Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 3:37:26 PM EDT
I Have to Have a Large French Vanilla everyday or I start gettin Grumpy

They put crack in with the grinds or what?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Their plain coffee and dunkaccinos are the best.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I need an Iced Coffee.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:41:23 PM EDT
[#3]
french vanilla?

their regular coffee is the nectar of the gods, but why ruin it with flavors?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:42:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I can quit anytime... I mean, now's not a real good time for me but I could, really.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:43:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Count me in.  I really like the regular stuff.  I'll have an extra large with cream and sugar and a French Cruller.

What's up with the Indian and Paki folks?  Talk about outsourcing!  Hell they outsourced the owners and everything but the customers!

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:44:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
french vanilla?

Amen brother
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:46:17 PM EDT
[#7]
That's one thing I *REALLY* miss about living in Boston.  

I got *seriously* hooked on DD coffee and donuts when I was back there.  Daily habit.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Since I moved to CT (where it's impossible to stretch both arms out without touching two Dunkin' Donuts) I have had their coffee twice.  And both times, it was burned and nasty.  Mrs. BlammO has had DD coffee numerous times and her only bad experiences were the two times she was with me.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:05:21 PM EDT
[#9]
nope.

caffeine is MY b*tch.  i aint caffeines b*tch

(i avoid it as much as possible in the summer - then i OD on mt. dew when studying for exams)
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Ever since I went on night shift 4 weeks ago I'm doing an iced coffee on the way in and a chocolate dipped iced latte once dinner wears off.  Bad freaking news.  A fattening crack habit.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:21:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
That's one thing I *REALLY* miss about living in Boston.  

You can get the beans shipped to you
straight from DD. I know that it is not
the same, but the stuff I brew at home
from DD beans is better that Starbucks
or gas station coffee.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:29:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Good stuff.

"Gimme a small coffee, light and sweet, and a coffee roll....."
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#13]
OK, I just got home from Dunkin' Donuts with a latte.  They were just finishing cleaning the machine when I ordered it.  On a scale from 1 to 10, it's a 4.  And the donut I had seemed to have been made fresh last month.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I need an Iced Coffee.

+1.
Every morning, it's one of the few junk foods I allow myself.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Next to Starbucks, DD is the best coffee around.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I was raised on DD. The original store was only 2 miles from my house when I was a kid. They were only 2 blocks from the Quincy, MA police station. The shop was constantly being robbed due to their location and the easy getaway, so they started giving free coffee to the local cops. Having the cops constantly pulling in and out of the parking lot seemed to cut down on the robbery rate.

Their quality isn't nearly as good as it was years ago. Up until 20 years ago, they made donuts 24hrs a day. The company policy was that any donut sold was to be no more than 2 hrs old. They would throw out trays of donuts every 2hrs to make room for the fresh stuff coming out of the back room. Same with coffee, if the coffee was more than 20 minutes old, it was dumped and a new pot made. Never had to worry about stale donuts and bitter coffee until they changed these policies.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:26:58 PM EDT
[#17]
I am a Tim Hortons Junkie!!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:19:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
french vanilla?

Amen brother

+2  ---med reg  coffees each day
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:19:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Dunkin' Donuts coffee is good stuff. It's too hot to be drinking that shit right now though.

Their donuts blow, though. At least around here. You can go in first thing in the morning as soon as they open and they still look like crap.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:21:39 AM EDT
[#20]
I think I might need to hit the DD this afternoon....

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:24:42 AM EDT
[#21]
The secret is they filter their water before brewing.  Most people just get the water from the tap.  Their milder beans also help in the flavor.  Starbucks use nuke strength beans and thats ok for depressed folks in the northwest but the for the rest of us its a little strong.  

But its the water!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:27:24 AM EDT
[#22]
I never heard of Dunkin Donuts before I moved to this state.There is one of those stupid stores every 1/4 mile throughout New England.

Even in my most desperate times of needing coffee in the AM,I can't drink that shit.It tastes burnt and no matter how much fillers you add to it,it still sucks.I honestly think people in NE have lost all taste buds when it comes to coffee.

I do like the iced espresso type drinks though.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:29:36 AM EDT
[#23]
my favorite thing about DD is that you can get the coffee sweetened. You don't have to mess with little packets or stirrers or anything....they hand you the cup and you're out the door.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:33:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Per departmental regulations, I drink hot coffee from 15 October to 15 April. Then on 16 April I switch to Iced Coffee until 14 October.

Why yes, it does coincide with long sleeve/short sleeve switches.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:39:34 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
The secret is they filter their water before brewing.  Most people just get the water from the tap.  Their milder beans also help in the flavor.  Starbucks use nuke strength beans and thats ok for depressed folks in the northwest but the for the rest of us its a little strong.  

But its the water!

Secrets of good coffee:

good water
good beans
clean coffee maker
no paper filters
don't overheat the water
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:42:43 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm a seasonal coffee drinker too... And when it's cold out, it's Dunkin' Donuts I drink. I've tried "Seattle's Finest", Starbucks etc., and for a cup of hot, black coffee - the only way to drink it IMHO - DD takes the cake.

For donuts though, Krispy Kreme wins.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:43:38 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But its the water!

Secrets of good coffee:

good water
good beans
clean coffee maker
no paper filters
don't overheat the water

Exactly, the paper will actually make the coffee acidic and taste nasty.  DD has filters that go into the maker itself and filters the water before the brewing process.  My Braun coffeemaker did the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#28]
I drink 3-4 large black coffees a day, and dunks quality has gone to shit almost as fast as the prices have risen. Lucky for me there is a small coffee shop in the center of the town i work in that has good strong rich coffee that cost less than dunks, the quality blows dds away, and the staff actually speak english. Now all I have to do is find a good replacement in my hometown, and I will be all set.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:19:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Copy that about the "out of towners" working at DD!!
Had a bunch of crazy Romainians working at the one back home (MA - Dunkin capitol of the universe)

None around here, but as a gift, my Mom has a few pounds delivered to my door. Bless her heart!
Now if I could just get some same-day delivery munchkins!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:47:26 PM EDT
[#30]
For my friends still stuck in New England, try Honeydew Donuts.  Their coffee and muffins are much better than DD.  Try the pistachio muffin.  I know its lime green and glows in the dark, but they are so good with a very dark, no sugar coffee.

Dunkin Donuts were good until the Brits (Grand Metropolitan, PLC.) bought the corp in 80s.  They did away with the freshness pledge.  

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top