Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/19/2005 7:26:45 AM EDT
Hello. I am new to this site. If this is the wrong forum please let me know but I would greatly appreciate your answers.

I will be deploying to Camp Victory soon and was told by different people that they had trailers with internet connections.

Does anyone know how to go about getting the internet connections and details, please? Thank you again!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:56:30 AM EDT
Which Camp Victory? Iraq I'm not sure, but kuwait's is a shithole! Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:52:26 AM EDT
Iraq, actually...but thanks for the info on Kuwait!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:45:29 AM EDT
Hey! I work quite a bit on Camp Victory in Kuwait and it ain't that bad. It does a pretty darn good job of performing it's mission which is to process Soldiers and Marines for redeployment back home. Those guys & gals don't think it's too bad...it's a big step on the road back towards "the house".
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:48:02 PM EDT
Camp Vistory in Iraq has HQ MNC-I. I live in the adjacent Camp Liberty and we have it worse here but I at least have net in my room. You have to get satitlite net here, just talk to the hajis that run the haji shops on post.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:46:23 PM EDT
Thanks for the info! So, how much would satellite net cost? Do you need anything special besides the satellite (which I'm assuming they provide).
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:29:41 PM EDT
The dishes we got support upto 15 people per dish. My unit ordered them from someone in the states. The haji dishes cost something like $2000, so it's best to find 15 people close by that want it. I also heard of a KBR contractor that was providing internet. If you have a roommate it's possible to share a line and split the cost. Cost us about $370 and we split that. Then there's a fee of $185 every 4 months, which we also split. They also take forever to hook the system up after you've payed. It's overpriced, but worth it I guess. Maybe you'll get lucky and find a better deal.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:36:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/29/2005 5:36:55 PM EDT by Para069]
Man , you'll love Victory!!
Its the largest and safest base in country.
Pizza Hut , Subway , BugerKing , Haji Shops all over , Big PX , at least 5 killer DFACS (messhalls) , great gyms , Heck , its almost like being back home .

As far as Internet in your "can" , you will just have to wait and see , most do or can be had as explained above.

Good Luck.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:13:04 PM EDT
Top Top