Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2016 11:50:49 AM EDT
I'm looking to add a shop to my property. I'm thinking I want something about 30x40' which will be insulated/heated and include a small 3/4 bath that can be framed in later. Comparing pole buildings and traditional stick built but VersaTube seems to offer the best value I can find ($13k minus slab) and it looks like me and a few friends could put one up in a weekend on a pre poured slab saving me some serious bucks on construction. I'm just curious if any of you guys have one on your property and what you think of it. I trust reviews from folks here a lot more than "customer" reviews you see online that usually look like they were all written by one person.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 7:12:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll go ahead and bump this since I posted a spilt second before the server went down.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one.  I have a 28x36. I like it.  I have 14$k in mine slab, building and 16x12 door.   Just so you know there are many companies...for instance mine is a Carolina Carport structure that uses versa tube and they put it together.  I poured slab, they came and put it up and then I had a door company come put me in a nice insulated door.  I had it spray foamed then I used 5/4 decking hilt gunned horizontally up walls and across ceiling then hung osb.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 8:58:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Does not look like a good value to me.  I put up a 30x45 Menards pole barn package for 7k a few years back with two garage doors.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 9:17:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does not look like a good value to me.  I put up a 30x45 Menards pole barn package for 7k a few years back with two garage doors.
View Quote

Self installed?

Around here they tend to go for $12k or so for that size then I either have to hire it out or likely screw up setting a bunch of posts square. I can bolt prefab panels together and anchor them to a slab easy enough.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 9:20:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one.  I have a 28x36. I like it.  I have 14$k in mine slab, building and 16x12 door.   Just so you know there are many companies...for instance mine is a Carolina Carport structure that uses versa tube and they put it together.  I poured slab, they came and put it up and then I had a door company come put me in a nice insulated door.  I had it spray foamed then I used 5/4 decking hilt gunned horizontally up walls and across ceiling then hung osb.
View Quote

What was the cost for spray foam if you don't mind? I'm considering this or foam board to insulate. Heat will be forced air electric just to keep it above freezing and a wood stove to bring it up to temp when I'm out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top