad after a two or three days I am better again, its been happening for close to 20 years .  I have been to the doctor multiple times both private practice and VA. Always the same thing . No one can find anything, around 96 I had received a letter from the Army saying I had been exposed to nerve agents in the gulf and I should be treated so I do not know if it is that  or if it is my time at Ft McClellan which I hear glows in the dark from all the chemical waste. I just know this happens all the time and there is never a reason for it. It sucks

When you say get sick, what do you mean? What are the symptoms?

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:21:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BlackRifle76:

When you say get sick, what do you mean? What are the symptoms?  

Read above.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:23:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By slowkota1:

Do not Fo to find out.
This^  You're better off getting sick 4 times a year!

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:28:56 PM EDT
I used to get sick every 3-4mo for no good reason...then I stopped going to the gym...then I stopped getting sick. Wasn't a filthy place, actually it was quite clean and never smelled funky, but for some reason I'd come down with all sorts of weird shit with little warning.

Buying equipment off of Craigs has been cheaper in the long run too
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:34:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bngracing:
I used to get sick every 3-4mo for no good reason...then I stopped going to the gym...then I stopped getting sick. Wasn't a filthy place, actually it was quite clean and never smelled funky, but for some reason I'd come down with all sorts of weird shit with little warning.

Buying equipment off of Craigs has been cheaper in the long run too

I have my own exercise equipment primarily because there is no gym is reasonable distance and yes you are right it is cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:48:01 PM EDT

Does that include puking your guts out, having fever, the chills , sometimes the runs ?   aches and pains like the flu except with no flu ?

Happens to me every spring, Allergies. It's like having the worst flu you could possibly imagine. Found out I was allergic to all types of grasses and when the snow melts it trips my allergies into overdrive.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:50:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Umbra:

Happens to me every spring, Allergies. It's like having the worst flu you could possibly imagine. Found out I was allergic to all types of grasses and when the snow melts it trips my allergies into overdrive.

I have allergies but I was tested and know what they are, I take drops for them . This is not a spring thing , like I said this happens several times a year.  But I do know what you mean I have had hay fever and it sucks.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:53:59 PM EDT
My fiancee was a middle school teacher when we started dating, I would get sick alllll the time due to the crap she'd bring home from school but was herself immune to. Now she teaches high school and its a lot less but still several times a year I'll feel like crap.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:58:11 PM EDT
I got one word for you...

Try Vitamin C.

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:59:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jjrockbush:

Try Vitamin C.

Does that come fried?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 6:03:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By jjrockbush:

Try Vitamin C.

+1000

I have a few boxes of this stuff call Emergen-C... If I start to feel something coming on, I'll mix up a packet, and that shit takes care of it pretty quickly!
Top Top