Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2004 5:48:39 PM EDT
Wanting some opinions on the Wiley-X sunglasses.  I'm looking to get a new pair of sunglasses and can get a deal on the XL3s.  Any thoughts on use as everyday/shooting glasses.  Also, I have a kinda big head (no jokes).  Are they "cut" big?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a pair of Rebels, actually my second pair.  They had the interchangable lense package with each pair (smoke/clear/amber).  For the money I think they are more than worth it.  Excellent ballistic protection (for plastic glasses) and they hold up well.  They stopped making this model a few years ago and I've decided on a pair of XL-1's when these finally go.  I would recommend them and Yes, they are cut big.  I have a large melon as well

As for everyday.......I wear them as sunglasses during the day and put in the clear lenses when I go to the range.  Feels nice and comfortable that the same frames I wear during the day  I also wear when I shoot.  I'm spoiled with them and feel outta place whenever I forget them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:16:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a pair of SG-1's I love them and they have interghangable lenses
AND RX if you need to

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:43:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got some Romer II's I picked up on ebay pretty cheap with 4 sets of lenses. I like them alot.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:57:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a pair of the SG-1 goggles/glasses. I wear a 7 1/2 hat, and the SG-1s are plenty big -- only touch my face/head where they are supposed to touch, despite my ,um, "pinchable" cheeks.

Regards,
Chris
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:11:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a pair of Romer II's that I bought from Bocrap Tactical. I've worn them everyday here in Iraq since I got them in May and they're holding up very well.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:17:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a pair of J23 and had them made in my prescription with transition lenses.

I use them when I ride my motorcycle.  The glasses and the prescription are great.  The transition lenses suck.  When it is sunny, although they darken, they do nothing for the glare.  I will get a new pair made with polarized lenses and use the transitions for driving at night.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:22:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got a pair of Romer II's that are prescription. Love them...We were issued the SG1's in Iraq. They worked well save for the fact that they fogged up despite the vent holes designed to avoid just that problem...
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:46:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got 2 pair of sabers.   1 clear and 1 tinted.   Love them.   comfortable.    
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:36:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Got a pair of SG-1 Wileys and like em.  They came with 2 lenses, clear and amber (not the smoke grey, for some reason).  The amber looks good, but the clear looks kinda funny because when wearing them, you can see the foam gasket around your eyes and it looks strange...

When wearing them, use the darker lenses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top