Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 9:08:28 AM EDT
I picked up the last copy at Best Buy last Thursday and haven't put it down since.  I played for 9 hours straight yesterday and I've only managed to beat around 15% of the game so far.    

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope, no time... But Gran Turismo 3 was incredible- I have no idea what they'd do to make this one better!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:13:48 AM EDT
[#2]
If the cars would actually have damage and if you didn't have to go through the whole license process, I would pick it up.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:18:25 AM EDT
[#3]

who needs GT when you have Grand Theft!!!?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:30:26 AM EDT
[#4]
650 cars 50 tracks

you can transfer 100k and i hear cars also - new york city!!!

If you don't have a GT3 save to transfer funds and or licenses and or cars - go to the used shop - buy the lancer evolution 1992 and race the beginner race till you have it all loaded out - you can keep winning a car in the series and selling it for 8k and win about 4k per series, it also gets ya back into driving etc...

G'luck
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:09:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes and its starting to suck.  The farther you get the in the game the more glitches and bugs you find.

THE most annoying one is the screen shake that happens before, during and after a race.  Here is a list of things that pissed me off.

1. screen shake...i mean wtf, easy glitch to fix...non existant in gt-3.

2. No use of race tires in 2-player for street cars. my 900 hp supra could sure use em'

3.wall riding slightly discouraged by a "bump" when walls are hit. but only on initial contact...ghey.

4. no slot two memory card loading...gotta reset to change memory cards...holy time consuming batman!!

5. when buying cars off of another card...the car is only offered as stock...i mean...who makes these rules???

6. Kelly blue book went out the window....buy a car for 80, turn around and sell it with 0 miles for 20...annoying waiste of money.

7. "improved car physics" my ass....so they added the row boat feature to cars with stock suspension...and the racing suspension drives EXACTLY like gt-3.

8. tried entering a race with a tommy kiara ZZII...tells me "production cars only" yet when i enter the race with a "production car" one of my computer apponents is a ZZII.........son of aaaaaa GLITCH!!!!

9. 600 cars!!!! woopie!.....only 200 are cool.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I didn't know you could transfer $$ and cars from GT3.

I also haven't played the B-spec mode yet.  It looks like you command the driver instead of actually drive.  Not sure how that's supposed to work.

Playing GT4 looks as good as the introduction on GT3. And the introduction on GT4, I couldn't tell if it was real or computer generated it looked so good.  

Also the Vegas Strip (drag race) is really neat looking to run up and down.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:40:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#8]
B-Spec is just like commanding the driver.  You can also speed up the time to 3x as much.  That helps when your doing the endurance races like 24 Hour Real Time Nurburgring Race.  

I will be picking up Forza Motorsports when it comes out for xbox.  Along with actually modding the body along with many other things and online play i'm sure it will surpass Gt4 easily.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:53:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Roommate has it.

Stayed home form school for a day when he bought it.

Has had the GT4 steering wheel for several months, but doesnt use it..

I'm not too impressed but he's spooging his pants about it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 1:10:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top