Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2018 8:56:41 PM EDT
Seems like a good concept. Police and Fire only network that has additional cell sites on department repeaters, thus giving them priority in disasters. Price isn't bad either with $45 for unlimited voice, text, and hotspot data with no throttling.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 11:01:13 PM EDT
FirstNet Rep is talking to us on Tuesday. I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 11:45:44 PM EDT
Moved from Verizon to Firstnet ATT.
It’s been a month and good so far.
Added a new phone for my wife and FIL and our bill should be in the $125-150 per month ??
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 11:53:05 AM EDT
Is it a department use only type plan or something we can use as individual officers?
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 12:04:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2018 12:05:44 PM EDT by swampfoxoutdoors]
Some guys in our dept have switched to first net. So far they can not tell a difference and said it cost more. From my research it should cost less if your doing the individual plan.

It was marketed to us that users get priority service over other users on towers. Reading the fine print of that contract it doesn’t state that anywhere. Only priority data use. Maybe wrong but not switching over until I see the guys in our dept getting better service.

Vol Fire here.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 2:15:55 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 83rdrecon:
Is it a department use only type plan or something we can use as individual officers?
View Quote
Plan for you as an individual. And only you. Additional lines will get the AT&T first responder discount, but not be on FirstNet.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 7:48:45 AM EDT
Pretty sure they offer a department plan as well.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 12:41:32 AM EDT
Hope to have the local rep come by the FD next month. Seems like a pretty good deal however i'm still on the old southwestern Bell plan. The one truly unlimited plan. Even in the fine print First Net says unlimited data/text/talk for 22gbs a month for 3 consecutive months. I hope i'm wrong about that though.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 7:47:23 AM EDT
I got it last weekend. Price is awesome and the concept of where they want to be in a few years makes a lot of sense.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 10:14:01 PM EDT
I use it.

I was able to use my phone during a large festival this summer where everyone around seemed to be limited to texting.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:09:17 PM EDT
Just switched my personal phone over. Few dollars/month more for unlimited with hotspot vs my Verizon 2gb/month plan. Cheaper if I drop the hotspot option.

Department is switching everything over from Verizon as well, will be saving a considerable amount of money.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 2:06:19 PM EDT
We switched the Cradlepoints in our cruisers over to a ATT FirstNet SIMM card.

So far Data is faster and we don't get the data drop that we used to during large events when lots of cellular users would overload the towers.
Top Top