Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2008 10:27:29 PM EDT
Either when it was on or on DVD?  There's a guy on Coast to Coast right now that's written a book about it.  I've never seen it, but it sounds pretty interesting.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:28:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I used to watch it when I was a kid.........it was kinda creepy, but it had alot of funny parts, especially when the mic would accidentally come down into a scene
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:30:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I watched it back in the 60's. I remembered that I liked it. I saw it again a few years ago and it was really bad.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#3]
It was a vampire show?  The guy talking about it makes it sound like it was all over the place, vampires, werewolves, time travel...
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:51:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Used to occasionally catch it when it was in its heyday...It definitely broke new ground in daytime TV - probably the very first horror genre soap opera.

Barnabas Collins was sort of the goth version of J.R. Ewing...
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 12:21:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Ma Danby picked up an almost complete set of the VHS tapes that were donated to Friends of the Library where she works.  She started watching them again.  I find hitting my hand with a hammer more entertaining.  The productions and set values are one notch above the original Star trek, the acting worse.  IIRC towards the end Barnabas kind of becomes a nice guy.  I'll never find out.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 12:50:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Dark Shadows = vampire soap opera.  i remember watching it in the 60's as a kid,it was really cool to me then.Barnabas Collins was the vampire. basically about as retarded as any other soap opera, except more cheesy,especially when you could see the overhead mic following people back and forth in the scenes.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 12:54:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I watched it back in the 60's. I remembered that I liked it. I saw it again a few years ago and it was really bad.

So, I'm not the oldest SOB here.

~R
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top