Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2005 8:08:15 AM EDT
I have an olympic set that's about 15 years old and I'm trying to acquire a few more 45 lbs. deep dish style plates by York.  I've scoured the classifieds on-line and off with no luck.

They look like these:

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:19:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Why get York?

You should be able to pick up some random 45 lb olympic plates from lots of sources.  

I would look local because shipping will be a pain if you order something.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:26:24 AM EDT
[#2]
really dumb question..

pls dont bite me..

whats the diffrence between one 45 lb piece of metal and another 45 lb of metal..

or are you looking to keep the "set"

thanks
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#3]
If he's anything like me, he grew up using the old-school York plates and hates the new rubber-coated crap they're putting out now.  Plus, whenever I load up a bar all the plates HAVE to match.  Just a weird habit I've picked up over the years.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:41:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If he's anything like me, he grew up using the old-school York plates and hates the new rubber-coated crap they're putting out now.  Plus, whenever I load up a bar all the plates HAVE to match.  Just a weird habit I've picked up over the years.

Amen to that!

Also, when you get into the heavier plates, the majority of the new Chinese stuff is usually off by several pounds.  (Unless you want to pay around $1.00 a pound for a professional grade.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top