Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2015 7:53:02 PM EDT
There is a late 90's or 2000's model that I pass by regularly that appears to be at a place that no-one lives in, it has no plate, and has not moved for a long time.
Thought about investigating it more as a potential buy.
Anything problematic with these?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:49:18 PM EDT
[#1]
MRnot
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:29:31 PM EDT
[#2]
There really isn't anything you need to be overly concerned about other than it being a very old vehicle that has sat not running for an unknown amount of time.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:39:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There really isn't anything you need to be overly concerned about other than it being a very old vehicle that has sat not running for an unknown amount of time.
View Quote

This.  

I see them in racing a lot.   They tend to do well in the autocross circuit.   I prefer the late model MR2 to a similar Miata.   Much more interior space in the MR2.  Frequently have cooling issues in racing forcing some drivers to build obnoxious looking air ducts to keep engine temps down.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

MRnot
View Quote
OSAR

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#5]
like said above pretty bullet proof drivetrain, I have owned multiple MR2's (all 2nd gen's) and they are very fun cars, burping the coolant is a PITA sometimes that will cause over heating issues if not done properly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top