Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2002 11:11:32 AM EDT
I have a buddy that owns a Army-Navy store and he has a customer who brought in a complete 8 vol set of numbered and autographed works of Sir Alfred Lord Tennyson Published in 1909 only and limited to 1000 8vol sets. Anyone have a clue about value? Anyone hear a book collector who is interested?

BrenLover
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 11:20:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Well I guess that makes it a first printing.  Hmmm, My old Physics professors has an original copy of Benjamin Franklin's book.  I don't know about the worth, of your set. Contact the literature department or historical department head at Harvard or some place that would be where I would start. You might even start at a local book store.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 1:12:19 PM EDT
[#2]
BTT
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Try these websites to see if you can find the books listed.  It'll give you an idea of whether they're worth much or not.  Prices listed tend to be on the high side.

[url]http://www.abe.com/[/url]

[url]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/books/misc/bibliofind.html/[/url]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 2:01:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry about the "autographed" part.  Tennyson died on Oct. 6, 1892.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I realized that after searching some on the net. My buddy isn't exaclty the literary type so he might be mistaken.

BrenLover
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#6]
How about a 1st edition copy of "Sixguns by Keith", Stackpole Press 1955?[:D]

Semper Fi
Dave

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top