Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2006 8:06:23 PM EDT
i have never seen them as bad as they are this year.  I'm going down and pickup up some of that pesticide stuff tomorrow that kills the beetle or bugs the moles like to eat.  

Anything else I should pick up?  Thanks.

vmax84
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I just call the local mafia and tell them I know where some moles are. They come over and the problem disappears.

I wish I still had the link for the mole exploder device. That was cool.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#2]
must kill gopher...
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:10:48 PM EDT
[#3]
keep your eye on the fruit
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:14:06 PM EDT
[#4]
i've tried the guillotine things. The best thing to do is to buy the pesticide that eradicates the grubs that the moles feed on. Then they go elsewhere.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:14:47 PM EDT
[#6]
My father always put a piece of hose on the tailpipe of the truck and fed it into a properly prepared gopher/mole hill.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:17:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My father always put a piece of hose on the tailpipe of the truck and fed it into a properly prepared gopher/mole hill.

Brillant. Smoke those bastards out.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#8]
how much money you want to spend?

Rodenator

I know people that have bought these and made it a side business to pay for it- hire it out at $50 an hour blowing up rodents.    It is pretty loud, though.    Not to good for the suburban neighborhood.

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:51:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
how much money you want to spend?

Rodenator

I know people that have bought these and made it a side business to pay for it- hire it out at $50 an hour blowing up rodents.    It is pretty loud, though.    Not to good for the suburban neighborhood.

That's the one I was thinking of before.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I have gotten very pissed at them, I have tried the peanuts, spring loaded traps, and the grub gone stuff. None work very well, but with the grub stuff I had fewer ants and japanese beatles.
I have considered five galons of gas down a hole, but have seen what a yard looks like after that.
I thought M-80's , scatters the dirt to much.
My dog is good at getting them but he leaves big holes in the yard.
One of the local pest control companies has a new program that for $175 they come out and seed the runs with poisionious grubs, and they will come out as many times as needed for one year to re apply. sound ok. But then we have the poision problem and the dog, not a good idea.
So I went extreme, I got a buddy to rent a tiller for his tractor ( I paid) and tilled the whole damn yard down 10 inches, followed by drag level and add grub stuff with the new seed.
I my thinking I disrupted the food supply, and thus reduce the population of moles.
My yard was thirty or thirty five years of crabgrass and moss, and had many small chunks of shingles from the tornado that I could not rake up.
Start over balance the enviroment with compost and other good stuff, and maybe the moles and I can co-exsist.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Bottom of page

Always knew there was a use.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:57:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I use a pellet gun,i would like to use something bigger but the police in town seem to have a problem with it. Take care of them now before they spread out.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:58:24 PM EDT
[#13]
A friend of mine had a golden retriever that would sniff them out, dig them up and then throw them around the yard until they quit moving. When the dog got tired of playing with it he would then just throw the mole in a five gallon bucket of water and throw another bucket with dirt in it on top of it to make sure they drown. Damn things look like a potato with legs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top