Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2004 1:11:06 PM EDT
By the AWB sunset?  

I always have several projects in the works, so I didn't really make a special plan for the sunset.   I also have (had?) 'prebans' and more than enough mags, so I didn't feel the overwhelming desired to stock up the day after and I didn't want to jinx myself.  I always planned on picking up a couple lowers and a bunch of mags after the sunset, but that was the extent of my plan.

BUT now that it is a reality, I don't know what to do with myself!  How many lowers and what brand?  How many mags should I stock up on?  Do I need AKs?  What new guns (or old ones remade like AUGs, Sig 55x, etc) will be available to civvies?

So many things to buy, so many possibilities.  I've always been more of shooter than a collector.  I buy what I want, and a sell/trade what I don't use.  But I suddenly find myself wanting to do strange things like stock up on lowers from different manufacturers.  Why?  I don't know, because I can, and now I can built whatever I want on them.  Besides, what better way to send a big F'-you to those that supported the ban.

It's a GREAT day for black rifle enthusiasts.  We still have more battles to win and we still have to stay vigilant, but this is a time for celebration.

Luckily I just got a promotion and a raise at my job today.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:11:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not overwhelmed.....
I AM UNDERPAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

+1

Samuel
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:14:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Samuel

Amen to that!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:16:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Hell, me too.  BUT damn, so many things to spend your money on, no matter how much you make.  $10 30 round mags for instance.  I never paid more than $15 for good condition used mags, but damn, NIW mags for $10 is nice.  Or stripped 'noban' lowers for $100.  Sure it's not a complete rifle yet, but it's the part that counts.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#6]
im suprised mag companies cant keep up.

im going to have to wait awile before i can shop.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:19:26 PM EDT
[#7]
... Yeah, it is amazing, but I'm afraid the thrill will fade for me after awhile.

... This weekends project is an AK underfolder.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
... Yeah, it is amazing, but I'm afraid the thrill will fade for me after awhile.

You have WAAY too much disposable income WW, you need to adopt me. We've got the same first and last initials already.. W_W vs. W@W
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, as long as we don't see a new ban anytime soon, the manufacturers will probably bring new toys to the market.  That should keep the thrill going.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:23:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Even though I firmly believed there would be a sunset, I guess I didn't prepare as well as I should have. Oh well, I think we have at least a 5 month, and most likely a few years cushion to do what we need to do, so I'll catch up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:24:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+2
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have WAAY too much disposable income WW

... absolutely, without doubt - NOT TRUE!

(just have priorities )
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Samuel

+2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top