Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2015 12:08:51 PM EDT
I've got 2 Amazon facilities within a half hour of me. I'm tired of working for the state and all the BS associated with jailing these days. I've heard both good and bad, just looking for some first hand accounts before I start applying for jobs with Amazon.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:09:48 PM EDT
[#1]
State?  Don't you get a pension if you stay on long enough?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#2]
You want a warehouse job?

Prepare to work x4 10 hour days, 3 off. OT is there if you want it. Order pickers walk at least 10 miles a day, lots of stairs too. Or you can load/unload trucks or package product. All the warehouse guys around here start as temps and you may get hired on if you're good but no guarantees.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:16:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Use this opportunity to move out of an anti-gun shithole instead maybe?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:18:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Use this opportunity to move out of an anti-gun shithole instead maybe?
View Quote
Maybe a state with commercial flights?  They've all bailed from DE.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:21:44 PM EDT
[#5]
My sister worked at one of their distribution centers, she liked the job.  They closed it recently though, so now she is back on the taxpayer's teat.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup, 25 year retirement and pension is a percentage of your 3 highest years earned. I've got 8 years in now, I won't make it another 17, not with the way things are going. I also refuse to kill myself and have my family life suffer by working 80 hours a week only to be raped in taxes. I know these are normal people problems, but for what the job requires the juice isn't worth the squeeze.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yup, 25 year retirement and pension is a percentage of your 3 highest years earned. I've got 8 years in now, I won't make it another 17, not with the way things are going. I also refuse to kill myself and have my family life suffer by working 80 hours a week only to be raped in taxes. I know these are normal people problems, but for what the job requires the juice isn't worth the squeeze.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

80 hrs a week?  I understand why you are looking elsewhere.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I do. Sort of.

For the most part it's been really good.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:30:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I hope its not in the warehouse.  

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2012/02/mac-mcclelland-free-online-shipping-warehouses-labor
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My regular work week is five 8 hour days on a non rotating schedule. I haven't seen a weekend day off without taking vacation since I started. I'm a Sergeant with Mondays and Tuesdays off, which really aren't terrible days. I only make about 100-150 dollars more per check than a basic Officer and I have WAY more responsibility. It's pretty bad when I have to work 60 hours a week to bring home $2k every 2 weeks. Now you've got me ranting about my frustrations lol
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:50:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My regular work week is five 8 hour days on a non rotating schedule. I haven't seen a weekend day off without taking vacation since I started. I'm a Sergeant with Mondays and Tuesdays off, which really aren't terrible days. I only make about 100-150 dollars more per check than a basic Officer and I have WAY more responsibility. It's pretty bad when I have to work 60 hours a week to bring home $2k every 2 weeks. Now you've got me ranting about my frustrations lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A company like Amazon though, is figuring every way it can to robotize its workforce.  And, doesn't offer a pension.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top