Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/1/2001 10:38:07 AM EDT
It's all gray and overcast here and what with losing an hour to the time change I've given up on being productive today.... anyone else?

Link Posted: 4/1/2001 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#1]
yup uh huh ..... jus sittin' around watching the cat nap.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Plus my car got towed while I was at a club last night.. that was $60 and a hike in the rain to the impound lot that I hadn't planned on.  Didn't get home until 4am.  

What good movies are out on video now?  Might curl up on the couch... veg out.

Link Posted: 4/1/2001 10:47:57 AM EDT
[#3]
The sun is shining here in Central Iowa. I have to clean off the gun bench today. Wifes orders! [:D] Milldude
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I;m being lazy too. About the only productive thing I did today was pick up my "Senior Memeber." [:D]
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Nope not here!!

Dryer seems to take too much time per load to completely dry up the clothes, so I decided to see what is up and guess what, the exhaust tube got clogged up and the flexi-exhaust tube is full of water. Since I already am there, decided to disassembled the whole thing and clean every nook and cranny inside of lint.

Just finish it and will mow the front and back yard after I get my siesta.

For me who goes to work to relax, this is an easy Sunday for me.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep.

McUZI in VA
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 10:56:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank goodness I mowed the lawn yesterday... even on a riding mower it takes two hours.  I bought a new one at the end of last season.  This sucker is the most industrial model they make and, I love this part, it has a cup holder for my beverage of choice.  

When I told my neighbor he started going on about how he was going to have to "modify" his with a six pack cooler.. then it escalated to tow behind hibachis and such.. [:D]
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 11:06:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 11:33:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Watching Winston Cup race, typing here, trying to get up enough gumption to vacume the floor.

Oh well, its only noon here.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Windy, here in Savannah.  Should be out doing something, but I'm addicted to this web site. [:D]
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 12:10:23 PM EDT
[#11]
It is the most awsum Sunday here in Houston,
I got up this morning and the sun was shining, so I thought I would go do some shooting.
WEll cant find anyone to go with me. That is what happins when your an asshole,
So i am working on my garden.
i got to quit being sutch a big ahole.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#12]
jhencrt,

I was born in Savannah!!  Cool beans..

Falcon,

Flower or vegetable garden?
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Miss Magnum..the city is still getting over St. Patrick's day..azelias in full bloom...an I'm at the keyboard...I need to get a life....[:D]
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 12:20:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah.. but then you have to spend lazy Sundays getting over "having a life"... [;)]
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 12:26:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Slept 'till noon, done some housework, now The Beer Slayer and his wife are comin' over to cook some burgers and watch Fox Sunday fare.  Damn, I don't wanna go to work tomorrow!
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#16]
No way, beatiful in Colorado, went up to Tunnel #6 and shot the AR & HK. Great fun, and others were there with Garands, Enfields and Contenders. We took turns trying out other's hardware.
[pistol]
[uzi]
[shotgun]
It was great fun. The sun has been taking off weekends all winter long, so this was one great Sunday, even if I did have to work in the morning.
Opening day tommorow, I can smell the fresh mowed grass and hear the beer vendors already.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 12:40:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Had two teeth pulled Friday so I am still recuperating.  Watched the NASCAR race for a while then fell asleep on the couch.  Yep, this counts as a lazy day, nothing accomplished.

Aggie1
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, pretty grey here...

Went to the store bought milk and the new Shotgun News. Something to read until the Sopranos comes on tonight.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Here on the coast rain and shine. cool no shootin today. Thankfully grass hasn't shone it's self as a theat yet. Wonder if I could ?????? no not that, what about ?????????????/ no not that ZZZZZZZZZZZ
o well maybe setting the clocks forward will be fun.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Hell no! I had to get off my couch 6 times for beer during the race.     [sniper]
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Just knocked off a subway spicy italian and a bag of chips, watchin guns of WW2 on the history channel. Might boink the chick later.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 12:59:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Grill'n & Chill'n

Brids chirpin, light breeze. "POP" sound of a COLD ONE. Lifes good right now!!!

P.S. No day light savings here in Arizona.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Im taking it easy now. I just got back from the mountains. I met my daughter up there to do some shooting and cook out a little. To my surprise there was 3 feet of snow pilled up in front of the cabin door(it slides off the tin roof) So i spent some time shoveling. Then had to walk through 100 yards of foot thick wet snow to set up targets. We had fun but it feels good to be home Im a pooped pop
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#24]
All's quiet on this side of the country.  Defragged and backed up the computer, paid bills, went through the weeks worth of mail, catered to the Puppy.  It's HER lap, not mine, and it's currently occupied.  Basically a 'work a little, screw off a little' day. Once done with the computer, I think it'll be time to clean the Glock 21 and Sig 225.  Providing, of course, that I'm allowed to get up. And if I still have the ambition by the time that I AM allowed up.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 1:58:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Made the trip to the movie store.  Two movies.  Check.

Change burned out lightbulb so I can see in kitchen.  Check.

Preheated oven.  Blackberry cobbler baking as I type.  Check.

Laundry in progress.  Check.

Triple antibiotic in mare's eye again.  Check.  (Gotta love having them in the back yard!)

Dog(s) at feet.  Check.

Life is good... [:D]
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#26]
It's cloudy up in Vancouver, British Columbia, and I had a busy week at work. So, I had breakfast with my wife and parents this morning, and I'm just relaxing the rest of the day. A little later I'm going to hit the gym, and maybe go see a movie tonight. But on Monday I'll take the P.S.S. out for a workout.

Have a great Sunday

Cheers!
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#27]
An absolutly perfect day here in New Port Richey
Fl.. Bright Sun, mid 70's, light breeze...
Girls in their short shorts and halter tops.....
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 2:26:22 PM EDT
[#28]
To hangfire: I hate you!

Seriously, Florida sounds like a great place, especially the gun laws.

Cheers
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 2:28:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Afraid not.  Its been really busy so, I cooped up at work[:(]

But I'm recording Sopranos, so it will improve when I get home[:)]
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 2:35:14 PM EDT
[#30]
had rain,then snow this morning.i've stayed on the couch most of the day snoozing.right now i'm debating to have a beer or load the garbage in the pickup to take down to the curb.mmk
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 3:01:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Partly Clouldy and cool here in Omaha, NE watched the race today and am now just thinkin about doin my laundry.  Goin to Texas tomorrow...I hope its warm and the ladies willin.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#32]
This is a Laaaazy Sunday....

Nothing I have to do, would like to go shoot my USP9F, either that or my new Rem 870 setup... I would show y'all, but I got no Digital Camera.

Yes, MM, this is the sort of day to just kick back, rest, and enjoy the world's rotation around you.

Let it flow...
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#33]
I made it out to the rifle range for the first time this year.  Took my scoped Winchester '94.  Then, met my friend for some lunch, went shopping and came home.  Now I'm sippin' some cabernet anticipating a buzz.

A good day.

Link Posted: 4/1/2001 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Well the vegges are planted.
The WWF is in town, and my son is at the dome, he just called to tell me to watch for him on the tub.
Got to go to my nabers house to see it .

Falcon out.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#36]
So what movies did you get? Been thinking about renting the Art of War with Wesley Snipes. Why did your car get towed? Illegaly parked? In a hurry to get to that cute bouncer huh? [;)]

Lazy day here too. Got up around noon(it was really 11:00 pre daylight savings time) Tidied up a bit in my new apt. Went to the hardware store, and had lunch at a Mexican retaurant. Good thing I am alone. Must get air freshener. Then I napped on the couch for about 3hrs only to wake up to watch tales of the gun. Russian gun were featured. Finnally got the proper pronounciation of Mosin(moe-seen).  Think I will go to grocery store, get dinner. Of to vid store and get video. Then come back, read post till dinner is done. Then watch flick, go to bed and then wake up go to work.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 5:04:52 PM EDT
[#37]
I rented Nurse Betty and Woman on Top.  Nurse Betty was pretty decent.  The other got good reviews so we'll see.  Was tempted to rent The Way of the Gun again... can't get enough Benecio!

Last night a bunch of us got together for a friend's (in fact, SigChick) birthday.  Went out to a mexican restaurant (margaritas, anyone?) and then out to a club down in Virginia Beach.  Trouble being that it was raining cats and dogs and we were trying to park as close to the club as possible.  Most of the parking lots were full and so we parked at Wendy's... I figured they were closing down to just the drive-thru so we wouldn't really be affecting their business with dine-in customers.  Well, I was wrooooooonnnnnnngggggg - they towed us anyway.  Feel bad for my friend who also got her car towed because it was my crappy reasoning that had us park there to begin with.  Guess it's just a lesson learned.  ::shrug::

Link Posted: 4/1/2001 5:17:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Watching wrestlemania.thn i have to clean my guns from a weekend of shooting
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 5:55:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Just got in from a great Sunday.  Shot 270 clay pigeons with my buddy, and [b]I SMOKED 'EM[/b]!  I openly challenge all comers!!  Nothing like shooting on a Sunday.

And [i]next[/i] sunday, I'll be on my way to a wonderful spring vacation to the beautiful Virginia Appalachian mountains.  Life is good.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Definitely a lazy day.  Mainly waiting for the phone to ring and it being my ex-wife telling me out daughter is headed to the hospital to have our first grandson.  He's 4 days overdue now.  The suspense is killing me.  When I get the call, I have to make the 3.5 hour drive to Atlanta from Tybee Island to be there.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 6:52:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Yep, parking down by the beach is serious business (ie $$$). Is that the Wendy's on Pacific? I can't remember the name of the club we used to go to down there, but Bubba's Beach Club has some great wings.

Can't wait to move back to the Old Dominion. Another year or so.

Went to the range and it was closed for maintenance, so that zapped all my ambition for the day. Got to find an excuse to leave early tomorrow and go to the range. Maybe it will come to me in my sleep.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Yes.. the Wendy's on Pacific... color me stupid.  

We went to the new club that just opened up not too long ago called Excess.  The guy who sold The Edge owns it.  It was decent.. packed and all.  They played some decent songs but then switched to oldies.. that whole retro crap.  

I talked briefly with the owner about how we need an industrial club around here.. a play list with Limp Bizkit, Staind, ICP, harder stuff.  I can dream, can't I??
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 7:24:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Mmmm. Mexican food, I miss El Azteca. There's a bunch of places I want to go back too, argh I can't wait to get back!
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 7:35:18 PM EDT
[#45]
El Azteca?  Is that the one on Shore Drive?  I drank margaritas there with guys from the shop (prior Navy) for NINE HOURS one day... oh my!  

We actually went to Guadalajara's for dinner last night.  The leftovers from my fajitas made three whole meals.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 9:02:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#47]
All my Sundays will be lazy until warmer weather. I just love my digital cable!

Clubbin at the beach huh? Only one I've ever been to is Hammerheads, used to go there on Saturday night when I was in town for the show.

Jake
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Man I miss the beach. Its gonna be worse in the summer I just know it. I miss that terribly about Kali. Specially living only 15min away from Newport and Huntington Beaches. I will definitely miss hanging out at Sharky's in Newport Beach and Huntington Brewery. Rollerblading near the pier at Newport Beach. Ahhhh.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Man I miss the beach. Its gonna be worse in the summer I just know it. I miss that terribly about Kali. Specially living only 15min away from Newport and Huntington Beaches. I will definitely miss hanging out at Sharky's in Newport Beach and Huntington Brewery. Rollerblading near the pier at Newport Beach. Ahhhh.
View Quote

Oh well, you'll just have to spend your Sundays buying and shooting guns that are banned in Kali.[:D] Except for lack of admiring the Kali beaches, hope everything is going well for you in Dallas!
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 9:49:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Everything is all good so far Matt. I still have to buy a map of the area. Except I like driving around and getting lost too much. Been cruising around Plano and Richardson. Next weekend I tackle getting lost in Dallas. Already went to a gunshow this weekend. Very reminescent of the old Pomona Gun Shows except they have Class3 dealers showing their wares here. One dealer wanted you to put on them surgical gloves before you handle em. Something about oils in your hand and the metal.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top