Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2006 8:28:09 AM EDT
They will be doing a marathon on FX today. They're doing a preview right now, and it looks like it might be pretty good.

Anyone a fan who can recommend, or not a fan to not recommend, the series?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:37:24 AM EDT
[#1]
They are Cylons.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:38:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Good show.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:39:01 AM EDT
[#3]
great show, the first new episode in months is on tomorrow!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:39:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't like it.  Just not interesting or entertaining.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:45:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup. Pretty cool show.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:45:58 AM EDT
[#6]
[rant]

I gotta say I am not a fan of this show.  I've been a CO for seven years and I tell you I am not sure that Hollywood and TV treat any group of professionals with more injustice.  I'm sick to death of movies and TV with the stereotypical "noble incarcerated" and the knuckle-dragging bully COs.  

I remember one day I went to notify an inmate that his daughter had been killed in an accident.  He looked at me and said, "Yeah, I could give a fu*k about that, that's not going to do anything for me in here."  Then he pulled an Inmate Accounts recipt out of his pocket and began asking me about how he could get a $10 discrepancy on his books fixed.  That's the inmate attitude right there.

I've seen COs take punches, breaking up fights; perform CPR on inmates the know have HIV/Hep-B and other maladies; work despearately to save the life of inmates who hours ago threatened to kill the and their entire family; clean up sh*t smeared by guys who want attention; sit with inmates who are dsitraught upon learning of a death in the family - sometimes for hours on end; and treat inmates who have done things beyond description with professionalism, dignity, and respect.  

Fu*k Prison Break, and other shows like it.  

[/rant]

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:07:11 AM EDT
[#7]
My wife and I started out as fans ( kind of a poor mans 24 substitute). Then we got bored with it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Insanly stupid.  This death row inmate "hours" away from execution is doing unsupervised prison work with the general population, and of course the method of execution is electric chair, which no one uses anymore.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:34:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My wife and I started out as fans ( kind of a poor mans 24 substitute). Then we got bored with it.

same here, all the reruns killed the excitement. And since the Sopranos is back!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:01:02 PM EDT
[#10]
The show isn't about prisoners per se. It is about a guy framed for the murder of the brother of the vice-potus and said inmates brother that is trying to save him and went so far as to commit a bank robbery just to get sentenced to the same prison as his brother - all in the hope of trying to break him out.

If you're a CO, God blees you for the shit you put up with. I find the story of interest. I'll probably get bored with the show eventually.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:46:45 PM EDT
[#11]
It's the only show I make a point of watching.  Realistic? Hell no, but I could pick just about every TV show and movie I watch apart.

I don't really think it depicts Cons in a positive light at all but that is my perspective on it.

It's a TV Show.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:57:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm a fan...But mostly because of the eyecandy factor and it's a lead in to 24.
Paging Sp1grrl!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top