Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2001 4:16:38 PM EDT
On cable 7:00 EST - TLC.

Still think it can't happen to any of us?
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, and it still gets me PO'd
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 4:24:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah - that's the emotion I feeling.....
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Does communism and Bolsheviks come to mind?
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Ruby Ridge was caused by gun owners, the NRA and dandruff.

(Certainly it was not the fault of the "Feebles" nor the "BAT Folk.")
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I've watched that two times now, and I can't stop myself from whelling up with pure rage.  It CAN happen here, it HAS happened here, and it WILL happen again unless something is done.  All they have to do is stick the label on someone, and it's downhill from there.  All of us with our "arsenals" and "caches" of "assault weapons".  It makes me sick, truly.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#6]
That was the second time I watched it.  It also just gets me pissed.  I would say more, but if you don't have anything nice to say...
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep... it's very sad.  But it did happen, and CAN happen again.  Hard to believe that after that guy Horiuchi blew Vicky Weaver's brains out that the guys yelled "What's for breakfast, Mrs. Weaver?" the next morning.

And to think they all had to crawl over their mother's dead body for days.  Goddamned bullshit if you ask me.  Dark day in what used to be America.

ARnSC [>(]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Our government is now a government of the One Worlders.....The CFR controls it all out of New York.....the militarization of the police and the training of 28,000 Federal cops every year at FLETC in Georgia ought to have us all worried. State Department Bulletin 7277 calls for a national internal security force to be established (Guestapo).  Ruby Ridge and Waco are just a sample of the future.  Why is it that a little old lady forgets to pay 28 cents in taxes and she gets crucified and yet the Feds can murder citizens, SWAT teams can "Oh! I'm sorry I killed an innocent person", Klinton can sell our nuclear weapons plans,  commit felonies (Klinton lying, death of Vince Foster, Ron Brown murder etc.) and none of them are ever prosecuted.  Why would anyone any longer submit themselves to this corrupt system. Ity is certainly not the system our forefathers envisioned.  I hate corruption and corrupt officials and that is about all we have these days. The Feds can go to HELL!! They have forefitted their franchise to govern the American people. Honor, decency, integrity?  Where is it???  
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#9]
SHOCK!!!!!!!
How could this have happened in my country? I can accept that Weavers participation in a white supremacy organization reflects beliefs opposed to those of most Americans. However, it's my understanding that the first amendment has not been repealed.  

But Jesus Christ! A mother, a child and an LEO all dead because someone cut the barrels off of two shot guns? Did anyones head get rolled over this? Think! Why would anyone surrender to law enforcement when LE actions have done nothing but demonstrate they intend to saluter your entire family. How could law enforcement have been so incompetent, abusive and just down right stupid? At the very least, the very least, the guy who ran this OP should have been fired and striped of any benefits such as pension etc.

As citizens what can we do to insure that LE at any level does not abuse their power. They represent us and derive their power from us so how do we hold them accountable when they stray too far out of bounds? Does anyone know?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top