Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2005 8:06:05 AM EDT
If so, why?  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:12:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Btw you may be poking fun at Star Wars geeks but it was conclusively proved here www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=352907 that geeks get more chicks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:12:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:13:37 AM EDT
[#3]
on Sunday.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:20:51 AM EDT
[#4]
A friend of a friend of mine (not me! ) Downloaded the "leaked copy" on bit torrent.
It was straight off the video print so it was good quality, but it had marker numbers running on the top. I must say out of the last three this was the best, but you know what? that ain't saying much! Again as usual, the effects are spectacular if cartoonish! But the drama(?) reads like a pamphlet. It was hella-lame! Also that whole george Bush critique is not really there. Would I see it in the theatres? No. Would i rent the DVD? yes. But like i said i dont have a copy, that would be illegal but my friends cousin brothers sister-in-law twice removed has a copy.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:22:52 AM EDT
[#5]
"star wars: a new hope." is my favorite movie.

i dig everything about Star wars, the charachters, the fantasy, the light sabers, the concept of the Jedi. and the action

(Apocalypse Now is #3)
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:06:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
"star wars: a new hope." is my favorite movie.

i dig everything about Star wars, the charachters, the fantasy, the light sabers, the concept of the Jedi. and the action

(Apocalypse Now is #3)

Hey!  I said anybody OVER 10!!!! BTW,  don't you think the weapons concepts in the Star Wars series are simpleminded??  More effective weapon than a light saber?  What about a 16th century flintlock??  Weapons on space ships that function like WWII pom-pom guns and are manually sighted??  Gimme a break!  
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:30:35 AM EDT
[#7]
It was worth it for the lightsaber duels alone.
The plot was good, but the dialogue sucked.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:38:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I've never seen a Star Wars movie.  Weird huh?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:51:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm 22. Saw it yesterday. Poorly acted, but other than that it wasn't too bad. It bridged the two trilogies nicely.

That said, about 30% of the theater was UNDER age 10. I wouldn't be surprised to learn the little fart kicking the back of my chair an yelling was under 7.

Also, I really doubt most 10 year olds could follow the plot.

Do the weapons seem simple minded? Yeah. So what? Most scifi uses lasers that seem the same way. When was the last time ou saw a scifi movie with someone shot from over 50 feet.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:00:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Funny enough, this was the most violent Star Wars I've ever seen. Lots of limbs and heads being removed.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:06:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If so, why?  

Some are in denial that their childhood is over...
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:13:31 AM EDT
[#12]
A few lines weren't too good, but I think that was response to fan request - less jabber and more action.  That being said I felt a few dialog  scenes seemed cut a little short.  The action really rocked though.  Good plot, acting good enough, and action that will be a benchmark for years to come.

Worth watching in the theater.  But I can't wait till it comes on DVD to hear on my sound system.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:29:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Jar Jar is briefly seen and not heard--best part!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top