Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2007 9:43:45 AM EDT
Tomorrow marks the end of month 11 of my 2nd deployment.  These next 3-4 months are going to drive me nuts.  If I wasn't married it'd probably be easy, but I'm starting to lose touch with reality.

Btw, it has nothing to do with "combat".  In April I became a fobbit dealing with detainee movements.

Just seeing if anyone is over the 12 month hump yet.
Link Posted: 7/18/2007 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Getting close, but I won't be here that long after my 365.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2007 2:50:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Starting my 5th as a contractor. The money's outstanding, but this incoming has gotta stop. Did 3 years at Balad and the IZ is getting worse then that.
Link Posted: 7/18/2007 6:07:20 PM EDT
[#3]
12 months for me but I just got home this past saturday.....
Link Posted: 7/18/2007 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Tomorrow marks the end of month 11 of my 2nd deployment.  These next 3-4 months are going to drive me nuts.  If I wasn't married it'd probably be easy, but I'm starting to lose touch with reality.

Btw, it has nothing to do with "combat".  In April I became a fobbit dealing with detainee movements.

Just seeing if anyone is over the 12 month hump yet.

You Army bastards get all the long time fun....

God Bless you gents.

Thank you for your service. I really mean that!!!

Wally
Link Posted: 7/19/2007 9:22:58 AM EDT
[#5]
If you have to be a Fobbit, be the King Fobbit!
Link Posted: 7/20/2007 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you have to be a Fobbit, be the King Fobbit!

lol, no thanks.  Maybe next deployment I'll get to do some real work again.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 7:38:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Tallbill,  You were just coming to Afghanistan when I left.  Now a year in Iraq.  My hat is off to you.  Stay safe.

Stray
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 11:25:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Starting my 5th as a contractor. The money's outstanding, but this incoming has gotta stop. Did 3 years at Balad and the IZ is getting worse then that.

No shit dude.  I had a mortar land 40m in front of my truck as we were passing through.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:32:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll be here 12 months next week.
It's starting to really grind on me.
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 4:25:05 PM EDT
[#10]
detainee movements.

Is that what the lump in the corner,with the water bottle beside it, is?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 12:30:27 PM EDT
[#11]
getting close on the year.  Seems to fly at times and drag other times.  Not married so don't miss much from home minus the beer and the bike.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top