BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2007 12:11:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:15:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, but I hate all those commercials!
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:20:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I hate all those cocksuckers, bunch of fucking idiots.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:30:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not a regular smoker, but I have purchased cigarettes out of spite.

It's my understanding that those ads are actually put out by the tobacco companies as is required by the courts.  I'm not 100% certain on that little tidbit of info, but if it's true, the tobacco companies are geniuses.  

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:31:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It's my understanding that those ads are actually put out by the tobacco companies as is required by the courts.  I'm not 100% certain on that little tidbit of info, but if it's true, the tobacco companies are geniuses.  

HAHAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:32:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Didn't see a problem with them. I'm not a smoker. They didn't seem to put down guns or gunowners.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:34:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Didn't see a problem with them. I'm not a smoker. They didn't seem to put down guns or gunowners.

Well they didn't come right out and say it but they acted like bullets only purpose is to kill people... because after all every bullet every fired is intended to kill someone and nobody shoots paper in a safe and proper environment
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:37:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone catch the "Clock" banner on the ceiling
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:38:08 AM EDT
[#8]
It would be funny if Philip morris and RJ Reynolds started anti smoking attack ads against each other.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:03:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Noticed it after like the 8th time seeing it I was like uhh.....
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:07:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 for hating them, though.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:10:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 for hating them, though.

they changed the "G" in Glock to a C to avoid trademark laws i guess
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:22:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Just to follow up with this post, it appears that I was correct...  To some extent at least.  Wikipedia isn't the most reputable source, but I can always go back and check for more references.  According to what I see here, the American Legacy Foundation which puts these commercials out in conjunction with the advertising agencies is the love child of  the tobacco companies and attorneys general.  It is funded by big tobacco.  Very interesting...

Truth was originally created in 1997 by advertising agencies Crispin Porter + Bogusky and Arnold Worldwide as a central theme to a statewide anti-smoking initiative in Florida. In 1999, the campaign was taken to the national stage by the American Legacy Foundation, a nonprofit anti-smoking organization. PHD is the media agency for the truth campaign[1]

The American Legacy Foundation (ALF)[1][2][3] is a non-profit organization dedicated to preventing teen smoking and encouraging smokers to quit. Their vision is "Building a world where young people can reject tobacco and anyone can quit"

The organization is responsible for the truth anti-youth smoking ad campaign, which won an Effy Award in 2005, and the creation and continued funding of the Legacy Tobacco Documents Library (LTDL) [1], a digital library hosted by the University of California, San Francisco. The LTDL contains more than 7 million internal documents (40+ million pages) created by major tobacco companies related to their advertising, manufacturing, marketing, sales, and scientific research activities.

The American Legacy Foundation is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization that was established in March 1998 as a result of the Master Settlement Agreement (MSA) between a coalition of attorneys general in 46 states and five United States territories and the tobacco industry. It is funded primarily by payments designated by the settlement.

Link 1
link 2
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 2:19:43 AM EDT
[#13]
They dont bother me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top