Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2005 2:07:15 AM EDT

I just watched it last week.  I'd never heard of it before and was pretty blown away!  

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 2:20:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought it sucked.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought it kinda sucked too....it's like they were trying to make a Blair Witch style war film. The main characters "transformation" was a little hard to believe.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 2:31:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I guess the main reason I was kinda blown away by it was because I had never heard of it before and up 'til close to the end (when the Afghan-American guy got killed) I thought it was real.

I just saw the blue and white box at Blockbuster and the back just said something like "An American documentary film-making team went to Afghanistan in Sept 2002.  This series of video tapes smuggled out of Afghanistan into Pakistan by Northern Alliance members is all that remains."

so, I guess I was kind of a sucker 'til about the last 20-30 minutes where it got a little too "Hollywood" to be believable.  

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:09:18 PM EDT
[#4]
ex-Army guy dehydrates before anyone else, sprays gunfire from the hip, wastes all of his ammo in 5 seconds firing in the dark at tracers. Nice.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:35:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
ex-Army guy dehydrates before anyone else, sprays gunfire from the hip, wastes all of his ammo in 5 seconds firing in the dark at tracers. Nice.

uh huh....  I've seen stranger things in the real world.

I didn't say I thought the guy was Mr Perfect Hardcore Delta Operator.   Just that I was under the impression that it was real, due to a lack of ever hearing of it before.  Didn't have really big doubts until about the time the interpreter got whacked.  I thought they did a lot of stupid things that were asking to get killed, but then people do stupid things every day in real life.

Besides, the main character was basically suicidal.

nevermind.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:00:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah I thought it was real too until he broke out the .22 cal AK (armscor? or something?)

Then it turned into a comedy.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:45:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeah I thought it was real too until he broke out the .22 cal AK (armscor? or something?)

Then it turned into a comedy.

I did notice that his AK was kinda strange looking, but then I've seen a few photos of oddball AK variants sort of home-made out of Afghanistan and Pakistan.  In fact, I think SOF's Rob Krott(sp?) did a story on "gunsmiths" making these kinds of weapons in northwestern Pakistan a couple of years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top