Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2004 4:32:02 PM EDT

>>>>>>>>>>>
Dear friend,

The national ban on military-style assault weapons will expire on Monday, September 13th, unless President Bush and Congress act now. President Bush promised to renew the ban, but instead he's letting it expire -- he has refused to call on Congress to deliver it for his signature.

For 10 years the assault weapons ban has taken the deadliest weapons off our streets, cutting their use in crimes 66 percent. But beginning Tuesday the 14th, an 18-year-old will once again be able to buy an AK-47 assault rifle in most states.

We can stop this if we speak up now. President Bush and Congress must renew the assault weapons ban, not let it expire. Please join me in demanding it, at:

http://www.moveon.org/savetheban/

Thank you.
>>>>>>>>>>>

I politely replied to my friend "I hope this was sent to me without your knowledge. I am looking forward to the sunset of this ill conceived law and to having my rights to keep and bear arms restored.

At first I thought her email addr book might have been hijacked but upon further consideration she may be the moveon.org type.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Not recieved it as e-mail, but I have seen it posted on other message boards (soccer mom type boards) no worries, the ban is dead for now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty sure that there isn't one single person I know with balls big enough to send that to me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:06:30 PM EDT
[#3]
As if I had another reason to hate moveon.org ...
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:08:10 PM EDT
[#4]
My mommy told me never to open emails from strangers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top