Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2010 6:35:12 PM EDT
I'm going to be flying soon. Will I have any issue getting on a plane with my Wilderness belt?
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#1]
no.
just take it off through security.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:37:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Why would you have an issue with a belt?
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Getting through the metal detector - yes.

Just take it off and no one will look at it twice.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Nah, you'll be taking off your pants for the cavity search anyway.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#5]
If thats all you are wearing - then yes you may have a problem.  However, if you are fully clothed in addition to your belt, you should have no issues.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This.

I have the titanium Wilderness Instructor belt and wondered if it would set off the detector.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Take it off and when you're passing through the full body scanner make sure you're fluffed up a bit.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why would you have an issue with a belt?

Not sure. I haven't flown since I was a little kid. I know they make a frequent flyer belt. Wasn't sure if it was because airlines didn't like the regular big steel buckle.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

no.

just take it off through security.

This. Just flew to Austin for the Larue range day, no problems with my Instructor belt or Surefire crenulated bezel.

ETA: No problems with checking my Glock 23 either.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:44:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't bother getting the "frequent flyer" wilderness belt thinking you can be all smart and wear it right through the metal detector (which I did successfully for some time)

You WILL be taking it off for the new backscatter penis view devices, no matter how slowly and carefully you explain to the friendly TSA agent that there is no metal in your belt.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Not sure. I haven't flown since I was a little kid.

You're in for a real treat.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure. I haven't flown since I was a little kid.

You're in for a real treat.

Yeah I figured as much.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Tap dancing shoes with the little metal tips on the heels and toes are equally as troublesome. I also hear that they scrutinize those wearing them and screen them more closely.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I flew to Yellowstone 2 weeks ago with one... It went in the bin with my shoes, wallet, phone, keys... and came out the other side in the same condition it went in.  No one said a thing about it.

Only problem that I had is a TSA "lady" asked me to open up my surefire 6P light and show her that it had batteries in it, and then she asked me to show her that it functioned her exact words were: "Shine it HUR so i cun see dat it wurks"... so I blinded her eyes with it, and went on my way smiling.  Bet she won't do that again.  

I thought about explaining to her that I had replaced the dinky little 60 lumen bulb with a BLASTER Q5 bulb from TNVC that pumped out 250+ lumens... but then I figured that this TSA goon deserved what she was about to get.

I assume that they are worried about binary explosives being smuggled on planes inside small things like flashlights???

Anyhow, no problem with the belt.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I imagine batteries look quite a bit like shaped explosives on x-rays, considering they're both masses of chemical compounds.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I have the titanium Wilderness Instructor belt and wondered if it would set off the detector.

Probably will - just take it off and pass it along with your other stuff.  Fun Fun.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:55:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I don't believe it would, but you may be asked by TSA to remove the belt anyway.

They just make shit up as they go along, so anything's possible.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:00:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I flew to Yellowstone 2 weeks ago with one... It went in the bin with my shoes, wallet, phone, keys... and came out the other side in the same condition it went in.  No one said a thing about it.

Only problem that I had is a TSA "lady" asked me to open up my surefire 6P light and show her that it had batteries in it, and then she asked me to show her that it functioned her exact words were: "Shine it HUR so i cun see dat it wurks"... so I blinded her eyes with it, and went on my way smiling.  Bet she won't do that again.  

I thought about explaining to her that I had replaced the dinky little 60 lumen bulb with a BLASTER Q5 bulb from TNVC that pumped out 250+ lumens... but then I figured that this TSA goon deserved what she was about to get.

I assume that they are worried about binary explosives being smuggled on planes inside small things like flashlights???

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#19]
I've flown multiple times with one - never a problem.

If anything they just ask you to raise your shirt and show the belt if it has a metal buckle.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:05:08 PM EDT
[#20]
See if you can get a flight that makes a stop at Raleigh-Durham International Airport.  You'll love it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:25:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I flew to Yellowstone 2 weeks ago with one... It went in the bin with my shoes, wallet, phone, keys... and came out the other side in the same condition it went in. No one said a thing about it.

Only problem that I had is a TSA "lady" asked me to open up my surefire 6P light and show her that it had batteries in it, and then she asked me to show her that it functioned her exact words were: "Shine it HUR so i cun see dat it wurks"... so I blinded her eyes with it, and went on my way smiling. Bet she won't do that again.

I LOL'd at that one...

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Probably will - just take it off and pass it along with your other stuff.  Fun Fun.

FAIL
I travel for bidness often and wear a Wilderness with the titanium buckle every time.     No hassles during domestic, no hassles during the super-duper-crotch-squeeze at YYZ, no hassles at CDG, etc.  TSA drones may ask you about the buckle, and you just reply that it is e-specially made not to cause hassles in airports.    

Under no circumstances use terms like "non-magnetic" because their walnut-sized brains will overload.    

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:10:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Take it off and when you're passing through the full body scanner make sure you're fluffed up a bit.

Fuck that, I'm just gonna stick my hand down my pants and wave my junk at 'em.  So they can check under my nutsack, too.  I hate the fuckin' TSA idiot pigfucking retarded airport ninja mouth-breathing overweight thieving cocksuckers.  Useless fucks.

1911fan

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:13:08 PM EDT
[#24]
You take off the belt and put it through the machine. No issues.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Be CAREFUL with that wilderness belt!!!

Their logo may be confused with a burning bush = flame = fire...and we all know

"You can't take fire on a plane!"
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Don't bother getting the "frequent flyer" wilderness belt thinking you can be all smart and wear it right through the metal detector (which I did successfully for some time)

You WILL be taking it off for the new backscatter penis view devices, no matter how slowly and carefully you explain to the friendly TSA agent that there is no metal in your belt.

Yet another reason to avoid those damn things. Practically have to only wear a hospital gown for the damn thing to work. Can't have anything in your pockets so no wallets, papers, etc.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Yet another reason to avoid those damn things. Practically have to only wear a hospital gown for the damn thing to work. Can't have anything in your pockets so no wallets, papers, etc.

I'm all for avoiding them, but the last time I flew (terminal 2, Oakland, yesterday), your option was to stand in the penis viewing machine or get pulled aside for a three minute grope session.  

As much as I like strange men touching me, I don't have the patience to stand there like a dumbass getting my cock stroked so I went for the machine.  

When it comes to stuff in the pockets, etc, my solution is to wear a Scott e-vest no matter how fucking hot it is where I am.  Everything that would normally be on my person goes in the vest.  Everything.  Vest goes on the conveyor belt, off come the shoes, and I'm ready to rock.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top