Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/18/2008 9:24:02 PM EDT
I don't know what it is, maybe the 100 degree temps in the mill or just stress from my life or job related stresses but I haven't been as productive as in the past. I'm working a lot of O.T. trying to make some extra money for a gun purchase and I think after I get to my goal I might take a week off. I need it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:24:30 PM EDT
mill? what kind of mill? textile mill?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:25:34 PM EDT
Sweating my ass of in the Big Brown Truck all day delivery ammo and sex toys is quite fun.

See lots of interesting things during that day.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:27:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/18/2008 9:29:14 PM EDT by Tony7189]

Originally Posted By fossil_fuel:
Paper mill, we do converting for flexible packaging. I run a printing press and today it was 102 with high humidity.

ETA: My press is like the sweaty ass crack of the mill. I have fans that I put around to circulate the air but if you stand in front of them it feels like a giant blow drier, nothing but hot air.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:29:47 PM EDT
Not me. I love my job and hope Obama doesn't get elected and screw everything up!
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:30:34 PM EDT
after 20 years of doing the samething?............ fook yea!
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:32:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Pangea:
Not me. I love my job and hope Obama doesn't get elected and screw everything up!

I start feeling tired around the 14th and the end of the month, then I get paid and my enthusiasm is perked back up again. I do love my job.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:32:50 PM EDT
Oh hell yeah! My boss gave his notice today. I am hoping they ask me to fill the spot. I could use the extra money.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:36:02 PM EDT
as long as I have a job and can continue to stockpile goods for the endgame... it's all good!
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:36:06 PM EDT
I work at Books a Million a few days a week, it's okay I guess.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:38:09 PM EDT
I work in Finance. I made a lot last year. Not so much this year.

RR
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:40:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/18/2008 9:41:11 PM EDT by fossil_fuel]

Originally Posted By Tony7189:

Paper mill, we do converting for flexible packaging. I run a printing press and today it was 102 with high humidity.

ETA: My press is like the sweaty ass crack of the mill. I have fans that I put around to circulate the air but if you stand in front of them it feels like a giant blow drier, nothing but hot air.

If you're willing to relocate out west, I guarantee that you could find a high paying, somewhat interesting job in petroleum or mining
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:41:13 PM EDT
Nope.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:42:38 PM EDT
today was my last day..... so yeah, I guess you could say I was burned-out
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:43:13 PM EDT
YES, been sick of it, I have worked in food service for thirteen years so it's damn-near impossible to get any real job. It sucks, the pay is terrible, my boss is a bastard, customers will be the death of me, and there are no job openings in my neck of the woods that might potentially pay a real wage (making due on 10k a year after recently leaving a 51k a year job is hard).

[/rant]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:43:58 PM EDT
XD, I know just how hot those mobile Brown ovens get. Sometime's I feel like I am going to melt. People always say " You don't have air conditioning in there!! How do you do it?" Sometimes even I don't know.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:45:53 PM EDT
I was getting burned out, but that got solved, I was told I was going to be losing my job. So, now, I only have to find a new one, and that is not going real well at the moment.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:46:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/18/2008 9:48:54 PM EDT by Tony7189]

If you're willing to relocate out west, I guarantee that you could find a high paying, somewhat interesting job in petroleum or mining
Hmm, sounds interesting. I think I'm going to allow my flexographic and lithographic printing experience to accumulate a few more years (9 years this year) and get a position as shift supervisor or quality control where ever they print Hustler magazines.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:46:53 PM EDT
Yes.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:48:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By XDBACKUPGUN:
Sweating my ass of in the Big Brown Truck all day delivery ammo and sex toys is quite fun.

How do you know they're sex toys?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:09:50 PM EDT
I love my job. When I worked strictly ICU stuff I got a little toasty after about 5 years. I work in a childrens hospital and seeing that kind of pain/suffering and death can get old quick. What I do now is much better (critical care peds/newborn transport) and only every now and then work the ICU's. My job involves ambulance/helicopter/fixed wing transport and is cool and exciting. It also allows me plenty of time to surf the web if it aint busy.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:13:14 PM EDT
I'm past burned out. Between listening to people whine about everything under the sun and getting bitched at because I can't fix things all over the world immediately, I'm WAY past burned out.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:38:55 PM EDT
Yes, but I will never stop, no matter how hard it becomes, no matter the hardships.

Others here, are holding far more dangerous ground, and have it far worse than me. If I quit, I let them down.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:00:28 PM EDT
The only day I've had off since the New Year was the 4th of July. I've had it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:02:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By xdoctor:
The only day I've had off since the New Year was the 4th of July. I've had it.

Damn, fuck that. What industry do you work in?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:47:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/19/2008 7:48:51 AM EDT by XDBACKUPGUN]

Originally Posted By neverenoughtoys:
XD, I know just how hot those mobile Brown ovens get. Sometime's I feel like I am going to melt. People always say " You don't have air conditioning in there!! How do you do it?" Sometimes even I don't know.

It must be brutal in Nevada.

Originally Posted By NimmerMehr:

Originally Posted By XDBACKUPGUN:

How do you know they're sex toys?

When you make a delivery to a Business called Fantasy Gifts and see what is inside the place, you figure it out.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:49:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By VT4meGunCtrlisAntiUS:

I start feeling tired around the 14th and the end of the month, then I get paid and my enthusiasm is perked back up again. I do love my job.

Yeah, I'd love your job too.

I love my job. I work for my self, make my own hours and take months off at a time.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:50:04 AM EDT

Just be ready to work 80 hour weeks.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:29:00 PM EDT
Does laughing in your bosses face a week and half ago when i got fired for leaving work with blood poisoning early one day count?

I didn't give a Air propelled fornication i had already statrted CDL school the day before to get out of there and have job with peace and quiet.

Just the CB, and radio if i choose to keep them on, Just the Engine and Turbo if i don't!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:39:31 PM EDT
Yes I'm on the verge of quitting. The prison politics and assorted games are really starting to get to me after 12 years. Now that I've all but made up my mind it's time to find a new job!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:49:19 PM EDT
Me too......... I hear it from three people when I make a mistake. Then if I can't shit results out in ten seconds, I get bitched at.....

I wanna quit

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:02:03 PM EDT
didn't you get the memo?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:03:25 PM EDT
I hate TPS reports
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:05:06 PM EDT
I am a Govt Contractor Courier, my daily commute is 110 miles, every other day I drive my route which is 50-60 miles, depending on the day of the week. Yesterday I leave work, in Fairfax Co to go home to MD, 55 miles, I leave at 2:10 PM and do not get him until 4 PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F*#K this commute, the money isn't worth it anymore.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:11:38 PM EDT
I was burned out about three years ago. I'm at the don't-give-a-fuck stage now.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:34:34 PM EDT
Yep after 30 years in the same factory, I am fried.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:35:30 PM EDT
I don't really have a job to be burned out on, so no.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:59:23 PM EDT
I'm getting burned out on working in general. I really, really need to win the $250 million lottery. Hell, I'll take $5 million. But 250 would be better.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:02:31 PM EDT
I am about as burned as burned gets. Every day is just like the last, and I have a pretty good "who gives a f***"" attitude about most things. I'm sure it will pass, but for the time being life is blah....
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:05:46 PM EDT

same here!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:09:13 PM EDT
I like what I do but having Medicare reimbursements cut 10.5% is making me less enthusiastic. If Obama gets in he'll make damn sure to cut it a lot more.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:16:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:I'm past burned out. Between listening to people whine about everything under the sun and getting bitched at because I can't fix things all over the country I'm WAY past burned out.

+1
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:18:25 PM EDT
Yup, I've been shoeing horses for 20 yrs now and after a broken leg and broken rib I'm ready for something less risky.

I'm planning on starting college next spring and going into a medical career.

After wrestling with horses for 20 yrs, wild patients should be a breeze.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:18:46 AM EDT
I get burned out every six months or so. Usually going to some sort of in-service training school breaks the slump.
The military side of my employment is absolutely getting "old". Luckily I'm only a year or so out from retiring from that job.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:23:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By shootemup:

fook that, the money wont be THAT good for that level of abuse
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:32:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/20/2008 1:36:26 AM EDT by S-28]
Fried here.

Vacation got nulled because of changes in staffing, shortage of staffing, and an Illegal policy that consumes earned benefit time when Medical leave is taken.

Filling in as an ad Hoc exec. that has not been hired for Months is Old.

Getting stabbed by the Boss and the Union, because of a lack of management talent, and corporate support, is old.

60+Hour weeks? Since 9-11-01?
Old.

Getting to see the wife for 4 days a month?
Old.

Lies, empty promises, and demands for increased support without the tools,in the face of it all?

Yep. Old.

Fried.

Been looking elsewhere.
First job that pays 5 bucks less an hour wins.

Between time on the farm that will pay more, and fewer Beers required on days off, it is a wash.

And I get to spend time with friends and family.

I work for Idiots, and I'm done.

S-28

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:34:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/20/2008 1:36:10 AM EDT by sprayandpray]

Originally Posted By luger355:

Originally Posted By shootemup:

fook that, the money wont be THAT good for that level of abuse

80 hours this wwek , 65 last week and I am building a deck in my "spare" time , think I have slept 8 hours in the past 4 days...... the money sure is nice though and you just can't beat 8 days on 6 days off when the overtime is light.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:34:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/20/2008 1:35:50 AM EDT by TearsInRain]
I've worked 124 hours in the last 10 days, in 95 degree heat, at a golf tent-sale. I could use a break..
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:35:23 AM EDT
Have been for sometime now...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:53:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BuffLuver:
I am a Govt Contractor Courier, my daily commute is 110 miles, every other day I drive my route which is 50-60 miles, depending on the day of the week. Yesterday I leave work, in Fairfax Co to go home to MD, 55 miles, I leave at 2:10 PM and do not get him until 4 PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F*#K this commute, the money isn't worth it anymore.

At that rate you're better off taking Metro. It'd take awhile but at least you can sorta relax.

But yeah, 495, 270, and 66 are the highways of tears and pain..
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:58:54 AM EDT

I don't know what it is, maybe the 100 degree temps in the mill or just stress from my life or job related stresses but I haven't been as productive as in the past. I'm working a lot of O.T. trying to make some extra money for a gun purchase and I think after I get to my goal I might take a week off. I need it.

There's a limit to what the human body can take in that environment. Your body core temperature is probably running a degree or two high all the time. You are running a constant fever and asking what is wrong?

Fucking stay cool. Hydrate yourself. 3 parts water, 1 part sports drink of your choice. Don't wait 'til you are thirsty to drink- force fluids every hour. If you know you're going to lose massive amounts of body fluids ahead of time prepare for it.

If there are showers in the plant, stand in one at every break with the water set on "cool" and then work it down. If you ain't got time to take a proper one and there's no risk of electricution, shower in you're clothes! Sounds like you'll dry off rather quickly. We ain't ain't talking about fighting hypothermia here....

I think you would be fine if you quite cooking yourself.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top