Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2003 2:44:45 PM EDT
I see threads all the time on "look at all the shit I've got".  I'm wondering if anyone else is like me and has wittled their collection down to what they "need".
I have carry guns in decreasing size depending on weather and dress code:
Glock 19
Glock 26
KelTec P32
NAA .22mag
And a S&W model 65 to keep in the truck (cheap & reliable)
Lever action Marlin in .357 which will someday be the companion to the model 65 if I ever get the vault built and/or the synthetic stock for it.

I have an 870 for behind the door.
I have two ARs, but one technically isn't mine.
I have a DSA SA58, and if I had bought it first would never have bought the AR.
I have an SLR95, again, if I had bought the DSA first, would never own this.
Couple of plinking guns, a 10/22 with a scope for accurate plinking, one with ghost rings for rapid fire.  If someone made a reliable detachable scope mount I wouldn't need two of these.

Anyone else along these lines, or is everyone here the "more more more" type?

About all I'm contemplating now is an ultralight AR to do things the DSA can't, and something for IDPA like a 1911.

Otherwise I'm pretty content with what I've got.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The empty slot in my wallet is what limits my collection.
View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 2:57:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been feeling like it's time to whittle it down a bit.  What do in need with 10 AR15s (plus 3 more stripped lowers), 3 AR10s, 2 DSAs, 3 AKs, 2 .50s, etc., etc....  I hardly ever even shoot the damn things.  It's friggin' insane.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 2:57:30 PM EDT
[#4]
"Whittled Down"?  You're joking right?  Good God, that's still one heck of a collection.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#5]
My collection is getting smaller and smaller every year.  I know the ones that work, that I like, and that Im good with, and I use them.

Im liking the commonality in my pistols and rifles.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:16:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The empty slot in my wallet is what limits my collection.
View Quote

What he said.
View Quote

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!ME TOO!!!!!

err...sorry for CAPS.It's just that I can relate.I feel BLESSED for what I have and am
BROKE because of it(HAPPILY I might add though).....damn CAPS......
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I have 1 Carbine, 1 pistol, and I'd like to have 1 shotgun, just to round it out.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Holy shit, Paul. [shock]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I limit my collection to:
2 longboards (1 way long, and one just kinds long, although I might be at any time be able to assemble another board if needed)
1 shortboard (not that it gets any use)

Oh, you were talking about guns rather than skateboards.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 4:22:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Holy shit, Paul. [shock]
View Quote

Paul, add that one to the list(on an earlier thread) of responses to
"What do people say when they see your "arsenal?"
lol!

Nice collection.

edited cause I can't speel
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 4:30:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"Whittled Down"?  You're joking right?  Good God, that's still one heck of a collection.
View Quote

I've also got a Sig P228 that I'm holding for a friend who lives in Chicago, a Ruger MKII that's for teaching new shooters, and the first gun I ever bought, a Marlin bolt action .22 that I'll just never get rid of.

The thing of it is, I really don't feel like I want anything else, and to be honest I don't really understand the "I just need one more" mentality, or the "look at what I have" mentality that gets tossed around here.
When I worked at the gun store in college I got caught up in it too, and getting things at cost didn't really help much.  But I trimmed some of the fat when I got out of college, and am still considering trimming it even further.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I got rid of all my 9mm weapons, that freed up some room in the safe. Glad I did, I don't miss any of them. 9mm is just to small to play gun games with.
 Disagree? Set a few bowling pins on a table and try to shoot them off with a 9mm, then do the same with a 45ACP, 357 mag or 40 S&W. That'll give you an idea of how underpowered the round really is.
I also no longer own anything chambered in 7.62x39mm, but I've got my eye on a mini-30.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 4:36:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I have decreased my collection quite a bit.  I shoot everything I buy now.  I have a few sentimental guns that stay in the safe, everything else fills a perceived need.

Balming
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 4:49:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Finances are the only limiting factor in my collection.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#18]
i've decided to go for quality over quantity.  at least that's what i told myself since i was laid off.  now the only thing i'm thinking of selling is my AK and that's just because i never shoot it.  i'd rather trick out my AR a little more.  

i have plans though...a few stripped lowers within the next year just in case, milsurps, and class3 stuff if finances work out.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm wondering if anyone else is like me and has wittled their collection down to what they "need".
View Quote

[wave]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:58:20 PM EDT
[#20]
What?! get rid of a gun merely because you have no use for it? Never. I have few guns I have only fired once and now are proudly collecting dust in my private basement museum.

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:02:00 PM EDT
[#21]
My name is Kevin, and I'm an AR'oholic.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#22]
My collection is shrinking due to limited employement and legal bills.

I am trimming all the fat, and for what I keep I am also arranging contingant homes for should I loose my legal battles and become a felon.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#23]
limited, yes. only due to funds.

but,

sometimes i think. why so many AR's? all i need is one. ok, 2 AR's.

that's all i need, one carbine, one HBAR.

then,

i get out my SP1

and fondle it. and want another SP1.

then.

i get out my Colt Carbine, and say, "it's 1 of 1616 ever made".

but, why does any man need / want so many of the same rife?

i can not explain, only that i've been bitten by the AR bug, and there is no cure.

but still, a man needs a good pistol, shotgun, and a rifle, 'nuff said.

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Damn Prof. I hope you win yor battle. That would be a shame, but it can happen easy enough. I know of people that did not intend to get in that position, but it happend.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Kalifornia Department of Justice is the only thing limiting my collection. Oh and that guy thats waiting for a "cell bitch"  [;D]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:30:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Collection?

Oh those pictures ... wonders can happen with the magic of Photoshop. I cut and pasted those things together from various web sites.

It's scattered across three states.

View Quote

Shit Paul, when the Krime Bill dies you're going to spend more on flash suppressors and barrel threading than most people's collections are worth!!

Nice collection!

[beer]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I usually find that I limit myself to the same calibers. Right now all I have is 9mm, .45, .308, .223 and .22LR. Been thinking of loosing the 9mm since I don't shoot it much and find that .45 is a lot more fun.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:53:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A 1022 and a 38 and.........Oh never mind!
View Quote

Imbroglio's a moderator now? [>:/]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top