Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 7:08:07 PM EST
It gets the same treatment as my AR, light coat of CLP and then wiped down. Had it out on a very humid day and it showed rusting while the AR did not. Scrubbed off the rust with a rag and CLP, checked a few days later and more rust on the slide.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:11:57 PM EST
Shit! It must be a KY thing!

My compact stainless rust under the grips and a few specks here and there on the frame. I wipe it down with CLP and it will take most of it off.

Greg
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:19:52 PM EST
Yes, it must indeed be a KY thing. LOL. I've got a Kimber Classic Custom that will start to rust just by looking at it. And damn does it come on fast. I thought the slide on Sig's were bad for this, but nothing I've ever owned rusts as fast as a Kimber.

Luckily I've always caught it fast when it was just specks and no damage to the gun or finish resulted. But for a gun that costs that much $$$ you'd think they'd put a decent finish on it.

Either way, I no longer carry it anyway. I bought a Glock 17 a couple of years ago and the rest is history. You could take a Glock to hell and back and it wouldn't rust. It might melt a bit, but it won't rust!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:03:13 PM EST
Have 2 kimbers, an ultra carry and a pro tactial ll, barell on ulta carry started to get some surface rust on it shortly after I bought it. Not on the polished part but the cut out part close to the end of the barell. Gun was only a couple of months old when I noticed it. I cleaned it off and it came back once more pretty quick, cleaned it again and added a little extra oil, also put a silica-gel pack in the safe. No more rust. Never a problem with the pro tactical.

Roy
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:08:18 PM EST
No Rust on the three i've owned. I still own the Custom Stainless.-great shooter

I wish Marlin would put a better finish on their rifles.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:10:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/4/2004 10:10:55 PM EST by Lumpy196]
Top Top