Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 7:24:56 PM EDT
Firs a little back ground.  I've been surfing the web for several years now and have never had a problem with viruses or the like but............after signing up for Gmail last week I have contracted 3 different viruses,  pop-ups like crazy (none before Gmail) and spam up the ass!!

Hell, I even got a piece of spam that showed MY email addy as the SENDER!!! (as if I would send myself email about some school I never even heard about!!)

I ran my Mcafee anti-virus and it showed 3 'questionable' files that I didn't down load, two I zapped out right but, the third McAfee said it could not clean, isolate, or delete, i right clicked on the file to see what it showed under 'properties' and it 'opened' atomatically  to the McAfee page for general info.!!??

Why would McAffe down load a 'questionable' file and then not be able to do anything about it!!??

Hell even now I just received two pop-ups  from microsft explore hocking some bullshit turbo program!!!

All this since getting a Gmail account, is this a coincidence?? Anyone else having problems since signing up for gmail?? Any ideas on how to fix this shit!!!????.........

HELP!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I dunno about gmail...would never try anything that sounded so much like gman

[tinfoil]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:26:12 PM EDT
[#2]
no.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:31:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top