Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 5:57:00 AM EDT
I never heard of them today until I saw the SHOT Show report in the Armory section which indicated they will have a 308 AR-10-type with a folding stock.  Maybe just what I need till the SCAR-H gets here.  Anybody know if there rifles are any good?  Here's a pic of a 5.56 model (sorry about the size, it's not my pic):

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:27:41 PM EDT
[#1]
nobody?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#2]
A few years back, they started offering a gas piston upper.  

I liked the idea, but their cost was very high just for an upper, and I heard the wait times were long.

They were out of central Massachusetts back then.   Their part of the state is pretty Republican, but Boston always guides their fate with more voters in elections.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:34:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
(sorry about the size, it's not my pic):www.zmweapons.com/LR%20300-ML-A%202.JPG

You shouldn't link directly to pics on someone else's website, personal or business, unless you have explicit permision of the owner of the site. Everytime someone views this thread, the site hosting the image pays for the bandwidth.

Download the image to your PC, downsize the image, upload to a free image hosting service then link to the free hosting service image.

Now that that's out of the way, could be cool.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Kinda looks like the Olympic Arms OA-93 setup. I wish ZM would sell that as a 9mm pistol upper.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
(sorry about the size, it's not my pic):www.zmweapons.com/LR%20300-ML-A%202.JPG

You shouldn't link directly to pics on someone else's website, personal or business, unless you have explicit permision of the owner of the site. Everytime someone views this thread, the site hosting the image pays for the bandwidth.

Download the image to your PC, downsize the image, upload to a free image hosting service then link to the free hosting service image.

Now that that's out of the way, could be cool.

It's not 1999 anymore, bandwidth is cheap.  I pay $7/month for 10GBs/day which I don't even come close to using (nor would most websites).  Most business persons with any common sense (does not include Sigforum freaks) would see it as good advertisement as well as adding to their search engine rankings (not as much as a hyperlink though).  If they were that concerned, they'd resize these pics instead of resizing them in HTML as they do on their site.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:53:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
A few years back, they started offering a gas piston upper.  

I liked the idea, but their cost was very high just for an upper, and I heard the wait times were long.

They were out of central Massachusetts back then.   Their part of the state is pretty Republican, but Boston always guides their fate with more voters in elections.

Thanks for the info, maybe i'll just go with a DSA FAL...
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#8]
They've been around for a while (years). Their AR15 gas piston upper product is actually old news now.

I've had a couple of opportunities to shoot their 5.56 AR product. They appear to be of very high quality and reliabilty. A bit heavy like many gas piston uppers. They shot well. I've never heard anything bad about them other than they are somewhat expensive and delivery times can be a little long.

Both weapons I shot had side-folding stocks, which in my mind is the only reason to get one. That feature is incredibly cool and convenient. I still don't get the whole reason for gas piston AR systems other than that, though. Sure, they stay cleaner, but my AR will run for at least 600 rounds from a clean condition and has many times and I didn't think the felt recoil of the ZM was really any different, either.

Anyways, if you've got your heart set on a 5.56 AR gas piston set-up you might also look at the POF and LW gas piston uppers as well. And you can always get one of the ZM side-folding stocks to go with any of those uppers.

aa

Edited to add: if you don't want to wait for the .308, why not just get a FAL Para?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:12:37 PM EDT
[#9]
i have talked to them on the phone for a customer of mine.  they are really picky about sending anything to anyone other than an FFL or LEO.  they will NOT sell ANY upper less than 16" unless you send them a copy of your tax stamp.  the pistol lower excuse does not fly with them.  at least that was my experence.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#10]
IIRC they made piston uppers WAY before it was all the rage as it seems to be now...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:23:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
...they will NOT sell ANY upper less than 16" unless you send them a copy of your tax stamp.  the pistol lower excuse does not fly with them.  at least that was my experence.

Sounds prudent, especially since their upper by itself would bust the max. weight for a pistol by a lot. I've never been able to get anyone else to sell me a short barrel without a tax stamp either,

aa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top