Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2001 7:34:40 AM EDT
Just wondering.  I am planning to go tomorrow.  Did you find any good deals on AR's?  What about uppers?  I can't wait to go.  Just hope that I can control my check-writing hand when I get there......
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 9:14:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I want to get there someday. Let me know what you pick up. [:D] Milldude
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I was supposed to leave at 5:30 this AM but as usual "stuff" happened so that I couldn't go. My friends will be back at 6PM so I'm sure they'll fill me in on all the good buys I missed. Oh, well. Next year!
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 10:47:26 AM EDT
[#3]
btt
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#4]
btt
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope some one who has been there today writes in soon.I wanted to go on Sunday but the husband had to have this old Champion blower and forge.[pissed]
Papa1, dont forget about the show in October! I'm hoping that I will get to go then.
[smoke]
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 7:35:39 PM EDT
[#6]
 Try to go every year but couldn't get free today. Usually a first rate show though. Have to work for the deals, I usually have pretty good luck dealing with individuals.  Dealers are more receptive to offers on Sunday than on Saturday.  Word of advice "Wear Comforable Shoes" that building is a full eleven acres.  Good luck on trying to control the spendiing urges.
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Been there, done that. Biggest friggin' gun show I've ever been to. If you can't find it there you can't find it anywhere. Go early and you just may be able to see everything.
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 4:37:08 AM EDT
[#8]
btt,

I'm leaving right now to head down.  I'll let you all know what kind of deals I found when I get back.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 5:54:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just wondering.  I am planning to go tomorrow.  Did you find any good deals on AR's?  What about uppers?  I can't wait to go.  Just hope that I can control my check-writing hand when I get there......
View Quote
We went, yesterday, and spent 6 wonderful hours there. Picked up 16" DPMS upper and two Gerber Yari knives. Had a great time...go to it!
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 3:56:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, we ended up spending about 5.5 hours there on Sunday.  I think we learned that next time we will go Saturday.  Many of the dealers said that there were many more private guns walking around Saturday and that Sunday had been a slow day.  This was obvious as dealers began packing up to leave at 12:30.  We stayed until the very end.  I am kicking myself because I did see the DE .44 that I have been looking for.  It was used, one mag, no box, and the guy was asking $700.  Rather than shoot him a low-ball price, I walked away disappointed that he didn't have the box and mag.  Oh well.  My buddy did find a nice SPAS-12 for $850, a nice Kimber custom with the polymer lower for $525, and a Ruger P95 for $215.  

I did find plenty of good deals on mags, and saw a few neat uppers too.  I passed on some neat Wilson super bull uppers as the guy at the table was giving me a hard time.  Wouldn't take a check, would take a credit card but was going to stab me with 8.5% sales tax, so I left.  

I also got the opportunity to meet Grin&Barrett at the AR-15.com table and see the 2001 Limited edition rifle.  It was neat to see the people that are behind all the work that went into making the group purchase happen.  I was really impressed with the rifle, and think that I will be ordering one soon.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top