Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2006 5:51:05 AM EDT
Forget which station, but it said that FEMA agreed to take over the rent payments for 100,000 KAtrina people in Houston, instead of the expiration of the gift in March. A family was shown on in their free apartment watching TV on a brand new big screen. It made me sick to see.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:54:18 AM EDT
[#1]
RACIST!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:05:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats the kinds shit that pisses me off.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:18:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow......
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:27:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Forget which station, but it said that FEMA agreed to take over the rent payments for 100,000 KAtrina people in Houston, instead of the expiration of the gift in March. A family was shown on in their free apartment watching TV on a brand new big screen. It made me sick to see.

That happens all the time with government assisted housing.  Usually a single mom will claim no income and then get free housing, food, and medical.  As soon as she is in the apartment she moves her boyfriend in who does have a job this violates every term and condition that she agreed to when she got all the free stuff but there is really no way to enforce it.  Imagine what you could buy if you didn't have to pay for any of your necessities.  If it makes you feel any better the TV and furniture are usually "rent to own" and not purchased outright.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:43:07 AM EDT
[#5]
the gov housing here is the same way. big screen ,every channel under the sun and freaking roaches every where.
gotta love the rent to own rip off, its only 20 bucks a week for 3 years its a great deal.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:08:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#7]
See it all the time in the Ghettos of Tampa. Living for almost free in government housing driving 40G rides with 5-10 more G's in accessories, big screens, surround sound, awesome systems in their house, wearing ALL brand name clothing and "Bling" ane we are letting them do it
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:03:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
See it all the time in the Ghettos of Tampa. Living for almost free in government housing driving 40G rides with 5-10 more G's in accessories, big screens, surround sound, awesome systems in their house, wearing ALL brand name clothing and "Bling" ane we are letting them do it

Jesus, I hope I don't forced to move down there nest year. You guys have it worse there than we do in Tallahassee.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jesus, I hope I don't forced to move down there nest year. You guys have it worse there than we do in Tallahassee.

I lived in Tallahasee for YEARS until I moved down here, I wish I hadn't moved and I am working on moving my family back up there. I HATE Tampa, even with Tallahassee getting worse it still is better than S. Florida IMO.

I'll be up there in February maybe well run into each other at the range
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:31:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Hit me up with dates that you'll be here. I'll even buy you the adult beverage of your choice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top