Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/8/2018 11:30:03 PM
12/8/2018 2:15:31 AM
11/9/2018 9:21:38 PM
Posted: 8/15/2018 2:12:11 PM EST
I just picked up a fully serrated one and am considering placing it on my duty belt somewhere or at least on my person. We ran into a situation last week where a serrated blade would have been great to have and everyone had non serrated only.... Anyone else her carry a TDI or something similar? I have seen them placed behind mags on a duty belt but thats two fold for ease of access on my part, and the part of the person trying to get it. I considered carrying this on my boot.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 5:07:09 PM EST
Not a policeman any more, just a filthy armed guard.

I carry one. I like the medium / small one. The large is too much handle for me. I got the half serrated / half smooth blade; best of both worlds. I have it stuck to my inner belt. If something happens, even if the gunbelt gets stripped, last ditch is right there.

It lives behind my radio on my left side, where it blends in, the external vest kind of rides over it, too.

Whatever you do, think hard before you put something like that at 12 oclock. I'm not going to spell it out on an open forum, but, really think that decision through.

Not one person has commented on it. And, they've noticed other things I've tested out (one of the indulgences of not being a patrolman anymore is that you can test different arrangements and equipment without worrying if it will fail on the side of the road).
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 5:39:55 PM EST
It's a good little blade
I carry this instead behind my mag pouch

Link Posted: 8/15/2018 9:52:37 PM EST
Same as all others. Love the little TDI but retention is sketchy. Hide it well behind another item on your belt. In the end, I stopped carrying mine and now use it for deer season instead.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:04:18 AM EST
It definitely needs a new sheath. Once I find a boot/ankle sheath I like I'll start carrying it on duty.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 10:17:16 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/19/2018 10:18:12 AM EST by 1911greg]
Originally Posted By guncrazy72:
I just picked up a fully serrated one and am considering placing it on my duty belt somewhere or at least on my person. We ran into a situation last week where a serrated blade would have been great to have and everyone had non serrated only.... Anyone else her carry a TDI or something similar? I have seen them placed behind mags on a duty belt but thats two fold for ease of access on my part, and the part of the person trying to get it. I considered carrying this on my boot.
View Quote
I used to carry it behind my duty belt on my inner belt. Put it behind my radio no one noticed it for years.

ETA : carried on weak side for weapon retention

I saw people carrying it behind their mags and imho thats more noticeable and I would worry about retention
Top Top