Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2005 9:22:36 PM EDT
Or have access to some good translation software?  I'd like this news article translated:

Ýncirlik üssünde tecavüz iddiasý

Ýncirlik Hava Üssü'nde görevli ABD'li askeri polis Mitch xxx (24) emekli bir astsubayýn kýzý olan B.B.'ye (17) tecavüz ettiði iddiasýyla adliyelik oldu. B.B., Suçüstü Savcýlýðý'na verdiði þikayet dilekçesinde, "Mitch ve arkadaþlarý beni eve çaðýrdý. Alkollüydük, kendimi kaybettiðim sýrada tecavüze uðradým. Benimle evlenmek istediðini söyledi. Ancak daha sonra vazgeçti" dedi.
Suçüstü Savcýlýðý'na çýkarýlan Ose'la arkadaþlarý Daniel xxx ve Robert xxx, haklarýndaki suçlamalarý reddetti. Suçüstü Savcýlýðý, sanýklarý Nöbetçi 3. Asliye Ceza Mahkemesi'ne sevketti. Mahkeme yargýcý, B.B.'nin bakire olduðunun doktor raporuyla belirlenmesi üzerine Ose ve arkadaþlarýný serbest býraktý.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#1]
gobble-gobble

ETA:  my bad, I thought you said Turkey.......
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Durka durka?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#3]
This article actually concerns an incident in which three of my buddies were arrested by the Turks for supposedly kidnapping and raping a young girl.  I had to go testify in front of a Turkish court for them.  It's a pretty funny but long story, just thought about it tonight when I was looking thru some old photos and thought I'd see what I could find on the web.  Sure enough this popped up.

I'll write the story up when I've got a little more time but I thought I might be able to get this translated.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:36:28 AM EDT
[#4]
bump
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
gobble-gobble

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:39:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This article actually concerns an incident in which three of my buddies were arrested by the Turks for supposedly kidnapping and raping a young girl.

I SO NOT wouldn't like to been on their shoes...
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:53:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
gobble-gobble

hungry slid across greece and ate turkey..

no more gobble gobble..
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:53:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Durka durka?

Damn it! You beat me to it lol........
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:40:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Were you in the military in Turkey?
I was outside Ankara in '63-'64.  Unfortunately I don't speak or read the language.  I had a web site saved from the days in Turkey.  A lot of ASA guys who were linguists were on the site.  I'll see if I can locate it for you.

Quoted:
Or have access to some good translation software?  I'd like this news article translated:

Ýncirlik üssünde tecavüz iddiasý

Ýncirlik Hava Üssü'nde görevli ABD'li askeri polis Mitch xxx (24) emekli bir astsubayýn kýzý olan B.B.'ye (17) tecavüz ettiði iddiasýyla adliyelik oldu. B.B., Suçüstü Savcýlýðý'na verdiði þikayet dilekçesinde, "Mitch ve arkadaþlarý beni eve çaðýrdý. Alkollüydük, kendimi kaybettiðim sýrada tecavüze uðradým. Benimle evlenmek istediðini söyledi. Ancak daha sonra vazgeçti" dedi.
Suçüstü Savcýlýðý'na çýkarýlan Ose'la arkadaþlarý Daniel xxx ve Robert xxx, haklarýndaki suçlamalarý reddetti. Suçüstü Savcýlýðý, sanýklarý Nöbetçi 3. Asliye Ceza Mahkemesi'ne sevketti. Mahkeme yargýcý, B.B.'nin bakire olduðunun doktor raporuyla belirlenmesi üzerine Ose ve arkadaþlarýný serbest býraktý.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I was outside Ankara in '63-'64.  Unfortunately I don't speak or read the language.  I had a web site saved from the days in Turkey.  A lot of ASA guys who were linguists were on the site.  I'll see if I can locate it for you.

Much appreciated buddy!  I'd about given up on this.

Yeah, I was at Incirlik in '97 and '98.  I spent a couple days in Ankara, good time.  I imagine it's changed quite a bit since you were there.  Hell, apparently Incirlik has changed quite a bit just since I was there.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#11]
it says: "drink more ovaltine"

Son of a bitch!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:27:05 PM EDT
[#12]
“Ever been in a Turkish prison, Timmy? Do you like movies about gladiators?”
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:43:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Anybody speak Turkish?!

Lot's of folks in Turkey.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:53:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Durka durka?

NO, that is Arabic....you meant "Turkah Turkah....Muhammed Ali"
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:48:50 PM EDT
[#16]
http://www.merhabaturkey.com/index2.html

This is a site with info on the various bases in Turkey.  Enjoy!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:41:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I got  a note today from the Veteran of ASA Turkey.  He is on his way to an ASA Turkey get-together.  He knows of 2 translators  that he served with and will get back to me when he gets back to Indiana.    

Bob
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:16:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I got  a note today from the Veteran of ASA Turkey.  He is on his way to an ASA Turkey get-together.  He knows of 2 translators  that he served with and will get back to me when he gets back to Indiana.    

Bob

Thanks much for taking the time to do this, Bob.  Really appreciate it.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:28:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I was outside Ankara in '63-'64. Unfortunately I don't speak or read the language. I had a web site saved from the days in Turkey. A lot of ASA guys who were linguists were on the site. I'll see if I can locate it for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Much appreciated buddy! I'd about given up on this.

Yeah, I was at Incirlik in '97 and '98. I spent a couple days in Ankara, good time. I imagine it's changed quite a bit since you were there. Hell, apparently Incirlik has changed quite a bit just since I was there.

I was stationed at "the Lik" 1981-82.  Was the Kahani still there?  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:29:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You're not much use to me alive, are you Turkish?

No thank you, Turkish.  I'm sweet enough.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:54:02 AM EDT
[#21]

I was stationed at "the Lik" 1981-82.  Was the Kahani still there?  

Yep.  Probably didn't smell any better than when you were there, either.  I'll have to ask my buddy for an update.  I couldn't believe people actually used the place-Adana has a million Turks, half of whom are men, about half of whom go-that's 250k dirty Turks for about 400 girls.  Talk about your sloppy seconds.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#22]
you gotta be talking about a place called the Karahani!  At least that was what it was called in Ankara.  A SSGT that I served with in Tokyo was at the relay station in Ankara when I got there.  We were at the NCO club one night when he asked me if I had been to the Karahani yet.  I didn't know what he was talking about.  He said  we would get in his car and go down to Ankara.  All I could think of when we got there was the pictures of the red light district in Amsterdam that I had seen in some magazine.  Funny place.  No place I wanted to be for long.  The military was running the country when I got to Ankara.  I f they caught a women in a hotel room with a manshe was not married to, off to the Karahani.  They could get out by paying their fine.  How did they get the miney to pay the fine?  Well  work in the worlds oldest profession.  

Quoted:

I was stationed at "the Lik" 1981-82.  Was the Kahani still there?  hr

Yep.  Probably didn't smell any better than when you were there, either.  I'll have to ask my buddy for an update.  I couldn't believe people actually used the place-Adana has a million Turks, half of whom are men, about half of whom go-that's 250k dirty Turks for about 400 girls.  Talk about your sloppy seconds.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#23]
My roommate could definately translate that for you. I'm not sure if I can help you though. If this is a news story about rape, I'm pretty sure he'd be a little weirded out!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:11:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Thanks!

No. But i do have a BAD translation from a website.

Well, makes a bit more sence now Or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top