Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/30/2006 6:46:04 AM EDT
KBR Building "Immigration" Camps

I think it's clear the Government doesn't care about immigration and given the vague reference to aiding other agencies and "disasters" I find this very alarming.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:18:32 AM EDT

to augment existing ICE Detention and Removal Operations program facilities in the event of an emergency influx of immigrants into the United States, or to support the rapid development of new programs

New Programs.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:24:57 AM EDT
Yeah I thought that was a nice touch.

Re-education that sounds like a new program.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:27:51 AM EDT
One has to be CRAZY to draw and parallels between Rusmfeld having connections to Tamiflu, Cheney to KBR, "Bird Flu Pandemics", the need to "contain" large areas in case of such an outbreak, and well, the mention of "new programs" and containment facilities..

Because well, it's just coincidence.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:28:26 PM EDT
Holy Shit , I don't know what to say to this, except that we better be on our toes. Man, we really need to get serious about these guys, I used to think of them as well intentioned bumbling idiots, but it seems like everyday I learn something about them furthering a general policy of cutting into our rights. Scary to say the least.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:30:11 PM EDT
Yes the irony of it is that $385 million dollars of YOUR money will be used. It's almost like digging your own grave.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:38:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/31/2006 12:46:33 AM EDT by mytwocents]
Im serious
What makes you think those camps are going to be for immigrants? In the next 2 years there will be a bad terrorist attack Probably WMD. Bush will suspend the constitution and decale martial law. Of course this will be challenged. and it will go all the way to the supreme court.
Wonder how that will turn out?
Editeed afterwards
Forgot to mention. It will be an untraceable attack. Untraceable could mean self inflicted for insidious reasons

KBR may also provide migrant detention support to other U.S. government organizations in the event of an immigration emergency, as well as the development of a plan to react to a national emergency, such as a natural disaster.

Honestly I think it is too late to do anything about the coming Hell.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:04:18 AM EDT
So all of you are saying there is absolutely zero plausible reasons for the government to have housing available for large groups of people. Because as we ALL know, the emergency use of the Superdome was a brilliant success.

And of course, we all know that ICE has to let many illegals go for lack of detention facilities (prison space).

Let's connect the dots, shall we?

a) Overcrowded prisons and jails. FACT
b) Limited detention center space. FACT
c) Recent Natural disasters show a sizable dearth of inexpensive housing options (hotels, motels, etc. cost lots of money....)
d) Pandemics are not fiction, and all ALL, gamed scenarios show hospitals being overrun and the need for surge facilities to house sizable numbers of people, either infected or not.

So what is the government to do? NOT build dual use facilities? Construct tent cities overnight?

How many of you have camped out in school gyms? Not very sanitary, no privacy, no security...

But go ahead and ASSUME these will exclusively be gulags for a martial law state. If it helps motivate your next purchase of ARs and 6 months of mountain House food, I'm all for it.

Just don't fall for the trap of believing as gospel what is as of yet merely a conjecture of possibilities, rather than conclusion of known intentions and PROBABILITIES.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:40:25 AM EDT
OK so let's look at the FACTS. (Not that I disagree that the other is conjecture, but it's healthy conjecture)

1. The Government has shown NO concern previously over immigration. In fact they have encouraged it for years. Suddenly they are so very concerned that they were going to do something?

--Besides it does not say they are building facilities for immigration, it says they are building facilities that could be used in the case of a large influx of illegal aliens which lends itself to the assumption that it links to the concept of natural disaster or attack when the NORMAL system was unable to function. (Which in itself is akin to the concept of martial law anyway)

2. No there is no limit of detention space all in all. Just an overabundance of criminals. What are we up to now something like 7 million behind bars? Gee let's go for 8 million. Besides that all someone has to do is come up with a reason that you are a criminal and bingo, you're supposed to be there anyway. (If you doubt the plausibility of that scenario then clearly you've not spent much time reading the pending revised Patriot Act)

3. Recent natural disasters show that the state and local government of New Orleans and LA was either completely incompetent or in collusion with someone to make certain that the ninth ward could be expanded into more tourist attractions than previously fit. (Yes I know I'm a crazed whacko for saying it... That is not to imply that I'm saying the levee was blown up or anything, only that the situation was so mismanaged that it in particular could not have been an accident)

4. So far the last two horrible evil pandemic issues that were supposed to kill half of us off have proven rather lame. SARs came and went. Avian flu seems to be having much less of an impact than we were brought to believe.

5. I don't believe anyone stated that this was exclusively to be gulags or a martial law state. However if you look at the current trend of our leadership and the total disregard for the Constitution as well as the fact that the King now owns the Supreme Court, I'm certain that you'd have to be a fool to NOT assume that this creates a potential for abuse in the future.

6. The problem with waiting for the conclusion of known intentions and probabilities is that timing is everything. Quite likely by the time the conclusion is visible it's too late. Income tax is a great example. Passed for reasons the public could accept, as a temporary measure. I don't believe it ever went away. The purpose was to pay off the National Deb, which is now 8 trillion or so.

If as it sounds like you might be you are advocating trusting the Government much less ANYTHING that Fatherland Security is involved in, then I'd call you foolish.

If on the other hand you simply pointing out that this topic might be being done with the best of intentions, then perhaps. However I'm certain that path more often than not leads to Hell.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:16:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BoogerSnax:

to augment existing ICE Detention and Removal Operations program facilities in the event of an emergency influx of immigrants into the United States, or to support the rapid development of new programs

New Programs.

Old programs made new.

It's like deja vu Rex84 all over again.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:43:02 PM EDT
Fair enough.

It's possible - I whole heartedly conceed the point - that the feds are building these centers for nefarious reasons.

But a camp is a camp. You can get it defunded or shut down ONLY if you can prove nefarious intentions/designs.

Part of the 'proof' might be the fencing... any guard towers? moats? high walls? If so, why? How remote? If very, why? etc.

Politics and highlighting absurdities (based on the innocent cover story) could preclude these things ever getting built as planned or getting built as glorified day care centers.

Again, if these news stories make you want to buy more ammo, fuel, a truck and property in Wyoming or a 2 masted sail boat along some waterway leading to the open sea...by all means go for it.

IF KERRY WAS PRESIDENT I'd would have picked up an AR, and AK, two SKS and 10,000 rounds on November 5th. Not because I was thinking of revolution, but because I'd fear he'd soon ban such things.

The expiration of the AWB - thanks to strong political pressure - reassures me that we the people can still fight to get our will done. Ditto with respect to the canning of Harriet in favor of Alito.
Top Top