Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2003 1:34:07 PM EDT
Or knows Harry Beckwith?
[url]http://www.afn.org/~guns/ayoob.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Bought my first gun from Harry, an old Marlin bolt action .22, with someone else's initials carved in the stock.  Cost me $75 in 1994.  Rob that runs the range is a great guy too.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:17:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I just shot in a pistol competition there last Wednesday!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:18:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey Norm..... Didn't you work at M&C?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:30:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been in his shop a couple times.  Nice guy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hey Norm..... Didn't you work at M&C?
View Quote

Yep, sure did.  From 1998-2000 I think, give or take a year.
If anyone remembers a guy with a shaved head, tattoos, big mutton chops, and an even bigger mouth, that was me.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:38:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm suprised you would say that given his HUGE collection of Nazi Lugers & assorted other Nazi trinkets.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Bought my first gun there a little over a year ago. Pretty nice place. And yes, there really is a real bullet hole through a picture of a target on the wall. The range is pretty close to my apartment, and a good place to pop off a few rounds of pistol whenever you feel the need.

That's one of my favorite stores to refer to whenever the subject of practical use of MGs comes up.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:41:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm suprised you would say that given his HUGE collection of Nazi Lugers & assorted other Nazi trinkets.
View Quote

Why?  One of my best friends collects WWII memorabilia.  Are you saying Harry Beckwith collects it because he's pro Nazi?  I just assumed he had an interest in WWII.  Maybe I was naive.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Why?  One of my best friends collects WWII memorabilia.  Are you saying Harry Beckwith collects it because he's pro Nazi?  I just assumed he had an interest in WWII.  Maybe I was naive.
View Quote

I'm not going to say anything about what I think of his politics on an open forum.  Regardless of his personal politics, Harry treated everyone I ever went down there with (hispanic, asian..) with respect.  I will say this, I've never met anyone that collects only German WWII memorabilia that doesn't have leanings that direction.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top