Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 7:25:09 PM EDT
Anyone care to comment on the US Border fence they showed?  This fence is NEWLY constructed (since 2001) and is EXPANDING.  It has reduced the illegal entries in the El Paso area but this only forces the illegal crossers to other sites.

Looks like chain link, only with a MONSTER wire, about 3/16" in diameter.  Now bolt cutters will defeat it but not regular wire cutters.  The fence is 12 feet tall.

All good stuff this week, dispelling the myth that nothing is being done.  It also illustrated just how difficult most of the border is, especially around the Big Bend area.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:28:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I live 1 mile from that fence.  Yes it is just chain link but along that fence, the border patrol sits in their vehicles all day long and at night they have generators with light and they light it up all night long so they can see what's going on.  Yes, it only drives them farther out and around the fence but it also takes them outside of town, further and further away from the railroads and highways they use to travel north.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Anyone care to comment on the US Border fence they showed?  This fence is NEWLY constructed (since 2001) and is EXPANDING.  It has reduced the illegal entries in the El Paso area but this only forces the illegal crossers to other sites.

Looks like chain link, only with a MONSTER wire, about 3/16" in diameter.  Now bolt cutters will defeat it but not regular wire cutters.  The fence is 12 feet tall.

All good stuff this week, dispelling the myth that nothing is being done.  It also illustrated just how difficult most of the border is, especially around the Big Bend area.  

Nothing IS being done. Where the hell do you live? The Border Patrol need 2000 more officers just for the southern border states. They can't simply catch everyone with their current manpower shortages. Gov Richardson's "state of emergency" is merely a gesture, an unmanned Trojan Horse. I await any positive action...................................but won't hold my breath!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Any wall or fence that can be built will be useless unless it is guarded and maintained.

Then there's the issue of tunnels.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing IS being done. Where the hell do you live? The Border Patrol need 2000 more officers just for the southern border states. They can't simply catch everyone with their current manpower shortages. Gov Richardson's "state of emergency" is merely a gesture, an an act of grandstandingunmanned Trojan Horse. I await any positive action...................................but won't hold my breath!

Fixed it for ya.  Come on, you live in New Mexico, you know Richardson has never cared before.  He's positioning himself for a presidential bid, pure and simple.  He wants to make the prez look bad so he can say "look, I did something".
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:09:01 PM EDT
[#5]
When do the remote controlled M60s get installed?  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:39:54 PM EDT
[#6]
They should just coat all of the sences with vasoline!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:33:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I caught some of it
that Chief saying they identified\caught over 100K bad guys
someone ask him how many CONFIRMED bad guys were let free
INSIDE THE US

eta: I believe it was more than 90%
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:55:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They should just coat all of the fences with vasoline  VX!

....ahhhhh, better.....
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:15:46 PM EDT
[#9]

+

=

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:38:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

"STOP RESISTING! STOP RESISTING!"

Sheep
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top