Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2014 12:10:20 AM EDT
Well...

Tell us all about it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:13:14 AM EDT
Have one in my buddies shop. It looks cheap and It is ridiculously heavy. Pass.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:36:12 AM EDT
I like the exposed hammers. I want one actually.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:56:46 AM EDT
I saw a used Norinco for sale at a gun show once for $800. And a guy bought it
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:13:07 AM EDT
I’ve owned mine for about 8 years, shot some cowboy action with it.  I never had any issues with it, defiantly fun to shoot.  Finish sucks but it’s a solid shotgun, patterned after a Colt 1878 Coach.  I polished the chambers so shells would drop free, ejectors were required to be disabled for Cowboy Action.   Setting off both barrels is badass.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:28:42 AM EDT
I like mine. Finish is decent.  As previously mentioned, heavy as fuck.  But it's got live hammers and decent triggers.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:31:42 AM EDT
I have the Ruskie version (Bakail or however the hell it is spelled )... Mine has twin triggers and internal hammers (actual box-lock action from what I can tell).
Amazing value for the price.
Wood fits well, but was proud all around... Easy fix with some sanding and a refinish of the buttstock.  Forearm just needed a minor touch at the rear / action.
I disabled the auto-safety as the safe on open thingy was a bit much... Safety functions fine, just not automatically anymore.
Trigger pull was pretty stout, specially on the rear trigger... Was a pretty simple fix to smooth and lighten both triggers.

I bought it as a Joe Biden Special. . I shall loose both barrels off the balcony while screaming like Biden / Chunk from the Goonies to thwart criminals intent on harming my family.

I ended up buying the Ruskie double rifle version in .45/70 as well... Action is the same, barrels are interchangeable.  Love that rifle... Beginner model safari double.

Bought another shotgun as a project, working up an action block now, will be fitting a set of barrels... Thinking about a .470NE.  From what I can find, the action should be strong enough. .  I'm guessing this project will take a few years to actually get shooting..l when it does though....
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:51:13 AM EDT
I have a Norinco. Triggers are on the small size for my hands. I can fire both barrels at once but it takes some work to get fingers on both triggers. Fit and finish is good. Hammers look fragile but have held up well.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 2:01:54 AM EDT
I bought a nornico JW2000 model in 12g back in '08.  Haven't shot it yet.  I wouldn't shoot anything but lead shot out of it though when I finally get around to it.

They look a little rough close up.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 2:19:43 AM EDT
I looked at them but decided to just buy a Stevens 311 and cut it down to legal length.  I put a bead on the end and went with that instead.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:20:23 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By criio1:
I like the exposed hammers. I want one actually.  
View Quote

I bought one just for that "vintage appearing" feature.  The gun has a "trigger interlock" that prevents the hammer from reaching the firing pin unless the trigger is pulled, so it's a rather safe system versus the old style "firing pin on hammer" models.  It makes a fun little gun to keep around loaded in places where an AR would look out of place, like as a fireplace gun.
Top Top