Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2005 11:53:12 PM EDT
Friend here at work heard about it and does it now and says it works to improve mileage.  Never heard of it before now and Googled it.  There is mention of 15-35% increase in mileage with no ill effects on one site......bullshit or is there any truth to it??
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:08:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Friend here at work heard about it and does it now and says it works to improve mileage.  Never heard of it before now and Googled it.  There is mention of 15-35% increase in mileage with no ill effects on one site......bullshit or is there any truth to it??

I've heard good things.  I remember hearing that there was a good ratio of acetone to gasoline that worked very well.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:01:12 AM EDT
[#2]
The article I saw mentioned 2-2 1/5 ounces per 10 gallons of gas.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:13:24 AM EDT
[#3]
A little acetone helps various fuels (e.g. nitro-methane and and pure methanol) mix properly.  I don't know if many of you drive around on that mix though .
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:30:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Acetone is the main ingredient in most carb/injector cleaners.  Too much could be harmful to injectors.  This may also be true if they are subjected to a steady diet of the stuff.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 2:06:13 AM EDT
[#6]
dupe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top