Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 9:01:40 AM EDT
I have a hitachi 53FDX01B projection tv. was fine when i got up and came in to check somehitng on the PC and went back out it the pic was all screwed up. there is a dip in the top of the picture and the colors look kinda seperated where the dip it at? Anyone have any ideas? The local place has a 10 week wait to get repaired and a $85 service call to come gice me an estimate which they cant even do until themiddleof Feb.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds like the keystone in the lenses is way off. Did you check the other inputs on the TV to make sure the bad picture is consistent across all inputs?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:13:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
sounds like the keystone in the lenses is way off. Did you check the other inputs on the TV to make sure the bad picture is consistent across all inputs?

It's consistent when i scroll thru all the inputs. is this good or bad?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:19:50 PM EDT
[#3]
that means chances are its the projector and you need to have it sent back to the manufacturer. Is it still under warranty? Dont waste your time on a service guy, as this clearly is a hardware issue that the manufacturer would need to take care of.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#4]
It out of warranty, it's almost 5 years old. Never had a single problem until now There is a service guy coming out tuesday from out of town who does stuff here locally. I have noticed that is just the green that seems to be out of wack tho.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#5]
out of town... locally? does that make sense?

no matter what is wrong, it is likely going to end up costing as much as a new TV anyways.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
out of town... locally? does that make sense?

no matter what is wrong, it is likely going to end up costing as much as a new TV anyways.

he lives and operates out of the next town over but does work here localy for some of the bigger shops that sell TV etc since there is only one place here in town that does big screen repair and they are always backlogged. As far as costing as much as a new TV i sure as hell hope not, thats the last thing i need right now. might have to put it off for awhile if thats gonna be the case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top