Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/20/2009 2:02:09 PM EST
So a buddy and me flew to Atlanta to go to the AAC silencer shoot, we packed up his pelican case with his P226, AR15 and my SCAR. Got everything checked in ok at the Houston airport and when we flew into Atlanta the oversized packages have to go to a different location to pick them up. So we head over to the continental office and here comes the pelican case on a cart being wheeled over by an employee.

Me: That one's mine
Employee: Ok.

He hands me the case and just walks away, no checking of tag number, ID or anything.

Nice to know that your guns can be given away to just anyone
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:05:27 PM EST
Please let me know when and where you're flying to with your toys. I'll buy a wig and glasses to test out your theory.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:05:51 PM EST
Yikes. glad it turned out OK.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:09:30 PM EST
I was reading that cringing because I was sure it was going to end tragically. Glad you got your guns safely.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:10:14 PM EST
Originally Posted By Ghetto:
So a buddy and me flew to Atlanta to go to the AAC silencer shoot, we packed up his pelican case with his P226, AR15 and my SCAR. Got everything checked in ok at the Houston airport and when we flew into Atlanta the oversized packages have to go to a different location to pick them up. So we head over to the continental office and here comes the pelican case on a cart being wheeled over by an employee.

Me: That one's mine
Employee: Ok.

He hands me the case and just walks away, no checking of tag number, ID or anything.

Nice to know that your guns can be given away to just anyone

Yeah, definitely screwed up procedures in place or simply not being followed by some of the airlines.

Flew back to Kansas with a firearm about 2 weeks ago. On check in with the airline before I flew back the person at check in said I would pick it up from the check in counter at my destination as opposed to the baggage claim.

Returning 5 days later, I get home and expecting the same thing I walked up to the check in counter for my airline and asked for my luggage/checked firearm. Guy looks at me and without blinking tells me he doesn't have it, they don't bring checked firearms to the check in counter and it will go across the baggage claim conveyor. I get to the baggage claim conveyor, which thankfully was not running yet, and my gun case comes out about 4th in the line of packages for my flight.

If I hadn't made it there in time it would of been free for anyone to grab and walk off with.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:10:51 PM EST
Jesus...
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:20:44 PM EST
Why am I not surprised at all?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:24:40 PM EST
yeah i thought they were a goner.

typical airline happenings.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:27:31 PM EST
ever think to put in one of those panic alarms that were sold a few years ago that used a string to activate. Wire up the inside of case to rip out the string if someone opens it, unless the x ray see that and thinks its a bomb
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:38:10 PM EST
Be glad you got yours. It really is that easy.

I had a gun stolen at Boston's Logan Airport. For that matter, the entire bag was stolen - a huge black rolling suitcase with a fluorescent yellow dog collar attached to the handle. Scanned as unloaded from aircraft, then disappeared into the ether.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:42:54 PM EST
So did you contact his superiors about it?

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:44:43 PM EST
The same thing happens when I fly with belt feds from my unit. Sometimes they are already on the belt in the oversize baggage area waiting on us with no one standing around. That is a really nice feeling.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:50:28 PM EST
mufuhqin atlanta mufuhqin maynard mufuhqing jackon and shit airport. par for the course. the airport is a giant set aside for contractors related to atlanta city government's elite cadre. it is named for the most corrupt mayor in atlanta's history. insure your gear when you travel.

-frank
Top Top